Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yeeshastone/dnd-dice-unown-themed-dice-set/

Countdown to the inevitable cease & desist from Nintendo

Cute kickstarter but man I can't imagine it lasting super long given how recent that other pokemon kickstarter thing was, though that was for an unofficial pokemon mmorpg while this is just for dice and some figures so maybe it'll sneak past, idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Yeah, seems like something that would sell gangbusters on Etsy. But Kickstarter? This won't end well.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Kickstarter/Nintendo don't seem to care that much about small merch projects like that; there are a bunch of completed kickstarters for pins and so forth.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I just pushed Super Americana Magic Force Go! out through DriveThru, if you have Americana you should be able to download it now.

That wraps Americana. I can't really find the words to express how it feels to say that. First major project, and it basically enabled me to do and make everything I've done since. And I have y'all to thank for it in a huge way, nearly 35% of Americana funding came from this thread.

Thanks, friends.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Haven't got a note from DTRPG about Super Americana Magic Force Go! yet, but I imagine their systems are pretty swamped this week.

And also, aww. That statistic makes me happy. :)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I just pushed Super Americana Magic Force Go! out through DriveThru, if you have Americana you should be able to download it now.

That wraps Americana. I can't really find the words to express how it feels to say that. First major project, and it basically enabled me to do and make everything I've done since. And I have y'all to thank for it in a huge way, nearly 35% of Americana funding came from this thread.

Thanks, friends.

:3: Congratulations on your success!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Leraika posted:

:3: Congratulations on your success!

The same, and thanks for making a cool game !

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I finally received my copy of Inhuman Conditions! Only 18 months after funding! It’s really nice, and much bigger and heavier than I was expecting.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Frosthaven kickstarter was delayed a week.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Frosthaven kickstarter was delayed a week.

I am guessing with so many people out of work due to the apocalypse Frosthaven will be the first many project delayed.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I will back it, but I'm glad they're delaying it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Thanks, friends.

Congrats on the success!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks everyone. Next up is the Roleplayer's Guide to Heists, that's coming along really well, and Disposable Heroes shouldn't be too much further behind it.

Then I can finally make The Next Thing!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Thanks everyone. Next up is the Roleplayer's Guide to Heists, that's coming along really well, and Disposable Heroes shouldn't be too much further behind it.

Then I can finally make The Next Thing!

I bought the preview edition of the Guide to Heists and am really looking forward to the full version.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So, not only did the Glitch preview show up yesterday, but the Sunlands sent out PDFs today.

I felt I'd made the right decision to back it. The Tea-Fling made me sure.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
The thing I really like about Sunlands, now it's out in the wild, is that everyone seems to have a different favourite hex.

Thank you for your support!

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

potatocubed posted:

The thing I really like about Sunlands, now it's out in the wild, is that everyone seems to have a different favourite hex.

Thank you for your support!

I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet but the parts I've seen look great. I've never run a hexcrawl before so I wasn't sure if there was a recommended hex to start on? Do I just pick the one I like the sound of? Start them in one of the towns? Roll some dice to pick? Definitely open to suggestion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You should start them in a town so they at least have a chance to buy supplies they forgot during chargen and have a place to retreat to (this is especially important in some of the more lethal hexcrawls)

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'd say Partisan is your best bet for a starting hex if you're new to the idea. The area around it is pretty low-threat unless you piss off the phoenix, and it has plenty of divine healing available if you can tolerate the theocracy.

Other than that, either of the other towns makes for a decent start too. Foxbank has a lot of skulduggery and Castle Rock is next to some pretty nasty stuff, but they've both got town-level supplies. The only problem with Foxbank is that it's right on the edge of the map so you need to tell the players not to try going west.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

potatocubed posted:

I'd say Partisan is your best bet for a starting hex if you're new to the idea. The area around it is pretty low-threat unless you piss off the phoenix, and it has plenty of divine healing available if you can tolerate the theocracy.

Other than that, either of the other towns makes for a decent start too. Foxbank has a lot of skulduggery and Castle Rock is next to some pretty nasty stuff, but they've both got town-level supplies. The only problem with Foxbank is that it's right on the edge of the map so you need to tell the players not to try going west.

That makes a lot of sense, I was leaning towards a town so good to know I was on the right track.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Was tempted by the Fading Suns Kickstarter, but ended up cancelling my pledge when I realised it was Ulisses US doing it. I don't have many of their other products but I was burned once by the janky Wrath & Glory rerelease, and I don't really trust them as a result.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Frosthaven Kickstarter is live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frosthaven/frosthaven?ref=discovery&term=frosthaven

You can pledge for $1 and get full access to the backerkit - times are uncertain and Isaac's being really reasonable about this.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
only $100? again? Isaac is in fact being extremely unreasonable about it. good lord, just the size of the box.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

90s Cringe Rock posted:

only $100? again? Isaac is in fact being extremely unreasonable about it. good lord, just the size of the box.
He's at least charging more reasonable shipping this time around!

I am digging the big pack with solo scenarios, removable stickers, and the narration app.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

dwarf74 posted:

He's at least charging more reasonable shipping this time around!

I am digging the big pack with solo scenarios, removable stickers, and the narration app.

Yeah we're torn between the base game, the pack you mentioned, or adding in the bt insert, we don't care about coins...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

silvergoose posted:

Yeah we're torn between the base game, the pack you mentioned, or adding in the bt insert, we don't care about coins...
You can always just go base game and do add ons later.

There's a ton of $1 pledges too. Good to see.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just to confirm how Kickstarter works; if I back at the $1 Pledge Manager tier, but actually pledge, say, $50, that $50 gets carried over to pledge managers properly right?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That's exactly how it works :)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Warthur posted:

Was tempted by the Fading Suns Kickstarter, but ended up cancelling my pledge when I realised it was Ulisses US doing it. I don't have many of their other products but I was burned once by the janky Wrath & Glory rerelease, and I don't really trust them as a result.

They've been nothing but solid overall with the TORG Eternity stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Eyes Have It posted:

That's exactly how it works :)

Dope. Time to spread that purchase over about 4 paychecks

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
It won't take your pledge till the campaign is closed so it will still come out in one lump sum.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Losem posted:

It won't take your pledge till the campaign is closed so it will still come out in one lump sum.

Oh I know; just gonna pay off the pledge manager one add on at a time. I did that with BattleCON, and it was so nice

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
you can do a $1 pledge and just buy everything in the pledge manager too right?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The first Gloomhaven campaign had the standee only box for $64, free shipping. That's my copy!

As is, $100 + $28 shipping now, vs probably $120 + free shipping later in a 3rd or 4th printing after the typos get fixed and errata is in... I think I'll wait on this.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The more I think about getting Gloomhaven, the more I just feel defeated about organizing the game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

GrandpaPants posted:

The more I think about getting Gloomhaven, the more I just feel defeated about organizing the game.

The Broken Token organizer is incredibly well designed. It's a bit of an investment, but absolutely worth it imho

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

GrandpaPants posted:

There are plenty of storage options out there for it. If you don't want to go with on of the pricer ones you can just google for yet another storage solution. I ran with that for a while and it worked really well. But if you aren't concerned with price I'd go with the broken token one or something equivalent.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

you can do a $1 pledge and just buy everything in the pledge manager too right?

Yes. And, in fact, that's probably the best way to do it for this particular Kickstarter since there are no stretch goals to worry about and Isaac gets a higher percent of the cut that way (since you don't have Kickstarter taking its share of whatever your eventual full pledge is).

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

For what it's worth, I was not a fan of the Broken Token organizer for Gloomhaven. Compared to some of the other solutions of their's that I and my friends have, it felt kind of phoned in and needlessly complex. I use it because it was a sunk cost, but I wish I'd just invested in plano boxes.

Edit: The single biggest storage upgrade you can do for it is to buy an accordion folder for the map tiles.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I juse the plano boxes method and its p nice, its still an outstanding pain in the arse to organise and get on the table, but that's just How It Is I guess