Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

we're all chuds now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Edit: Beaten so badly.

Failson has issued a correction as of 21:58 on Apr 1, 2020

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

sorry if my snipe is TOO REAL for ya

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the republicans will probably try to cancel the election if it looks like trump will lose and they can't fix it, and they absolutely will cancel it if it looks like the dems are going to win both house and senate

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm pretty sure the police are in fact capable of arresting and locking up thousands of people. we have more practice in this country than anywhere else in the world

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
So what will happen once all the life insurance companies declare bankruptcy?

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Dustcat posted:

the republicans will probably try to cancel the election if it looks like trump will lose and they can't fix it, and they absolutely will cancel it if it looks like the dems are going to win both house and senate

well no need to worry there

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Harton posted:

If you can refinance do it.

really wishing i had done this before poo poo got real

i wanted to roll all my debt into the house to reduce monthly payments, now it is probably too late

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Dustcat posted:

the democRATs can't win the house and senate. they can only STEAL it from real amerivans

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nodelphi posted:

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the flag

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sum posted:

The number #1 bioweapon strategy is to have it almost exclusively kill the elderly and infirm, and also to forget to develop a vaccine for it so it affects your country precisely as badly as the enemy's

thats why bcg protected russia created it and smuggled it into china to spread to europe and usa, taking out its three major competitors

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ebola Roulette posted:

Italy is also dark orange and as far as I know (I'm always wrong so feel free) I haven't heard much about kids dying there. Mostly olds.

I think the likeliest explanation is that the US has worse healthcare than many third world countries. And that's when we're not in the middle of a pandemic.

as of a couple of days ago there were only a few dead young people in Italy

there was a 12 year old in Belgium the other day, and a 13 year old in the UK (who was not vaccinated)

so far it seems that younger people are immune to it, not only in BCG-vaccinated countries. This probably has to do with the fact that children have few or no ACE2 receptors (where the virus attaches), and these increase with age. Over all there have only been a handful of people under 30 dying in the world, I think, so I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from that. But I pasted that paper earlier nevertheless because it is a possibly a factor.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Some scientist claims they have a cure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV-nWT2VLuI

Would still be like a year of testing and manufacture and distribution

At the end of this, she asks him who is gonna pay for the testing and he says he's asking the government to fund Phase 2 study.

:rip: coronavirus cure

You ain't a bank or an insurance company; you ain't getting a blank check.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

juche avocado posted:

we're all chuds now

in the dope show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dustcat posted:

if it looks like the dems are going to win

Good news, the elections will definitely happen

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol yeah I love that it's up to the businesses to claim they're essential. I work in the steel industry and we definitely aren't building hospitals or anything that could be remotely considered "essential" during this crisis but our office just handed out little laminated cards to everyone with our names on them claiming that we are deemed essential and can ignore any future quarantines.

I mean, it's not such a big deal from me because my direct supervisor isn't a loving moron and he's put our team on wfh, but no one can convince the chuds at the top to do the same for the warehouse

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

twoday's descent into deranged BCG trutherism is an underrated high point of this thread

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Acelerion posted:

I want to see states calling up militias to enforce border controls. The great Georgia-Florida war of 2020

Theres a mandatory 14 day quarantine in place now for any out-of-state visitor to Kentucky now as well as any Kentuckian who leaves the state for even like 5 minutes now.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Nodelphi posted:

we'll find out the policies were all securitized and held by retirement plans that are now also bankrupt

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1245423100222554114?s=20

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

ugh for a country with no democrats, all replaced by ideological clones of rashida tlaib &c

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

At the end of this, she asks him who is gonna pay for the testing and he says he's asking the government to fund Phase 2 study.

:rip: coronavirus cure

You ain't a bank or an insurance company; you ain't getting a blank check.

we've done a whole hell of a lot of cool things in phase 1 trials that fall apart in phase 2 and phase 3 because surprise, they don't actually do that in a real population

journalism interacting with pharma development is always stupid i fear.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

twoday
May 4, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

thats why bcg protected russia created it and smuggled it into china to spread to europe and usa, taking out its three major competitors

russia, whose economy is based largely on the oil trade, is absolutely thriving in this situation where nobody is consuming oil

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i've refused to move out of the pacific northwest because i prefer the climate and i'm feeling pretty fortunate that this has resulted in me living in one of the better states

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

2DCAT posted:

im beginning to think that my healing crystals do nothing against covid19

did you shove them up your rear end? cuz they've been working fine for me.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

twoday
May 4, 2005

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dixville posted:

Well I'd like to think medical professionals aren't into eugenics as they dedicate their lives to saving people but I guess there can always be a few bad apples. Kind of scary to think about. Up to now the only triage I've heard of has been not choosing to put really old people on ventilators since they are not likely to ever get off of them. But I'm sure plenty of tricky decisions are being made and will be even more as time goes on. With probably not a lot of oversight. It's just up to the doctors and other health care personnel. Huh

Some state guidelines use retardation as a disqualifier for ventilation.

quote:

Some state plans make clear that people with cognitive issues are a lower priority for lifesaving treatment. For instance, Alabama’s plan says that “persons with severe mental retardation, advanced dementia or severe traumatic brain injury may be poor candidates for ventilator support.” Another part says that “persons with severe or profound mental retardation, moderate to severe dementia, or catastrophic neurological complications such as persistent vegetative state are unlikely candidates for ventilator support.”
It all comes down to definitions. Does "severe" or "profound" have a medical definition, or is it a judgment call by the individual HCP?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

twoday
May 4, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

twoday's descent into deranged BCG trutherism is an underrated high point of this thread

do you even read the esteemed academic journal Science

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

this would be worth buying if it had good whitespace removal

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

twoday posted:

do you even read the esteemed academic journal Science

tbf theres a bunch of work being done with tb vaccinations of various types rn, its not just bcg

I'm more just poking fun~

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh my god is he loving really?

On the 23rd he told my rear end to stay home. TIME FOR THE REST OF GEORGIA TO STAY THE gently caress IN.

vote fluffy bunnies 2021

Yeah I watched it live on TV he literally said he just found out last night an asymptomatic person can spread it. A reporter asked him about it and he differed the question to the director of the department of health lady and she stammered through it he's also closing the schools for the rest of the year

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/gov-kemp-give-update-state-response-coronavirus-crisis/T2JKSNBA2BGQNOGOTQ7Z75S5BI/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"get rekt n000b" - XXXweedXbonerXhitlerX420XXX

is a social pastime