Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Unemployed Safe Cracker Update:

So my boss found a way to pick up my work vehicle a week after I was fired. My phone is also being recalled and he told me late last night that my final paycheck is going to be late because of internet issues. I don't believe him. All nineteen safe crackers are out of a job and will not be getting a last stand paycheck to cover rent. Most of us only had the work vehicle and phone for personal use as well as work so we are falling right though every safety net we could have had. We lost contact with a few of us we were trying to talk out of doing dumb poo poo involving safes. One of us tried to call two suicide hotlines and got a busy signal and gave up. I have been in Iraq on some very lovely days and never lacked the gallows humor to keep everyone going but this poo poo is so loving dark I lack the humor to even say how hosed we all are.

I managed to file for Unemployment in MD but because I moved here from Wisconsin last July they didn't have my previous salary in three of four quarters and sent me a letter saying I am entitled to ZERO dollars in unemployment. I can't even get past the busy signal to get though to the UI office to explain and hope they manage to contact Wisconsin in this madness in some kind of reasonable time. I filed my taxes last week and added a direct deposit for my refund but all this money and help I feel will arrive long after I end up on the street with all my safe cracking tools and really hoping future me doesn't decide to do something dumber than how this poo poo country handles this.

So at this point I can't do fuckall and job hunting during this is right on the line of impossible and dangerous. Ill be here in my apartment burning though my food stock waiting for either this to end and I can get a job or the police knocking on my door to walk my rear end out to the street. My Google Fi phone came in yesterday so I can still talk to some people before I fail to pay that bill. I highly doubt my story is exclusive to anyone for this month but I have the terrible twist of being a safe cracker veteran so the mental aspect has the true meaning of comedy to it.

But I saw a happy picture of a dog today and Jitters moves into my Animal Crossing town so it's not all bad.

Anyone know of a federal job in DC I should try applying for with US Army Infantryman, Alarm Tech, Safe Cracking and Repair, One eye and no car on a resume I have yet to even try to type up.

Drinkfist has issued a correction as of 12:03 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Leper's Colony is kicking off

balkanize the forums

coke
Jul 12, 2009
jesus christ guys i think i've just cracked pinged and somehow think trump was right about the cure is worse than the disease

no not because the rich is going to suffer, but because how lovely the capitalist system was before all this and the full shut down means collapse of healthcare system anyway and overall society because everything has been a charade

i do still hope we still get through this with minimal amount of life loss though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

im posting my cat because gently caress you virus

Your cat looks intense.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

coke posted:

jesus christ guys i think i've just cracked pinged and somehow think trump was right about the cure is worse than the disease

no not because the rich is going to suffer, but because how lovely the capitalist system was before all this and the full shut down means collapse of healthcare system anyway and overall society because everything has been a charade

i do still hope we still get through this with minimal amount of life loss though

Anxiety-driven doom posting is for night crew (mood changes caused by low light) we're switching to day crew now where we post tweets about dumb things politicians and public figures have said and done and type the word lol underneath.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The real pandemia is one of stupidity. Criminal, negligent stupidity that will get many people death.

coke
Jul 12, 2009
also to contribute to the thread

if you have a car and the space, buy a smart car battery charger/maintainer so you can leave it plugged in while keeping the battery in top shape forever
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ctek+car+battery+charger&

the 4.3amp one should be good enough while anything higher just means you can charge it faster in a pinch but not really necessary to maintain the battery

the ctek stuff is also the best one to get since it's plug in and forget

coke has issued a correction as of 12:14 on Apr 1, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A new week starts today

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

coke posted:

trump's often right for entirely the wrong reasons, the only reason there's going to be so much suffering in all of this is because we decided that reality is going to have to pry capitalism away from our cold dead hands

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr Hootington posted:

A new week starts today

sir

this is week 0

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

coke
Jul 12, 2009
lol imagine releasing two movies and only grossed 5k

Raiad posted:

trump's often right for entirely the wrong reasons, the only reason there's going to be so much suffering in all of this is because we decided that reality is going to have to pry capitalism away from our cold dead hands

yep and he didnt do poo poo to prepare for this when we saw the writings on the wall in january/feb so now we only have this lovely reality to look forward to

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Drinkfist posted:

Unemployed Safe Cracker Update:

Anyone know of a federal job in DC I should try applying for with US Army Infantryman, Alarm Tech, Safe Cracking and Repair, One eye and no car on a resume I have yet to even try to type up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

&

Are you a computer toucher at all? that would make a govie job easier to land, high demand. If not, maybe physical security?

https://www.google.com/search?q=dc+...QIpAAAAAA%3D%3D

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nooooooooooooo

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.015347v1

quote:

We found that SARS-CoV-2 replicates poorly in dogs, pigs, chickens, and ducks, but efficiently in ferrets and cats. We found that the virus transmits in cats via respiratory droplets.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

This is loving unreal.

Unbelievable.

Sonic topped the box office?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Woofer posted:

This is loving unreal.

Unbelievable.

Sonic topped the box office?

The very last box office hit is Sonic the Hedgehog.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

:rip: holywood

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

coke posted:

Buddy, do you think business as usual would have NOT collapsed the healthcare system?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*checks number*

hmm.

i guess i'll calmly close my blinds.

just gonna go ahead and lock my doors.

should probably get my snacks and go down to the basement for a bit to watch tv and play videogames

like every other morning

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I just want to apologize to everyone who has been in the rona threads since the beginning in late Jan/early feb and who I probably insulted or something for lolling at this

because now all I can do is lol at this too

like lmao at that graph where 3000+ people die a day from this for a while month. hope since my state is already plagued reall hard(jersey) that it peaks and ends here earlier than everywhere else

lol

I was anxious and panicked about the Roni but I’m definitely in the acceptance stage now. All I can do is lmao as a car with United States written on the side slow motions towards the edge of a cliff.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Shima Honnou posted:

history is going to judge us so harshly

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Shima Honnou posted:

Thank god Coronavirus hit just in time to make Onward a flop

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Buddy, do you think business as usual would have NOT collapsed the healthcare system?
you're right and i should've bolded the 'and' part

but now we also have insane amount of unemployment that just means no one can afford anything including healthcare now too

then again it probably would've happened anyway if poo poo ton of people dies and there's no one buying stuff anymore

lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

coke posted:

lol imagine releasing two movies and only grossed 5k

gently caress You Hollywood.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-sold-out-nearly-everywhere-amid-coronavirus-demand-surge-2020-3

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

coke posted:

but now we also have insane amount of unemployment that just means no one can afford anything including healthcare now too

then again it probably would've happened anyway if poo poo ton of people dies and there's no one buying stuff anymore

lol

Yeah, no matter how it's managed, a plague is not good for an economy

But if mismanaged, it can be extremely bad for an economy

The rest of 2020 is gonna be wild

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I love the internet

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

SorePotato posted:

Is this chest discomfort from slouching on the couch for three weeks, plague, or heart disease? Only time will tell

this this this

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

coke posted:

lol

If you get a ton of people dying then people will stay home anyway and things will be massively hosed up, expect they’d start staying home piecemeal in such a way that does jack poo poo for the infections from a population level, *and* would talk the economy.

Also that this apparently isn’t yet a wake up call to so many that employment-provided insurance in a deeply broken model in a modern world just kinda blows my mind in a way but also simultaneously not at all.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

imagine saying “unemployment insurance” like it’s not the dumbest loving microcosm of capitalism

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

So Bad Boys for Life is the number 1 movie of 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LimburgLimbo posted:

If you get a ton of people dying then people will stay home anyway and things will be massively hosed up, expect they’d start staying home piecemeal in such a way that does jack poo poo for the infections from a population level, *and* would talk the economy.

Also that this apparently isn’t yet a wake up call to so many that employment-provided insurance in a deeply broken model in a modern world just kinda blows my mind in a way but also simultaneously not at all.

Don't talk like history is over, people are going to have months of mass deaths to contemplate how broken the system is

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey pin guy can you make some of these and mail them to nz thanks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
At least Viktor Orban is using his new political power to steer Hungary through this crisis

https://twitter.com/viktoriaserdult/status/1245311043829665792?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Invisible Man made $125mil while costing $7mil

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Don't talk like history is over, people are going to have months of mass deaths to contemplate how broken the system is

Things may turn around for sure but there’s no guarantee it will and keep in mind that American are very, very dumb by and large.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

LimburgLimbo posted:

Things may turn around for sure but there’s no guarantee it will and keep in mind that American are very, very dumb by and large.

You say that like dumb people have never done revolutions before.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

Invisible Man made $125mil while costing $7mil

nobody saw it

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I am negative for COVID 19 so I guess I had a fever and shortness of breath because my body is a huge trash fire

sadly I am not going to die yet

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Woofer posted:

nobody saw it

a lot of moms paid 20 this week to watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Gripweed posted:

I love the internet

No cookie warning!, you can probably sue them.