Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I actually like the new headline better in this one. Am I missing something obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

60 days from the start of hurricane season!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

alphabettitouretti posted:

How do you get bored in tyool 2020? There's books, movies, games, hobbies...oh, and the entire fuckin internet. Imagine if this had happened in the 80s or 70s, or any other decade where you didn't have everything the internet can offer.

When I was a kid in the eighties / nineties there were maybe 4-5 good games you'd consider buying in any given year, maybe 2-3 you'd actually buy because $50 was a lot more then than now, and you played that poo poo into the ground. Retailers kept high flying games on the shelves for years sometimes.

Now it's a constant flood of poo poo and something new comes out every twenty minutes and everything feels kind of disposable.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Foxrunsecurity posted:

So it's been a while since I was in the industry but iirc if you have Kaba Mas X09/X10 experience the GSA would fall all over themselves to get you since they have a billion of the things and they break constantly. Regular locksmiths are also worth a try they like getting a safe guy fairly often though I imagine they're not doing great at the moment either.

Well I know how to drill the Kabas but don't have a keydex for that series. I have been asking around for locksmith and safe companies and its good to know General Services Administration might hire as well but we are still in the ramp up stage of the virus and everyone is firing with no one hiring. I imagine it is that way for literally every other type of work out there bar grocery and amazon delivery.

Thanks for the links to the goon fund guys. I can feed myself as I stocked up on canned food quite heavily about three weeks before this kicked off. The only concern is what the loving world looks like after we come out of our homes and see every single small company dead and only major corporations that I loving hate to death still alive and hiring for poo poo work with no future and dead bottom wages.

That is the real question I can't figure out for the life of me. What does the other side of this look like with such a massive amount of unemployment and everyone being kicked out on the street. The federal government isn't gonna do poo poo to save us from the looks of it and Bernie is the only voice of reason in all of this but everyone is voting brain dead Biden to lose to Trump when he promises a massive public works project that is build the motherfucking wall for jobs. This country is loving doomed. I am gonna have to cross a border to find a real life after this if I want any hope of not spending the rest of my life in the struggle or in prison.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

we're way past that point

i know this is grim but poo poo's hosed

abandon ship!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Funion posted:

asystole

quote:

Cardiomyopathy (kahr-dee-o-my-OP-uh-thee) is a disease of the heart muscle that makes it harder for your heart to pump blood to the rest of your body.

oh good, covid kills your heart

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thoguh posted:

I generally agree but a lot of policies and rules are being written around "exposure to a confirmed case" so not testing fucks over people who can't get access to stuff like 2 weeks off to quarentine because they can't prove that their spouse has it and poo poo like that. So they go to work and spread it around.

yeah also the policies our leaders have implemented are going to get us killed but that problem requires a solution that's more...direct

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When I was a kid in the eighties / nineties there were maybe 4-5 good games you'd consider buying in any given year, maybe 2-3 you'd actually buy because $50 was a lot more then than now, and you played that poo poo into the ground. Retailers kept high flying games on the shelves for years sometimes.

Now it's a constant flood of poo poo and something new comes out every twenty minutes and everything feels kind of disposable.

Consumers. This is why there will never be a revolution.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

FizFashizzle posted:

what knid of cardiomyopathy

Not sure, seeing decreased contractility on ultrasound with a slight increase in troponin, no significant enlargement on chest X-ray. Patient usually has mild symptoms but tend to undergo ARDS and cardiovascular collapse quickly. Two of the four like this I’ve seen personally were late 20’s/early 30’s and otherwise healthy. Sorry I don’t have more details than that, once autopsies are done on more victims there should be a better understanding of the pathology.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Pollyanna posted:

the disease is death

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1245355247180091394?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

Not sure, seeing decreased contractility on ultrasound with a slight increase in troponin, no significant enlargement on chest X-ray. Patient usually has mild symptoms but tend to undergo ARDS and cardiovascular collapse quickly. Two of the four like this I’ve seen personally were late 20’s/early 30’s and otherwise healthy. Sorry I don’t have more details than that, once autopsies are done on more victims there should be a better understanding of the pathology.

fun time to remind goons that alcoholism also causes cardiomyopathy lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I actually like the new headline better in this one. Am I missing something obvious?

Nah it’s one of the extraordinarily rare cases of the New York Times improving a headline and not just by walking back some really horrible poo poo they said the first time around.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

can’t go out so I’m playing GTA4 to enjoy living life in the big apple!!!!

HEY COUSIN WANT TO GO BOWLING

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m just making my body a better home for corona-chan

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

I haven't had a drink since the first week of March and my blood pressure is way down and my resting pulse is like 50 now lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

60 days from the start of hurricane season!

Also the next FL love bug invasion!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I haven't had a drink since the first week of March and my blood pressure is way down and my resting pulse is like 50 now lmao

congrats but also :stonk:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Pollyanna posted:

I love your kitty kisses av picture with the single fang sticking out, it's just adorable. Carry on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fetterman rules lmao

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

That BPM is either really good or really bad.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

Also the next FL love bug invasion!

As a child that grew up in FLA as a transplant to GA my teachers put in Herbie the Love Bug as the first movie we saw when I moved to GA. The teacher asked us if we knew what a Love Bug was and I answered with 'those black and orange bugs that are everywhere and smell bad'. The teacher and all of the students looked at me like I was a full on crack addict that just murdered their grandmother and she said I was completely wrong and then went to explain WTF a Volkswagen bug was.

I learned from that point on never to answer in class again.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
there's no law that says the lieutenent-governor can't consume the sitting governor and assume his powers

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: Yesterday was the first day the wheels really started to come off the bus. The patients that were the “worried well” last week that were sent home are coming in now deathly ill and emaciated, one patient I knew well, had lost 20lbs! We were a doc down yesterday due to illness and that really increased the workload on everyone else. Seeing about 85% covid positive or suspected positive in the ER now, our “clean” section has dwindled to like 4 beds.

Getting guidance not to code covid patients for very long because of risk of exposure to staff. That’s a hard thing as we like saving people in the ER, but we’re not getting back the ones who code anyway, there seems to be a subset of people that get a cardiomyopathy from this disease and it’s really hard to get those back when they code.

Saw so many covid patients we burned through several cases of gowns and now we’re back to just having gloves, old n95 and whatever eye protection people can bring in themself.

Any thoughts on the speculation re: disruption of heme groups causing a lot of the signature findings?

https://twitter.com/yishan/status/1244717172871409666

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Also in morning coronavirus news, Zoom is bad who could have seen this coming

https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/1245350371876315137

Lol, zoom blowing up in popularity is gonna force them to patch out their NSA back doors

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My parents live in Florida and my father tried to get the community pool of the condo complex closed, but the board won't do it because they "don't have too" since the state hasn't ordered them too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/hannahmeisel/status/1245358309454032899

cool, great

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

there's gonna be a lot of open positions folks, a real land of opportunity

This is a fun thought experiment. What might be some unexpected effects of the upcoming megadeath?
Less traffic
Temporary increased supply/decreased price of yeezys
Shorter porta potty lines at music festivals
No more music festivals
Less seats, more leg room on airplanes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

cronaoravirus has blasted my balls into oblvion

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

OhFunny posted:

My parents live in Florida and my father tried to get the community pool of the condo complex closed, but the board won't do it because they "don't have too" since the state hasn't ordered them too.

Land of "Don't tell me what to do," also the land of "I won't until you tell me I have to."

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

of course the NYT and its little roach hacks are now pulling the grudging admiration bit for trump lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Epic High Five posted:

Lol, zoom blowing up in popularity is gonna force them to patch out their NSA back doors

did you see the thing yesterday about how their "end-to-end" encryption is only "end-to-end" by their own lovely definition of "end-to-end"? they have everyone's unencrypted video sitting on their servers

i think that's how it works i'm not a computer toucher

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a_pineapple posted:

This is a fun thought experiment. What might be some unexpected effects of the upcoming megadeath?
Less traffic
No more music festivals

massive housing crash that leads to me setting up pet island stronghold in the hills of west virginia upon thousands of acres.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OhFunny posted:

Tell them that it’s going to be racially integrated.

It is a historical fact that they will fill it with dirt before letting a black kid swim in it.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

a_pineapple posted:

Less traffic
No more music festivals

the airlines will run fewer flights to get them full before retrofitting aircraft to provide more leg space.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

OhFunny posted:

time to poo poo in the pool

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1245346667550801922?s=20

and landlords are worried about what comes next

landlords are worried about what comes next

landlords are what comes next

:texas:

come may 1st, many a cowboy hat gonna hit the ground in texas

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spoondick posted:

time to poo poo in the pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

alphabettitouretti posted:

How do you get bored in tyool 2020? There's books, movies, games, hobbies...oh, and the entire fuckin internet. Imagine if this had happened in the 80s or 70s, or any other decade where you didn't have everything the internet can offer.

Life in 2020 is like a Netflix simulation. There are so many choices that you just scroll through your normal apps before you settle on the old faithful: beating off.