Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

juche avocado posted:

we're all chuds now

NofrikinfuN posted:

in the dope show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Some state guidelines use retardation as a disqualifier for ventilation.

It all comes down to definitions. Does "severe" or "profound" have a medical definition, or is it a judgment call by the individual HCP?

they look at your voter registration and if they see a D then you qualify as severe and profound

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

juche avocado posted:

this would be worth buying if it had good whitespace removal

statements also true about the post-american hellscape

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

i've refused to move out of the pacific northwest because i prefer the climate and i'm feeling pretty fortunate that this has resulted in me living in one of the better states

Also tornadoes are rare, and usually weak!

... I am afraid of tornadoes.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/DanielleB104/status/1245186965101780999

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
And the tornado sirens here sound like they've been going off for like 40 minutes but the weather is perfect. It's Wednesday so they normally test them on Wednesday but I thought the last Wednesday so lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Schnorkles posted:

tbf theres a bunch of work being done with tb vaccinations of various types rn, its not just bcg

I'm more just poking fun~

Yeah but they are all derived from BCG and fall into my theory. India and Germany are doing clinical trials with some patented DNA-altered BCG derivatives and there was an op-ed yesterday by some British scientist who said his version was more effective, and I think these will get a lot of attention because the old one has no patent and is difficult to make money off of, so investors will be more interested in the new versions. But if my original theory is correct, the Moscow, Tokyo and Moreau strains are most effective because evolutionary early strains seem to trigger less cytokine reaction and thus would be more likely to prevent cytokine storm than these later variants

But yeah you're right, I have become some total whacko about promoting this and do increasingly actually believe my own hypothesis. It does explain a lot! I have sources!!! SOURCES!!!

twoday has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Apr 1, 2020

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how could no one have seen this coming.

https://twitter.com/bradschrade/status/1245451739597242373

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1245270549514911744?s=19

The former Prime Minister of Sweden has some thoughts.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

47 holy poo poo

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Why won't it rain? Ugh. I just want some pleasant pit patter on the roof while I eat my stew and play Animal Crossing. Quarantine is so much easier when it rains.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1245458786791370754

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

they left for this cruise March 7th

sorry, but lol

(save the crew members)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/collapseposts/status/1245314203969359873?s=21

spoiler alert they all are going to ICE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why won't it rain? Ugh. I just want some pleasant pit patter on the roof while I eat my stew and play Animal Crossing. Quarantine is so much easier when it rains.

that game looks kind of boring and has almost nothing I really enjoyed from Stardew, but I feel like I'm going to end up getting it anyway in the end simply because it's something that is otherwise perfect for this moment

very strange

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

is she related to pat toomey?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/dappergentleman/status/1245338256763428864

what

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

lol ur gonna need a whole lot more than that soon

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

jesus.... KILLS

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/rwpusa/status/1245416525294710790?s=21

People like Nunes are why the worst is yet to come.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

my bony fealty posted:

they look at your voter registration and if they see a D then you qualify as severe and profound
Ask if barbecue is made from pork, beef, mutton, or chicken, and triage appropriately.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

People are off the roads for one thing

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that week being so low is weird but everybody being in means way fewer car crashes and poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/brittcoorpender/status/1245107444872654849?s=21

Sephora fired all their part-time employees over Zoom

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

why are we punishing success of this young entrepreneur

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah that's my rationale for why bioweapon stuff is nonsense, this virus would make an absolutely terrible and uncontrollable weapon.

For some fun history back in the heyday of the cold war they were designing all kinds of things beyond hydrogen bombs. We've all heard of neutron bombs which are meant to destroy life with a blast of neutrons but limit the explosive nature of the bomb to keep buildings intact (perfect for invading a country and wiping out the people but saving the factories to use yourself). Well there was another bomb of that type they designed but never built, the cobalt bomb: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb This thing was purposefully designed to end all life on a planet, period. It throws up an enormous cloud of highly radioactive fallout that poisons all the plants and slowly destroys the world. The never built it because, holy gently caress why would you build a weapon like that.

my fave coldwar project was this Dr Strangelove madness. They are pretty sure Russia was testing something similar in that crash last year:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a28690053/russia-nuclear-powered-missile-skyfall/

quote:

The United States tried to develop a nuclear-powered cruise missile in the 1950s and 1960s but abandoned the project as impractical. The weapon was known as Supersonic Low Altitude Missile, or SLAM, and it would have been the most dangerous nuclear weapon ever made.

The missile would fly unusually low for a missile of its time, just 1,000 feet, to avoid enemy radars. The supersonic shockwave was projected to leave a trail of devastation, flattening forests, buildings, and killing anyone in the missile's flight path.

SLAM, despite being advertised as a missile, was actually more like an unmanned bomber. Instead of a single warhead, it carried up to 26 hydrogen bombs, each hundreds of times more powerful than the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. SLAM could fly a predetermined route over an enemy country or even continent, ejecting H-bombs on targets below. Once out of bombs SLAM would fly one last mission, running into a final target that would shower the target zone with lethal radioactivity.

I heard a version of the story (Project Pluto) where they contracted a company specializing in ceramics to design the reactor manifold because steel kept melting, the Coors Porcelain Company. After this project they stopped military contracts to focus on their pet project, brewing beer.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TheWeepingHorse posted:

People are off the roads for one thing

ah yeah

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

that game looks kind of boring and has almost nothing I really enjoyed from Stardew, but I feel like I'm going to end up getting it anyway in the end simply because it's something that is otherwise perfect for this moment

very strange

Animal Crossing is going to be the first video game in actual genuine history books we give to schoolkids about this time just because its had such a perfectly timed breakout moment.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i could see it, a lot of americans aren't doing the the stupid poo poo that makes them die and the virus is just getting started

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

twoday posted:

(dark oange means no BCG vaccine given to children)

https://ghresearch.org/covid-19/could-bcg-vaccination-revaccination-protect-against-sars-cov2-disease/

I don't think that many kids in the US are dying, are they?

What does purple mean? I spent ages 0 through 7 in NZ and Australia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
kids

Over Easy posted:

March felt about 1000 days long and it was only really hosed up for half the month

April is turbofucked so it is gonna be long as the dickens

its only been 4 week since the dems ratfucked bernie

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

hi everyone, work is hell right now and I'm also tempted to not really give it my all because market volatility = will I have a job in three to six months

signed up for more Bernie calls, not that I know whether it matters

what's your pandemic food

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raiad posted:

i could see it, a lot of americans aren't doing the the stupid poo poo that makes them die and the virus is just getting started

people slowed down on shooting each other in chicago

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

Doc Fission posted:

what's your pandemic food

beans

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

got any sevens posted:

kids

its only been 4 week since the dems ratfucked bernie

The distance between Iowa and the ratfucking is the same as the distance between the ratfucking and nowm

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What does purple mean? I spent ages 0 through 7 in NZ and Australia.

purple means that there was formerly a universal BCG policy, but in Spain for instance this only lasted 15 years, and in France and the UK it was only administered later in life

quote:

Australia: BCG is not part of routine vaccination
New Zealand: BCG Immunisation first introduced for 13 yr olds 1948. Vaccination phased out 1963-1990

I'm guessing Australia had it briefly after the war

twoday has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Forgot to mention my pandemic food. It's Filipinx sardines and herring with rice. As long as I have some of each I probably won't die immediately, just in the farther future from increased sodium intake