Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

FistEnergy posted:

better until the resulting superhurricanes you mean

Those will reduce emissions even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why is there what appears to be a suburban subdivision immediately next to the core downtown area. Is this a Sim City game?

I think that's a picture of Houston and they have no zoning laws

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

there's really no point to do testing tbh

admit the people that need it, send home the ones that don't, assume everyone is positive

only thing that matters now are hospitalizations and icu capacity :smith:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

John Fetterman is the fuckin' best

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why is there what appears to be a suburban subdivision immediately next to the core downtown area. Is this a Sim City game?

It's Texas so yeah pretty much.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

What, are other cities arranged radially from highest building to lowest building starting at a mega skyscraper in the very center and terminating in a ring of single story suburban houses at the outskirts?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

FizFashizzle posted:

admit the people that need it, send home the ones that don't, assume everyone is positive

I do not agree. People live in families. If they are found positive, they know they have to isolate so the others members don't get it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

just lmao if the virus isn't your new god at this point in time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

John Fetterman is the fuckin' best

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1245346667550801922?s=20

and landlords are worried about what comes next

landlords are worried about what comes next

landlords are what comes next

:texas:

they should evict everyone and rent exclusively to all those job havers with enough income to pay rent who have been homeless up until now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1245351456145846275

Liz keeps on sending letters instead of actually doing something

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

how bored he got

How do you get bored in tyool 2020? There's books, movies, games, hobbies...oh, and the entire fuckin internet. Imagine if this had happened in the 80s or 70s, or any other decade where you didn't have everything the internet can offer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Isn't she like a Senator or something?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

She'll leave a mean Yelp review (2/5) for Uber if they don't give in to her demands.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I haven't seen her doing senator things and she's my senator.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I think that's a picture of Houston and they have no zoning laws

Something I always enjoyed on my daily commute home from the chemical plant while working in the Houston area was this one particular subdivision of fairly expensive looking McMansion type houses. On one side of it was a massive tank farm full of giant chemical tanks. On the other sides was a huge freeway. I would wonder to myself - who would possibly want to live in these houses? Also I wondered what the difference in price might between the houses with the tank farm view vs. the freeway view. I'm sure this was only one of many such subdivisions in the area. I'm glad I don't live in Houston anymore.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Gripweed posted:

only lobbyists get to make laws

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

no, snakes can’t hold public office

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

texas.jpg

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

magiccarpet posted:

telling your garbage kid that school is back on is the only acceptable april fools

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can’t go out so I’m playing GTA4 to enjoy living life in the big apple!!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Also in morning coronavirus news, Zoom is bad who could have seen this coming

https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/1245350371876315137

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

today my work has set up a temperature check station, which i can appreciate, but for some reason the entire management staff thought it was a good idea to stand at the station, in the way of people entering it, and give directions to the people coming in all while not wearing any ppe

man we suck at this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tei posted:

I do not agree. People live in families. If they are found positive, they know they have to isolate so the others members don't get it.

at this point, by the time they've tested positive, they've passed it on :smith:

i mean it's brutal yeah but the time for a widespread testing and isolation campaign was january 2020. it's now april 2032

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well, a second person at my wife's work has it. And they aren't shutting down or doing anything special. It's been nice knowing you goons because it's definitely going to end up in my household sooner rather than later.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Sir Tonk posted:

lol the pandemic thread is now monthly like the trump thread

which will come first, the last trump thread or the last pandemic thread?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Raiad posted:

today my work has set up a temperature check station, which i can appreciate, but for some reason the entire management staff thought it was a good idea to stand at the station, in the way of people entering it, and give directions to the people coming in all while not wearing any ppe

man we suck at this

ahhh...the meritocracy in action you love to see it

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
ER goon update: Yesterday was the first day the wheels really started to come off the bus. The patients that were the “worried well” last week that were sent home are coming in now deathly ill and emaciated, one patient I knew well, had lost 20lbs! We were a doc down yesterday due to illness and that really increased the workload on everyone else. Seeing about 85% covid positive or suspected positive in the ER now, our “clean” section has dwindled to like 4 beds.

Getting guidance not to code covid patients for very long because of risk of exposure to staff. That’s a hard thing as we like saving people in the ER, but we’re not getting back the ones who code anyway, there seems to be a subset of people that get a cardiomyopathy from this disease and it’s really hard to get those back when they code.

Saw so many covid patients we burned through several cases of gowns and now we’re back to just having gloves, old n95 and whatever eye protection people can bring in themself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

there seems to be a subset of people that get a cardiomyopathy from this disease and it’s really hard to get those back when they code.

what knid of cardiomyopathy

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably better to follow the example set by South Korea rather than somewhere bad like the US

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zyme posted:

Something I always enjoyed on my daily commute home from the chemical plant while working in the Houston area was this one particular subdivision of fairly expensive looking McMansion type houses. On one side of it was a massive tank farm full of giant chemical tanks. On the other sides was a huge freeway. I would wonder to myself - who would possibly want to live in these houses? Also I wondered what the difference in price might between the houses with the tank farm view vs. the freeway view. I'm sure this was only one of many such subdivisions in the area. I'm glad I don't live in Houston anymore.

The miracle having no zoning or city plan like Salt Lake City!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

alphabettitouretti posted:

How do you get bored in tyool 2020? There's books, movies, games, hobbies...oh, and the entire fuckin internet. Imagine if this had happened in the 80s or 70s, or any other decade where you didn't have everything the internet can offer.

Texting some of my friends/acquaintances has shown me that most people don't think like that. They're apparently climbing the walls being stuck at home. I'm sitting here jealous that even working from home they have time to do things. Apparently they get their thrills from going to another box to sit all day for work.

I would be doing a lot better at just flat out cooking if I could WFH. The hours at my current job just sap me for motivation to cook most week nights because it just sucks leaving at 6:30 and getting home at 5. I'd be a beast by the time this was over, just by being able to just chop vegetables, or put the crock pot on at noon, or what have you.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

i may have been beaten, but houston literally has no zoning code.

poo poo gets weird there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Probably better to follow the example set by South Korea rather than somewhere bad like the US

we're way past that point

i know this is grim but poo poo's hosed

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: Yesterday was the first day the wheels really started to come off the bus. The patients that were the “worried well” last week that were sent home are coming in now deathly ill and emaciated, one patient I knew well, had lost 20lbs! We were a doc down yesterday due to illness and that really increased the workload on everyone else. Seeing about 85% covid positive or suspected positive in the ER now, our “clean” section has dwindled to like 4 beds.

Getting guidance not to code covid patients for very long because of risk of exposure to staff. That’s a hard thing as we like saving people in the ER, but we’re not getting back the ones who code anyway, there seems to be a subset of people that get a cardiomyopathy from this disease and it’s really hard to get those back when they code.

Saw so many covid patients we burned through several cases of gowns and now we’re back to just having gloves, old n95 and whatever eye protection people can bring in themself.

:negative: oh my god this is a nightmare

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

he looks like this dude I used to work with that couldn't comprehend why he shouldn't bring guns to work. Spoiler the office had a bank in the lobby and a police department in the basement

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

FizFashizzle posted:

what knid of cardiomyopathy

asystole

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

I generally agree but a lot of policies and rules are being written around "exposure to a confirmed case" so not testing fucks over people who can't get access to stuff like 2 weeks off to quarentine because they can't prove that their spouse has it and poo poo like that. So they go to work and spread it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

alphabettitouretti posted:

:goonsay: