Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

DoriDori240 posted:

I dunno..I suppose you could be some lonely chud hawking the same 6 items for a year in zone chat while being comically inept at actually playing the game? Just a thought.

Sorry, can't hear you over here in rich person land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I play so lazily that I'm not sure I'll ever run out of just dicking around and doing quests to have to worry about 'endgame' content

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LastGoodBoy posted:

Sorry, can't hear you over here in rich person land.

I wouldn't call being rich in dumpster fire a good thing tbh. Call back when you manage to cash out to the tune of $500+ from selling gold to suckers still playing this pile o poo poo.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I have thought about it, but I got this game as a gift copy on Steam, so I'd have to sell my whole Steam account.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Scyantific posted:

I wouldn't call being rich in dumpster fire a good thing tbh. Call back when you manage to cash out to the tune of $500+ from selling gold to suckers still playing this pile o poo poo.

Man you sound real mad about this fun mmo

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Magmarashi posted:

I play so lazily that I'm not sure I'll ever run out of just dicking around and doing quests to have to worry about 'endgame' content

I’ve been playing zone by zone in story order and it’s honestly absurd how much questing there is to do. It just feels like one big pool of adventure that I can just submerge myself in whenever I want.

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016
I look cool and I do quests

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When do you get to the look cool part? I look like a stupid rear end in a top hat.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

When do you get to the look cool part? I look like a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

The clash between the new player honeymoon period ("This is cool and amazing and all I ever wanted in an MMO! :unsmith: ") and the cold, hard realization that this is actually a monetized lootbox simulator with only three classes and identical quests copy-pasted between zones can be really jarring.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Turn on your monitor

Comrade Koba posted:

The clash between the new player honeymoon period ("This is cool and amazing and all I ever wanted in an MMO! :unsmith: ") and the cold, hard realization that this is actually a monetized lootbox simulator with only three classes and identical quests copy-pasted between zones can be really jarring.

I've played on and off since the beta launch and I still find it to be really fun to play around in

At least it isn't WoW...

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 31, 2020

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Don't really care about endgame, the environments look fun (I love Sumerset) and I like number go up. Also I just finished leveling 150 champion points just by standing next to a dolmen and clicking a little bit. lol it's like factory work simulator, but I'm surprisingly not bored yet.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
:same:

I'm having a great time going zone by zone clearing quests, reading some of the lore books and clearing delves. I'd rather do that instead of rushing thru dungeons as fast as possible ignoring content.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Serious answer: go to an outfit station and make a custom outfit.

You'll probably want at least some styles unlocked though, you can get the basic ones off player shops or by stealing (which is pretty fun on it's own).

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Private Speech posted:

You'll probably want at least some styles unlocked though, you can get the basic ones off player shops or by stealing (which is pretty fun on it's own).

drat wtf this sounds rad.

Comrade Koba posted:

identical quests copy-pasted between zones

I'm in Deshaan and I'm already starting to feel this. I've been kind of trying to convince myself I can just do the story quests and skip the sidequests but then it's like drat, why am I even playing this game?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

drat wtf this sounds rad.

It's a rare drop, in morrowind you can get special morrowind styles instead.

It's still quite fun to do, give it a go sometime. Pickpocketing can be a bit frustrating until you get the skill up though.

e: Here's the list of styles in the game, click on a style to see what the pieces look like. You don't need to craft it mind you, all you need is to learn it to be able to make outfits with it. You get colours to apply to it from achievements.

Crafting style items is mostly for master writs which ask for items in a specific style. Fulfilling master writs let you either cut down research times on traits or get more chests and crafting stations for your house.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 31, 2020

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Im there with ya, im at CP 100 i think? I still look like a stupid rear end in a top hat

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Don’t you get that baller gold costume at that level though?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

I've been kind of trying to convince myself I can just do the story quests and skip the sidequests but then it's like drat, why am I even playing this game?

There are so many regions that even just doing story quests (and maybe a sidequest now and again that lines up with the story quest) is gonna net you a lot of playtime.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Base game zones are pretty dull and repetitive, it's the DLC zones where the writing/characterizations shine brightly.

Except Elsweyr, Khamira can go die in a fire.

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016

it took a long time, but I aimed for getting Grand Master Crafter and the rest took care of itself re: outfit styles and stable daily income

trudging through the mediocre base zones nets you some neat dyes, however. I also recommend the Mage's Guild quest line for a nice blue and the Main Quest for a nice black

bio force ape fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 31, 2020

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

You also get some outfits unlocked around level 20 I think? They aren’t the best in the world but at least you don’t look like a fantasy hobo. There’s one for heavy, one for medium, and one for light.

Also keep any disguises that quests give you. You can use those as poor man’s outfits.

The must admit I bit the bullet and used some of my crowns for the Jarls outfit and wear it on my Sorc because it looks more badass than any robe I’ve yet seen. And it was on sale. :shrug:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have the slave outfit I wear often.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Wait. How does food level scaling work? If I eat food that scales from 25-29 but I’m level 36 does it do nothing? I thought it would cap or something but my character status says it’s adding 0 health and magica.

E: yeah found some higher level food and ate it and got my Magicka buffed. Boy that’s kinda ... unintuitive.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 1, 2020

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
April Crown discount is in full effect. I managed to use it to get all of the Zone DLCs that I didn't have. I know I could just subscribe, but I've sworn that poo poo off ever since I subscribed to DC Universe Online for about 6 years and only played regularly for 2 of them. x_x

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Can anyone craft New Moon Acolytes light armor chest, legs, gloves, belt and boots with all of them impenetrable trait? Don't care about the motif.

I have all of the mats, I'm @MustangSA in ESO.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

MH Knights posted:

Note that I do not care about DPS or doing stupid crap like vet dungeons or raiding.

:respek:

E- I like all the chill approaches itt lately

Snowy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 2, 2020

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Chill bros unite :hfive:

Bogus Adventure posted:

April Crown discount is in full effect. I managed to use it to get all of the Zone DLCs that I didn't have. I know I could just subscribe, but I've sworn that poo poo off ever since I subscribed to DC Universe Online for about 6 years and only played regularly for 2 of them. x_x

Not being subbed is pretty brilliant if your bags can take it, playing on and off without feeling that I "have to" play or that I'm neglecting anything.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Thanks for buying all the crap I dump in the guild store goons.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Anyone else ever have the issue where the game will only launch in safe mode with networking? This is on a fresh windows 10 install with no third party antivirus, and on both the steam launcher and the bethesda launcher.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Quit this back in August - stupid stay at home is forcing me to look at this or WoW. Feelsbad man.

Might login to see how many crowns I have, buy the zones I don't have and then log off, don't think I can actually raid on my current Intel HD 4000 laptop xD

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

Any idea if it's worth buying the Elsweyr edition if all I bought was the base game but I have the sub? I could see not subbing at some point, but I don't have any idea what is dlc and what is expansion content not included with eso plus. The Elsweyr edition is 70% off at only $14.99 so I may just pick it up.

Small Bipedal Cat
Dec 12, 2018
Can I get a quick rundown on the classes and races as they currently stand? A friend and I played a ton circa 2016 and we just picked up Morrowind and Elsweyr for dirt cheap. I feel kinda lost. I see that there's tons of nitty-gritty detail guides but not a lot of plain overview stuff. Anything helps.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Do you want to be
Lightning
Fire
Ghosts
Trees
Spooky Blood

Pick that class.

Race/class differences and optimization become relevant if you’re trying to push progression or whatever but I am a Radical Casual and I’ve heard that actually digging into the numbers drives people mad so

Pick what looks cool

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016
I'm a Breton Magicka Dragonknight but to me I'm a Human Pyromancer

it's more fun that way

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So if I wanted to start back up playing and only bought the base game a while back, what's the best way to buy back in and be able to access greymoor stuff? Should I buy elswyr now and wait or would a greymoor pre order handle that too?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Elblanco posted:

So if I wanted to start back up playing and only bought the base game a while back, what's the best way to buy back in and be able to access greymoor stuff? Should I buy elswyr now and wait or would a greymoor pre order handle that too?

Greymoor preorder does not come with Elswyr. At least I have not seen it mentioned anywhere on their site.

Do you care about Elswyr? If not, then don’t worry about it. You have more than enough content without it and if you sub you’d have more content than you’d know what to do with before Greymoor comes out.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Essential posted:

Any idea if it's worth buying the Elsweyr edition if all I bought was the base game but I have the sub? I could see not subbing at some point, but I don't have any idea what is dlc and what is expansion content not included with eso plus. The Elsweyr edition is 70% off at only $14.99 so I may just pick it up.

Currently, Elsweyr is a "chapter" but will be demoted to "DLC" once Greymoor comes out next month. If you like the Khajiit or want to fight dragons, I'd pick it up. Like you said, it's cheap. :)

Ingame, open the Crown Store and click on DLC to see what they put under that banner. You get access to all of that as an ESO+ member.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
252 golden jubilee boxes opened today and still missing three pieces of Jephrine Paladin outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Burnt Poffin posted:

Currently, Elsweyr is a "chapter" but will be demoted to "DLC" once Greymoor comes out next month. If you like the Khajiit or want to fight dragons, I'd pick it up. Like you said, it's cheap. :)

Ingame, open the Crown Store and click on DLC to see what they put under that banner. You get access to all of that as an ESO+ member.

Good point, I'm just going to grab it while it's on sale :)