Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Man posted:

God loving damnit. I have beans, rice, frozen food, a garden, weapons, ammunition, a generator, fuel, piles of drugs and booze, and infinite birth control

But I don't have loving animal crossing

Fml

you can just like, buy it on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

/upstairs neighbor sneezes off their patio

For real. My building is super old, probably average age of 70s. Some lady was hacking on her balcony for while yesterday while I was trying to walk around the compound.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nah this one's better because the roni hasn't swept DC yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq_NVi-TC4

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
BITCH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56u6g0POvo0

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thesaurus posted:

Has anyone tried to call it the Manhattan virus or something? A lot of folks seem fixated on it just being a "big crowded ethnic city" problem.

The manchurian candidate meets the manhattan project

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1245506272700649472?s=19

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Why are people buying guns lmao. This is America, where we have, no joke, 120 guns for every 100 people. If things get bad enough where its time to start shooting your neighbors for the last can of beans then theres going to be plenty of guns laying around to pick up

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

America is a one party state and Lenin was right

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

just setting up his 2024 run for president

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

someone on twitter did the math earlier and if he had bought them all at their current full price, then he would have spent nearly exactly $1M. i'd bet he got them at like half price and only decided to donate $500k
here it is:
https://twitter.com/evdefender/status/1245288438728966146

because it's a 5 year old discontinued product, it's current msrp is now $797/cpap machine. musk bought and donated 1255 of them, if he paid full msrp for them, he wouldve spent $1,000,235. and there's no way he didn't get a massive bulk discount, lol. he basically did a here's $10 to gently caress off to the entirety of the US with worthless cpap machines

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao this country never fails to entertain

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Why are people buying guns lmao. This is America, where we have, no joke, 120 guns for every 100 people. If things get bad enough where it’s time to start shooting your neighbors for the last can of beans then there’s going to be plenty of guns laying around to pick up

Who said anything about shooting our neighbors for a can of beans?

If this thing gets bad enough your neighbors will be shooting you just 'cuz you're brown or Asian or whatever else they don't like.

Good luck defending yourself without one.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol meanwhile

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1245528888958165001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Son of Man posted:

God loving damnit. I have beans, rice, frozen food, a garden, weapons, ammunition, a generator, fuel, piles of drugs and booze, and infinite birth control

But I don't have loving animal crossing

Fml

"infinite birth control" is a weird way to say "a somethingawful account" but I'm here for it

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

fermun posted:

because it's a 5 year old discontinued product, it's current msrp is now $797/cpap machine. musk bought and donated 1255 of them, if he paid full msrp for them, he wouldve spent $1,000,235. and there's no way he didn't get a massive bulk discount, lol. he basically did a here's $10 to gently caress off to the entirety of the US with worthless cpap machines

he's an amazing business man and technological genius and u r just jealooz.

:colbert:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

"infinite birth control" is a weird way to say "a somethingawful account" but I'm here for it

Hahaha

I got a vasectomy like 3 months ago, godlike timing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
what 80's film had the closest prediction to 2020 of civilization's downfall

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
lmao if you're a leftist without a gun

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://youtu.be/P5E6RTDA7oc

Gary numans last album was pretty apropos

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

D1E posted:

If this thing gets bad enough your neighbors will be shooting you just 'cuz you're brown or Asian or whatever else they don't like.

Ill stun them with the $10 pink taser I got from amazon and take their gun. Its like a video game man, you just upgrade as you go

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

got any sevens posted:

A boy and his dog but replace his quest to get laid with a quest for beans

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"Ok, I've got an idea. This one's a great idea. One of the best. People will say, 'sir, that was -that was a great idea. Sir I haven't seen an idea-haver like you before.' They'll say that. The idea - folks, I remember an idea I had that they didn't like, it was called, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, yea, you all remember that one, right? - the idea....we have all these sick people. They're sick - not sick like Schumer sick, or Pelosi sick.no, sick in the bodies, not sick in the MIND - so these sick people, there's a lot of them. People are saying, what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? They're saying to me....well, we have these programs, they're usually just for some people, called Medicare....the Democrats wanted to cut it, but I said no! I said, maybe we can open that up. We can call it 'Medicare but for ALL'?'

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Why are people buying guns lmao. This is America, where we have, no joke, 120 guns for every 100 people. If things get bad enough where its time to start shooting your neighbors for the last can of beans then theres going to be plenty of guns laying around to pick up

This made me think of the early versions of counter-strike where guns wouldn't go away at the end of the round and so there was just an armory at your feet

I was a gun toting commie before the instant crisis. Hopefully we will maintain some nonviolent civility during this crisis but I live in a chud state so yeah id feel better armed when our ineffectual state and local governments check the gently caress out

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MoaM posted:

I really, really, don't understand the disdain / fear over masks in North American public spaces (when sick).

It's one of those pet peeves of the Valiant and Honorable Common Citizen that goes over my head.

facial expressions matter a lot for communication, thats why i dislike seeing everyone wear masks (normally. people who still roll their eyes at you now are dumb jerks)

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Dog Toothbrush posted:

lmao if you're a leftist without a gun

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

got any sevens posted:

facial expressions matter a lot for communication, thats why i dislike seeing everyone wear masks (normally. people who still roll their eyes at you now are dumb jerks)

Research has shown that it's psychologically easier to kill another human if he's wearing a mask

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

https://twitter.com/DrBillFisher/status/1245415106835513344

https://twitter.com/JasonHornbuckle/status/1245417923323269122

fun thread.

https://twitter.com/JasonHornbuckle/status/1245408004574523392

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
https://twitter.com/russ1mitchell/status/1245502083463176193

lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

got any sevens posted:

The Bronx warrior

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

D1E posted:

You're more likely to kill yourself with a gun than have to use it to fight off starving neighbors.

Get real.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Australia just announced free child care.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thesaurus posted:

Has anyone tried to call it the Manhattan virus or something? A lot of folks seem fixated on it just being a "big crowded ethnic city" problem.

To be fair it should be the city that gets hit the worst. Every place in America has terrible health care, but NYC is one of the small handful of places with a lot of train commuters and is notorious for bad delays and jammed platforms/train cars

I expected Tokyo to be even worse than NYC for the same reasons (transit+density) but NYC to be way worse than Chicago or DC or SF

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

pot still not legalized when the world's going to poo poo, lmao what spiteful pricks

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol itll be just like unreal tournament

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

got any sevens posted:

Not 80s but I still think Demolition Man is the closest for post-corona. No toilet paper, no physical touching, hardcore surveillance state. President Schwarzenegger was a joke in that movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nFEnFtvCM

UnfortunateSexFart has issued a correction as of 03:25 on Apr 2, 2020

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lol even corona-hoax CHUDs want the Cruise ship industry to gently caress off.
https://twitter.com/JasonHornbuckle/status/1245510881569636352?s=19

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ill stun them with the $10 pink taser I got from amazon and take their gun. Its like a video game man, you just upgrade as you go

It's like those bumper stickers or memes talkin bout "You're just temporarily holding on to the food/toilet paper/whatever for me until I come get it with my gun" :smug:

You're just maintaining my future gun. I picked it up after the community got tired your poo poo after the first couple times you did this and we jumped you or waited till you slept because nobody wants to put up with a wannabe bandit in their neighborhood after the larger society is in a shambles. I now have a machine gun ho ho ho.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Willias posted:

You're more likely to kill yourself with a gun than have to use it to fight off starving neighbors.

Get real.

Do you not know that there are literally already Trumpists stabbing Asian people on the street because they think they're all coronavirus carriers and they brought it into the U.S.? Read my post - I didn't say poo poo about them being starving.

The redhat MAGA chuds will be the enemy, and they're all armed.

And loving LOL if you think the police would be on your side.

Get real.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
my wife's having her near-nightly argument with her nurse mom to just loving retire from the hospital and don't you dare extend your retirement date beyond the two weeks you have left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

got any sevens posted:

i thought that said 'fecal expressions' at first. i like that better, lol