Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
There's also like a top gear story thing that puts you in random cool cars as the stig to do things, and a stunt driver story where you get in crazy fast cars and do big jumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock

i like how in astral chain's postgame the difficulty slowly ramps up from "styling on old enemies" to "gently caress you, fight 3 bosses at once" and then "hideki kamiya personally visits your home with a shotgun and tries to kill you" for the secret superboss

i beat it but holy piss that thing is ridiculous

treasure bear

food court bailiff posted:

i gave in and summoned my buddy for pontiff sulyvahn and now i feel like a dirty cheater

i would totally have fought him solo, for real, if the runup to the boss wasn't like ten minutes of super boring fighting and waiting for that fire witch to walk down the parade route and stuff

there's a shortcut that makes it one of the shortest boss runs in the game like only a 45 seconds without having to fight anything

nut

leopold moves into my island today and he is cool and good

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

nut posted:

leopold moves into my island today and he is cool and good

i'm getting a penguin named Tex today. He already nicknamed me Picante. Not the cutest penguin i've ever seen but he is chill for sure.

hopefully i'll get Ankha next if the amiibo card option finally opens up at the Nook stop machine :pray:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

nut

I gave up on trying to get Tad to leave but instead am gifting him all the landfill stuff and only the ugliest clothes

Areola Grande

is tattling to isabelle the only way to get wack villagers to leave? i've got lyman the jock koala and he has got to go ASAP

Yinlock

and now my hand hurts from all that superbossing i did last night

this is the price of the gaming war

it's not even a funny injury like wankers' cramp, just "you pressed ZR 300,000 times yesterday"

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

treasure bear posted:

there's a shortcut that makes it one of the shortest boss runs in the game like only a 45 seconds without having to fight anything

the one up the left staircase? i have no idea how you'd do that without fighting the irithyllian slaves at the bottom and/or the pontiff knight at the top, and if you end up fighting them you've gotta be pretty careful of the fire witches inside, too

i'm playing on ps4 right now btw, so the processional doesn't even freaking start walking unless i circle all the way around and actually enter the big front building of the church, and if the processional doesn't start walking they will punk you with fire as you run past too. pretty sure when i did it on pc the processional would start walking as soon as i left the church of yorshka, but still have no idea how you'd make it to sulyvahn without ganking some mobs on the way

Rockman Reserve

who put that magic ballista in the smouldering lake anyway

giants? there's a lot of dead giants around it. but why?

nut

prepuce repurposed posted:

is tattling to isabelle the only way to get wack villagers to leave? i've got lyman the jock koala and he has got to go ASAP

I tried this with tad two days straight and got nothing. I gave up on day three so now I’m convinced three days of hitting them with bug nets (three times in a row to get the reaction) might have done it

eventually when you’re at capacity I think inviting new people let’s you kick others out but that’s twitter hearsay

Yinlock

if ds3 had chalices like bloodborne i would be able to find a chalice to fight him in solo

why doesn't DS3 have boss rushes or anything

ugh

you could tell it was a cash-in

i mean it's not a bad game by any means but their heart just wasn't in this one and it shows

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay so i moved into a new town a few months ago, and have also gotten fairly hooked into stardew.
i mean i have loved harvest moon forever, and very much enjoy fishing/gardening/beekeeping in real life so it makes sense, right?

this abandoned community hall is a few blocks from my house and i am seriously considering some urban exploration.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Rockman Reserve

why was irithyll so isolationist, that if you left you were never able to return without a totemic doll

Areola Grande

the resemblance is uncanny. take photos if u go in there pls especially if there's a giant safe

nut

the resemblance is uncanny. take photos if u go in there pls especially if there's a giant safe

or aliens plant ghost harvest spirits

Areola Grande

I just turned 400,000 bells worth of turnips into 1.6 million bells on the stalk market :sandance:

It's all thanks to goons in the official New Horizons thread :cheers:

Yinlock

I just turned 400,000 bells worth of turnips into 1.6 million bells on the stalk market :sandance:

It's all thanks to goons in the official New Horizons thread :cheers:

now you're the 1%, i hope your island has a good union

Areola Grande

I'm too busy investing in island infrastructure to give a flying gently caress about Bernie atm

my island is finally going to be lavish enough to be worthy of Ankha's presence here :radcat::ironicat::nyan::catte::catdrugs:

nut

I’m so bad at making bells :(

Areola Grande

nut posted:

I’m so bad at making bells :(

seek the thread. read the op and add yourself to the database. be prepared to add like 100 goons' friend codes

nut

seek the thread. read the op and add yourself to the database. be prepared to add like 100 goons' friend codes

I don’t know if I want that either hahaha

Areola Grande

yeah it's a little overwhelming when you see like 45 friends playing AC on your home menu

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

I don’t know if I want that either hahaha

in order to truly be immersed in animal crossing i just gotta be as broke as i am irl

beer pal

lyman is my friend and hes a sweet boy

what ive read though is the main thing is not talking to them at all, and it may help to hit them with your net a bunch every day. thats what im doing with my dumbass duck

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Areola Grande

beer pal posted:

lyman is my friend and hes a sweet boy

what ive read though is the main thing is not talking to them at all, and it may help to hit them with your net a bunch every day. thats what im doing with my dumbass duck

i like lyman fine until he opens his mouth. i mean what's not to love about a cute green koala with permagrin.

i just grew up surrounded by jock types irl and i've had enough of their poo poo

Heather Papps

hello friend

Cranky, Jock, Lazy and Smug

if i am going to be honest with myself, i am a lazy type i think

Areola Grande

:same:

vanisher

just gave my jock villager a pull-up bar and I got a nook miles achievement for making a best friend (first one). Then he promptly made me purchase his sunglasses and said "whew finally sold those".

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

vanisher posted:

just gave my jock villager a pull-up bar and I got a nook miles achievement for making a best friend (first one). Then he promptly made me purchase his sunglasses and said "whew finally sold those".

Just what I would expect a hunk to do. Better smack him with a net

Yinlock

vanisher posted:

alpha move

Areola Grande

just bought persona 5 royal even though i know i won't get to play it anytime soon due to animal crossing deadlines

:negative:

take the moon

by sebmojo

animal crossing deadlines

:negative:

yall are blowing my mind. deadlines in a video game??? do u have to go to school and do homework too

nut

take the moon posted:

yall are blowing my mind. deadlines in a video game??? do u have to go to school and do homework too

I wish, I’m too busy weeding and picking up fallen sticks

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
DS3 is the only one in the franchise I never got around to finishing. Oh and Demon's Souls, but my ps3 is packed up. Uh and the new ninja one too cause I didn't buy it since I'm cheap and buy games on sale. Wow, guess I'm only 3 out of 6 =/.

Rockman Reserve

okiedoke posted:

DS3 is the only one in the franchise I never got around to finishing. Oh and Demon's Souls, but my ps3 is packed up. Uh and the new ninja one too cause I didn't buy it since I'm cheap and buy games on sale. Wow, guess I'm only 3 out of 6 =/.

this is super heretical and i know it but i really enjoyed the first few hours of sekiro and then just like....completely stopped enjoying it at all

i have a very big but very cheap tv and an original ps4 and i felt like there were genuine hardware limitations to what the game expected, counter-wise. the world is pretty cool to explore, with the grappling hook and infinite-stamina dashing, but it's really hurt by the fact that exploration only really ever rewards you with (admittedly scarce) consumables. there's no armor or anything and the more hidden ninja tools i've seen so far (really just the raven feather mist quick step or whatever are pretty situational and worse than your normal loadout.

one thing it does have in its favor is how open things are if you're willing to explore, my save file is currently stuck on like four completely different bosses simultaneously. i also found the (secret?) area with the pinwheel guy, but i didn't ever give him either pinwheel or explore much there because i found it totally by accident and it seemed like it was full of kinda badass dudes and i'm pretty sure i had to like, try to glitch-jump back up the cliff or something to get back to the buddha to warp the h*ck away

Areola Grande

nut posted:

I wish, I’m too busy weeding and picking up fallen sticks

Finally caught a string fish with with only five hours to spare until April whew :dance:

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie

this is super heretical and i know it but i really enjoyed the first few hours of sekiro and then just like....completely stopped enjoying it at all

i have a very big but very cheap tv and an original ps4 and i felt like there were genuine hardware limitations to what the game expected, counter-wise. the world is pretty cool to explore, with the grappling hook and infinite-stamina dashing, but it's really hurt by the fact that exploration only really ever rewards you with (admittedly scarce) consumables. there's no armor or anything and the more hidden ninja tools i've seen so far (really just the raven feather mist quick step or whatever are pretty situational and worse than your normal loadout.

one thing it does have in its favor is how open things are if you're willing to explore, my save file is currently stuck on like four completely different bosses simultaneously. i also found the (secret?) area with the pinwheel guy, but i didn't ever give him either pinwheel or explore much there because i found it totally by accident and it seemed like it was full of kinda badass dudes and i'm pretty sure i had to like, try to glitch-jump back up the cliff or something to get back to the buddha to warp the h*ck away

Fashion Souls is the real game.

nut

Finally caught a string fish with with only five hours to spare until April whew :dance:

wooooo, i somehow got crazy lucky and got one on my third strike but my friend in the uk didn't have one and between 90 bait on my end and 140 on his he finally caught one!

he also caught a golden trout and later a tuna, neither of which I have...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade

Not animal Crossing related but bannerlord has come out in early access. It's p good so far but currently feels like an upgraded version of the old game, minus some of the QOL stuff and lacking some improvements you'd feel were 100% required based on some of the original game's more annoying quirks. But still, solid for an early access game.