Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I just want to apologize to everyone who has been in the rona threads since the beginning in late Jan/early feb and who I probably insulted or something for lolling at this

because now all I can do is lol at this too

like lmao at that graph where 3000+ people die a day from this for a while month. hope since my state is already plagued reall hard(jersey) that it peaks and ends here earlier than everywhere else

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KaptainKrunk posted:

I think NYC will see peak deaths in mid-late April but the rest of the country should will pick up the slack and help maintain those numbers through probably the end of may or early June

When you say peak, do you think it will peak via herd immunity or do you think SIP will have dissipated it enough such it's no longer spreading? Because I think once SIP orders are done, there won't have been enough people infected such that infected masses from florida or w/e places that are still going on will still transfer it back and it'll take off again like wildfire.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1 day of new data and already this model doesn't seem believable

That peak will move to May and then we'll all be screaming for mercy at the end of April.

But it won't be over.

It's never over.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I was sad for a while, then anxious for a while, but now I'm just bored.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

kids are never going back to school, and will torture idiots who had kids but hate them forever

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Solarin posted:

gently caress it west coast, lets all join canada

West coast has way more people, so it's more like Canada joining us.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Salt Fish posted:

Talking with friends and family can be helpful in relieving boredom.

https://twitter.com/petti_crocker/status/1244747734957121541

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

https://www.hus.fi/potilaalle/Sivut/Koronavirus%20lukuina.aspx

number not go up in my district which is isolated from the rest of the country for two weeks at least.. are we going to make it? :confuoot:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

was there any reason the curve starts to flatten in that model or...

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

models won't show excess deaths from unavailable healthcare resources too, which be be another big killer in the next month

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"if we do everything perfectly and nobody else gets infected from this moment on we are only looking at 200k deaths" lol ok

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

what if instead of joining or reforming states

we

destroyed them

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

same, I'll probably go back to being sad in 12 hours, ad nauseam.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

BeefThief posted:

was there any reason the curve starts to flatten in that model or...

The projection on that model assumes a shelter in place style social distancing with a high rate of compliance. It's the one they were touting at the presser today that yielded "only" 100 - 240,000 deaths.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I think this one is a loss edit, but I’m not sure. They’re so abstract these days.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

When you say peak, do you think it will peak via herd immunity or do you think SIP will have dissipated it enough such it's no longer spreading? Because I think once SIP orders are done, there won't have been enough people infected such that infected masses from florida or w/e places that are still going on will still transfer it back and it'll take off again like wildfire.

I mean peak deaths per day. The NYC hospital system is basically at or over capacity right now, the ventilators aren't coming, and cases will probably increase for at least another week.

April is going to be insane because the economic distress is really going to hit home and start to unravel the house of cards and capitalists are going to put a ton of pressure on Trump and governors to silence Fauci and reopen things, for the media to move onto something else, and for hospitals to stop reporting deaths

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

1 day of new data and already this model doesn't seem believable

covid death projections gonna end up being the opposite of this poo poo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everybody will probably just shrug on to further humiliation in exchange for streaming entertainment credits

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

I think this one is a loss edit, but I’m not sure. They’re so abstract these days.

redo it to where he can't see her or be near her while she dies

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

kids are never going back to school, and will torture idiots who had kids but hate them forever

jealous of kids these days, they can play games all day & can threaten their parents with death by going out and getting coronavirus. they hold all the cards

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

https://www.hus.fi/potilaalle/Sivut/Koronavirus%20lukuina.aspx

number not go up in my district which is isolated from the rest of the country for two weeks at least.. are we going to make it? :confuoot:

also swedish prevention efforts are so dogshit that the government wants to lock down the western border properly, not even work traffic allowed anymore

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The projection on that model assumes a shelter in place style social distancing with a high rate of compliance. It's the one they were touting at the presser today that yielded "only" 100 - 240,000 deaths.

Is it not the case that most of the people who are going to die by mid-april are already infected today? Pretty sure without a national shelter in place and some enforcement this is going to drag out through June and kill like 5 million people in the US

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am beginning to be unnerved by no data out of Washington State for the last three days. Their excuse is that the system they have put in place for processing negative test data is so overtaxed that it's crashing, but FFS I gotta see that positive curve.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

trump is curing the disease this thread is slowing down :sad:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

if Italy is anything to go by it seems like cases peak 3 weeks after a fairly strict SIP 3 and deaths continue to climb for at least a month (so far) after as the doctors and nurses become infected.

So the model is probably bunk in the sense that while the general curve is accurate, it's probably only true for NYC and a select few other cities, and is still likely undershooting.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I read the last 5 pages very high (amazing CBD cookies that takes you away) and have had a great time.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1245019150545760256

chuds gonna kill themselves.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Homeless Friend posted:

jealous of kids these days, they can play games all day & can threaten their parents with death by going out and getting coronavirus. they hold all the cards

I never taught my kid to cook. Checkmate, my kid.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nonsense posted:

I know a stay at home parent/chud upset that they can't drink as much with their kids home from school and helping teach the 3rd grade arithmetic is too challenging.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

shuttling the worthy off this mortal coil, one of god's true soldiers

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Radirot posted:

I know a stay at home parent/chud upset that they can't drink as much with their kids home from school and helping teach the 3rd grade arithmetic is too challenging.

Part of the laws coming in here in Australia are that you can't buy more than two categories of booze in one trip. So beer + wine + spirits is two trips. People are losing their poo poo at this.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oh, new thread

before I forget: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Radirot posted:

Quit doxxing me. It's rough enough already.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i hope this weird sore throat goes away tomorrow

lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

juche avocado posted:

lol
:rip:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/INCIndia/status/1245244507471384577?s=20

Well this sounds like a total mess

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

juche avocado posted:

lol

I briefly had something like that for 3 days (no fever or anything) and it really made me just think deeply about death in a very real way

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fix posted:

I am beginning to be unnerved by no data out of Washington State for the last three days. Their excuse is that the system they have put in place for processing negative test data is so overtaxed that it's crashing, but FFS I gotta see that positive curve.

*just WA things*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Trump is 100% ordering everyone back to work starting May 1 and will likely threaten state governments to end SIP orders once the stock market loses another 20% this month

"just wear a mask bro like haha don't even breathe dude"