Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1245157415538110470

:rolleyes:

A 'number' of COVID books that we will all read in quarantine 2 years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

imagine how much rudy giuliani hates the coronavirus. not because it's killing people, but because it makes de blasio a super mega ultra 9/11 mayor

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

avoided the news as I unfroze my poor jeep from under nine months of Alaska snow and ice

did the roni cleanse this cracker devil nation yet?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/DBelardoMD/status/1245031918493630464

sorry to harsh the fun vibes

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

triple sulk posted:

thinking about 9/11

thinkin bout thos beams

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Jazerus posted:

imagine how much rudy giuliani hates the coronavirus. not because it's killing people, but because it makes de blasio a super mega ultra 9/11 mayor

Blasio's been real quiet after the school-closure anouncement, imo; Cuomo seems to be the mayor now.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
literally all the people you hate will not get this

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Dont get me started

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Chuka Umana posted:

:hmmyes:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Dustcat posted:

it means nothing, there's a lot of noise in these numbers

the 150k dead total was a ridiculously optimistic prediction based on the assumption that we'd do a full lockdown everywhere, which didn't happen

the realistic prediction is 3 million dead

is 3 million from the imperial college paper or elsewhere?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

why are you being a bummer in the roni thread dude

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

MoaM posted:

Blasio's been real quiet after the school-closure anouncement, imo; Cuomo seems to be the mayor now.

cuomo got the roni, roni is mayor now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana posted:

Ah but I think I'm coming down with a fever

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Dustcat posted:

it means nothing, there's a lot of noise in these numbers

the 150k dead total was a ridiculously optimistic prediction based on the assumption that we'd do a full lockdown everywhere, which didn't happen

the realistic prediction is 3 million dead

3 million by what date?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

thinkin bout thos beams

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

upgunned shitpost posted:

Mayoroni is the new quarantine noodle of choice.

Thump! posted:

avoided the news as I unfroze my poor jeep from under nine months of Alaska snow and ice

did the roni cleanse this cracker devil nation yet?

The featured live streams on YouTube are giving me the answer stand by...

I can confirm, the answer is

'no'

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

warhammer 240k

I was gonna go for WFH240K:DOA but its too messy

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Looking forward to everything accelerating in April 'cuz March was hella slow.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

we are so amazingly hosed

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

this has false flag written all over it

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I want to get off Mr. SARS-CoV-2 wild ride

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

When I grow up I'm going to Covid University

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Now see, to me that's :unsmith:. At least the French are helping out, you think they're putting American victims in hotels?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/onetwtuser/status/1245168622374244354

https://twitter.com/onetwtuser/status/1245170184840593410

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Chuka Umana posted:

jokes on you i hate everyone

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Get ready for raids on homeless shanties in service of number:

Coronavirus: UK faces cardboard shortage due to crisis

quote:

The UK could be hit by a national cardboard shortage as more and more local councils suspend their regular recycling collections owing to pressures caused by the coronavirus outbreak, the industry’s trade body has warned.

The Recycling Association said it has huge concerns about a looming European and even worldwide shortage of fibre – used paper and cardboard – which is used to manufacture millions of cardboard boxes essential for food and medical supplies distribution.

With home deliveries skyrocketing, much of the fibre will end up in general household bins, which means it will be incinerated or go into landfill, the The Recycling Association (TRA) warns. Valuable quantities of fibre have also been lost from major high street retailers such as McDonald’s, Primark, John Lewis, Argos and B&Q after non-essential businesses were told to close.

Simon Ellin, chief executive of the TRA, said: “Of huge concern to us is the signs that Europe is already becoming short of fibre with which to make cardboard boxes. Food and medical supplies all move by cardboard box and if we can’t make cardboard boxes, everything stops. If councils stop collecting recycling, and many are, all this fibre is burnt or goes to landfill and we will be short.”

Fibre recycling is a global market and materials flow across Europe and the world, but the lockdown means physical barriers are increasingly springing up to prevent this distribution. In Germany – the biggest European player – significant volumes of fibre come from Poland, but the Poland-Germany border is now shut. This has meant Germany is now seeking material from France and the UK.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

Now see, to me that's :unsmith:. At least the French are helping out, you think they're putting American victims in hotels?

I don't know how American victims can even report domestic violence because it's their husband cops who are beating them and they can't call the police.

ALL
Cops
Are
Beaters

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

D1E posted:

3 million by what date?

a month from now, a little less, if it keeps growing exponentially

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Roni Injecting State Law Enforcement with Steroids: A Summary

https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1245177062601695238

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

wolfs posted:

is 3 million from the imperial college paper or elsewhere?

no, it's just the ballpark of what you get when you multiply 330 million by X percent getting it and Y percent dying of it because icu beds aren't available, plugging in various reasonable numbers for X and Y

D1E posted:

3 million by what date?

when the epidemic is mostly over, which would probably be july here in the us

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Is the reasoning in this article faulty, or is it just based on old data? They seem to be arguing that the 'real' mortality rate of covid is much higher than what the media is reporting.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30195-X/fulltext

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

way to bring down the pandemic thread

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Mayor Dave posted:

true, true

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Chris James 2 posted:

A comic of Mother Nature being sick of our poo poo and wanting us gone, but also it's not a comic, it's real life

Mother Nature strikes back

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

upgunned shitpost posted:

wrong cuomo. chris cuomo, the reporter, got it. his brother, andrew cuomo is the governor.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thetan_guy42 posted:

hows everyones prepping? i installed the bidet attachment, got my machete (need buy gun), oximeter in the mail, pickling kit and were gonna start a raised bed garden that will be useless when the volcano comes. maybe ill grow mushrooms?

that sounds like an awful lot of work just to take a poo poo

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
I wonder what's going to be the thing that breaks me in all of this: my empathy for the patients and hospital staff during this outbreak, the slowly dawning realization that family/friends/coworkers could get the roni and die, the eventual future where this pandemic ends and it gets revised by the media as 'not a big deal', or getting the roni.

Bets on getting the roni.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

D1E posted:

He just did:

Oh trump himself says all kinds of poo poo but his fans are not going to go for "trump hosed up"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

thetan_guy42 posted:

hows everyones prepping? i installed the bidet attachment, got my machete (need buy gun), oximeter in the mail, pickling kit and were gonna start a raised bed garden that will be useless when the volcano comes. maybe ill grow mushrooms?

i bought a bunch of twinkies and have a sack of quarters ready to rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

No way this owns, wish it happened everywhere. There is no better time. Total leverage.