Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Schnorkles posted:

that one picture where the dude is struggling to figure out which button to push and one says:

1,000,000 ventilators during an influenza pandemic

and the other says:

1 F-35

schnorkles would press the 1 f-35 like the plane cuck he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cool ventilator Elon

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

And Leon's getting laaarger!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

??????
??

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

every country will under report even if they're really trying not to; reporting accurate up-to-date information would consume resources that could be used to protect life. obviously every country wants to under report for propaganda purposes but there's definitely not going to be a country sacrificing lives to report accurate info

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

we human sucks

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Well I was skeptical at first to be honest, but we are only 850 deaths away from hitting 5,000 by tonight and that confirms the 3 day doubling rate...

So perhaps it will be 10,000 by Saturday night.

that's been my assumption

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
we do suck

source: a cartoon plane on the internet

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol we're almost at 200,000 cases

time for more weed

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Thoguh posted:

When you reach the peak you still have to go down the other side.

Peak is several months away, mark it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

kaleedity posted:

every country will under report even if they're really trying not to; reporting accurate up-to-date information would consume resources that could be used to protect life. obviously every country wants to under report for propaganda purposes but there's definitely not going to be a country sacrificing lives to report accurate info

it's being nefarious when the Chinaman does it, but it's just due to market forces when good, capitalistic Western countries dramatically under-test and under-report.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Basic Poster posted:

Lol, musk bought a bunch of cheap cpaps and those are his "ventilator" donations.

https://twitter.com/evdefender/status/1245254459380445185

drat, musk early with the april fools

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

kaleedity posted:

there's not enough testing or accurate enough testing to actually know what the scale of the pandemic is

it will take years. We should probably be including any ILI like deaths in their own category of potential coronavirus deaths right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe people who purchase rental properties should use mortgages to do so and the also contract with a third party “management company”

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Knight posted:

"Thanks Grandma"
<tries to smile while holding DVD copy of Atlantic Rim>
"Just what I wanted"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Someone please tweet at Elon asking why he donated lovely CPAP machines instead of ventilators and then link the thread.

Also be prepared to be called bad words.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

i guess you gotta hand it to musk for the ultimate april fools

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
elon is probably going to call someone a pedophile today at least

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Atlantic Rim-Job

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

brugroffil posted:

hahaha holy poo poo that's absolutely just a CPAP machine

https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea/cpap-products/cpap-equipment-the-complete-system/

This company does make ventilators! But that ain't it.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed-s9-escape-cpap-machine

these are old machines that cost about 750 dollars when they were the new, best thing about 10 years ago

thank you hero elon musk for your donation of, at absolute most, 30 grand worth of cpaps

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Gringostar posted:

this is good news!

for death crew

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Basic Poster posted:

Lol, musk bought a bunch of cheap cpaps and those are his "ventilator" donations.

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did they print out and tape Tesla signs on the boxes ?

lmao

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if your cpap machine doesn't work like a ventilator you're probably a pedophile

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Iron Crowned posted:

Why did he have CPAP machines on hand?

He tweeted he bought 'em from China.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

wonton negligence u say? certainly sounds like china is involved

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

ecofascism through anime

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boxman posted:

He tweeted he bought 'em from China.

For some reason I thought he had them in storage for some reason.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So it looks like they're going to test a random sample of 5000 people in Prague to see what the actual infection rate is, probably next week. This should be very interesting, knowing what the infection and hospitalization rates would be very important for accurately modeling the various scenarios. I'm guessing the infection rate would be of course higher than what the currently known cases suggest, but still pretty low. Even if we assume it's 100% in northern Italy, here it'd have to be like 10% to explain the much lower deaths (unless BCG or something else explains it).

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1245384015533821953?s=21

Daily death toll still high in Italy, but off its peak.

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1245386941111164935?s=21

No good news from New York unfortunately.

edit: I think it’s very likely the USA crosses 5,000 total deaths today and sees 1,000+ deaths in the last 24hrs.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
elon musk: here have some ventilators because i am a selfless billionaire who thinks of others before himself

also elon: GOT U!! APRIL FOOLS!!! THEY ARENT VENTILATORS AT ALL! LMAO I AM ACTUALLY A PARASITE ON SOCIETY I GOT U SO GOOD LOOOOOL

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My big april fools joke was saying biden had suspended. he has not.

we just crossed 200k

gregday
May 23, 2003

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Can we safely like double those numbers tho

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Where’d the thread title come from? I want to steal it later.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
if US is gonna be like Italy, then Florida is going to be like Spain or even worse given the comparable situation there of tightly packed retiree communities

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

10k dead by Saturday stalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Basic Poster posted:

my brain is cracking and pinging like gently caress at trying to piece together all of this, like how it happened, how someone could be thanking musk, are those people just administrators just cosplaying as doctors? etc.