Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/kemp-deploys-national-guard-help-nursing-homes-battle-virus/C3U1Y2sruwohhpw3FSVuoO/

Kemp is sending the National Guard to the infected nursing facilities. I can see in no way this can go wrong

I think almost 10% of the cases in Iowa are in one single nursing home. That's gotta be a terrifying place right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the problem with the ventilators was that they had been sitting around long enough that all the lead acid batteries had died

easy enough to fix but just another sad indication that when america sends people out to do things, we're not sending our best

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

My cat just went into the kitchen to grab a weapon he's so upset by this. What are you doing kitty?! No!!

I like your cat

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

finally settling into a pandemic routine, animal crossing helps. my cat is the best quarantine pal i could possibly have. It's still hellworld though. And I'm not looking forward to seeing how it develops further!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

[COVID-19 April] The Space Between Frightening and Blunder

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Homeless Friend posted:

I'll order the body bags

Fed gonna outbid you :smith:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

It's been a rough month this April

gonna quote this post on april 30th and just cry

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

peepsalot posted:

post your new fave apolalypse songs itt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdUfAE5Rz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXui9WnDy8

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/kemp-deploys-national-guard-help-nursing-homes-battle-virus/C3U1Y2sruwohhpw3FSVuoO/

Kemp is sending the National Guard to the infected nursing facilities. I can see in no way this can go wrong

I don't understand the point. Send them around to do health audits and scold the extremely understaffed employees for not practicing good infectious disease protocols with what is assuredly no supplies?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
shoot them for their ventilatorz

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

facetoucher cat posted:

he finally issued a state-wide shelter in place order. we've had one in athens for 2 weeks, but our fatality rate is 13%!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I desperately needed a haircut so I used my husband's clippers with the highest guard on them. I already had an old lady short hair style before this, so I didn't think it would be that bad, but it turns out with shorter hair that I look exactly like a chimpanzee. lol I owned myself

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

peepsalot posted:

(turn yr volume down)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5SkcwHykU0

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

peepsalot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8HZ6X20Og

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

Fed gonna outbid you :smith:

Wedding bags are very similar and will also work imo

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

nikosoft posted:

I desperately needed a haircut so I used my husband's clippers with the highest guard on them. I already had an old lady short hair style before this, so I didn't think it would be that bad, but it turns out with shorter hair that I look exactly like a chimpanzee. lol I owned myself

Shave it bald then.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

GOD IS BED posted:

Had a couple customers roll their eyes at my facemask today. One of them told me that Rush Limbaugh says the recovered cases are very high, so it's all overblown! Retail has always sucked, but it's even worse knowing every one of these dipshits could be the one to infect me.

say something like “yeah no, I totally agree. but management made me put it on after I told them I felt a little feverish and kept coughing. good thing it’s no big deal!”

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

nikosoft posted:

Cutting your own hair is not as easy as you'd think. I usually end up with some strands in the back that I miss and just don't care because nothing matters.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nikosoft posted:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

shovelbum posted:

Most people come within 20 feet of where an outdoor cat has been in the past several hours daily lol

drat now I have to gun down all the cats AND pangolins that wander on to my property

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

No, that well known lawyer pulled through after a week of intubation, so if they were looking at usefulness to society they'd have just smothered him

He's more of a blogger than a lawyer.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

that's exactly what it sounds like rn as I post from my hammock, shirtless w/ beer in hand :cheers:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

nikosoft posted:

go shorter

full Furiosa

it's also more hygienic hair can trap a lot of suspended particles

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Took an exploratory walk through "the covid threat is overblown, the government is loving us and destroying the economy on purpose, gently caress you I'm smarter than you and I do what I want" twitter tonight and, folks, it is lit.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nikosoft posted:

I'm going to be resigned to growing a massive white guy afro over the next few months.

Make 70s style hair great again!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GOD IS BED posted:

Had a couple customers roll their eyes at my facemask today. One of them told me that Rush Limbaugh says the recovered cases are very high, so it's all overblown! Retail has always sucked, but it's even worse knowing every one of these dipshits could be the one to infect me.

cough in response

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

nikosoft posted:

lmao this cheered me up thanks

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Bruteman posted:

Took an exploratory walk through "the covid threat is overblown, the government is loving us and destroying the economy on purpose, gently caress you I'm smarter than you and I do what I want" twitter tonight and, folks, it is lit.

please post your most significant findings itt

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

finally settling into a pandemic routine, animal crossing helps. my cat is the best quarantine pal i could possibly have. It's still hellworld though. And I'm not looking forward to seeing how it develops further!

I wish I could play animal crossing. Not really sure what u do but it sounds cool

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peepsalot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdUfAE5Rz8

Been listening to my COVID-19 EP on repeat for the last 3 days lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nikosoft posted:

lmao

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

MoaM posted:

(turn yr volume down)
you can't tell me what to do :unsmigghh:

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
the power is out across half of town. line of cars at the gas station. darkness blanketing everything, smothering conpletely the eerie silence that’s been hanging around. what the gently caress is goi g on

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
It is kind of fun to touch my head now, I keep stroking the top of my head. It feels like petting a cat! :3:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

that's exactly what it sounds like rn as I post from my hammock, shirtless w/ beer in hand :cheers:

Awesome. And it startled my cat lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

motherfuckers lettin off fireworks here lmao, why not I guess

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

nikosoft posted:

hahahahaha

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

new kind of cat posted:

the power is out across half of town. line of cars at the gas station. darkness blanketing everything, smothering conpletely the eerie silence that’s been hanging around. what the gently caress is goi g on

I loving called power outages and getting a generator and everyone laughed at me. Looks like the tables have turned

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

Where you live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

I wish I could play animal crossing. Not really sure what u do but it sounds cool

you just vibe