Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

endlessmonotony posted:

... not if you have COVID-19.

Because both CPAP and VPAP will absolutely spray the virus everywhere and probably infect care staff.

But VPAP is a lot better than CPAP if you need a ventilator and don't have anything infectious in your lungs, so... lowest passing grade for Musky Boy!

why not just modify them so they don’t spray the deadly virus all over? like, tape a mask over the outflow or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

stacy's mom
is spreading the viron
she's shedding it now
didn't have to wait long

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've spent some effort and found that the movie waydowntown can't be bought or stolen.

It's a weird indie comedy from 20 years ago about some people in Calgary who try to see who can stay indoors the longest.

i saw one last year about a guy who was doing a dare to beat every pacman or tetris level and couldnt get off his couch, it was goofy

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Writing instructions to doctors, tucking them away in our wallets as a matter of course. Jesus, these are dark days

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

elon musk loudly boasting that he was going to mass-produce ventilators, followed by him buying a bunch of chinese cpap machines and then literally slapping tesla stickers over top of their logo on the boxes and just calling them ventilators anyway, to the raucous applause of millions of gullible faux-intellectual dipshits who insist that this naked pr stunt is a genuine and inspirational act of philanthropy, is such a perfect encapsulation of this dumbass country lol

:capitalism:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
We are all literally role playing a flight to Mars. Mmmmm *cracks open Spam can*

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm down like 20 lbs in the past six months, and most of it has been not eating trash or drinking. working pretty good.

same. not drinking beer for lunch really sheds the pounds

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The secret nazi colony on mars surely has had their first case by now

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Arby's actually has a pretty fuckin legit italian sandwich.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I am gaining weight at an alarming rate by eating tons of carbs every day and not leaving the house. It's a pretty enjoyable experience since I normally don't eat bread or white rice and now I'm going through loads, but I wish healthier food was easier to stockpile.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fermun posted:

are they? they look exactly like the ResMed S9 Elite with H5i Humidifier

Can't tell by looks, since ResMed makes so many devices with the same mold.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

elon musk loudly boasting that he was going to mass-produce ventilators, followed by him buying a bunch of chinese cpap machines and then literally slapping tesla stickers over top of their logo on the boxes and just calling them ventilators anyway, to the raucous applause of millions of gullible faux-intellectual dipshits who insist that this naked pr stunt is a genuine and inspirational act of philanthropy, is such a perfect encapsulation of this dumbass country lol

Oi, they are probably actual ventilators. And not Chinese, overwhelmingly likely Australian.

The wrong kind of ventilators, but ventilators.

Stereotype posted:

why not just modify them so they don’t spray the deadly virus all over? like, tape a mask over the outflow or something.

That would first require masks with suitable valves, and then figure out how you make the device function with the filters and make sure it doesn't choke the patient and then mass manufacturing the valve replacements. It could be done... but making the right kind of ventilators isn't that big a step from modifying these devices, doubly so if you'd be manufacturing these devices from base components instead of just retrofitting them. There aren't that many non-invasive ventilators in warehouses either.

It's just taking a super complicated route to an outcome you could better accomplish by using existing solutions. So, expect Elon Musk to do that next.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm eating sunchips in bed at 2am

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm down like 20 lbs in the past six months, and most of it has been not eating trash or drinking. working pretty good.

Same, I think we might be hitting a second wind

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only up from here

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Delthalaz posted:

I am gaining weight at an alarming rate by eating tons of carbs every day and not leaving the house. It's a pretty enjoyable experience since I normally don't eat bread or white rice and now I'm going through loads, but I wish healthier food was easier to stockpile.

This is a time of hedonism

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The secret nazi colony on mars surely has had their first case by now

i thought it was the moon

if nazis went to the moon they probably already got owned by the natives for being incels

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i like how a nerd who invented the idea of a bank but on the internet is basically einstein to most americans just because he's rich

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VectorSigma posted:

i like how a nerd who invented the idea of a bank but on the internet is basically einstein to most americans just because he's rich

He also impregnated one of the Obama era twitter characters

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

crunch crunch

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Delthalaz posted:

getting fat as gently caress is a sign you're respecting the coronavirus guidelines and is therefore now sexy as gently caress

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
smoke weed every quarantine day

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

PSA: Easily the best piece of virus art going on right now is the Megg Mogg and Owl comic that Simon Hanselmann is drawing daily on Instagram.

:nws:
https://www.instagram.com/simon.hanselmann
:nws:

pro click

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

somebody take that death is certain wizard and change the text to you cant take it with you

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want a version of that Soviet propaganda poster with the happy smiling cosmonaut floating in space that says NO GOD HERE! except it's me in my own filth on the couch

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Can't tell by looks, since ResMed makes so many devices with the same mold.

it's a very similar mold, but look at the difference between their noninvasive ventilator:

and what they actually have:

all the VPAP COPD ones have a small extra section between the H5i humidifier and the main device for the alarm. you can also see the text for the VPAP-COPD machines say VPAP-COPD, and whatever is written above the power button there is shorter in length.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I want a version of that Soviet propaganda poster with the happy smiling cosmonaut floating in space that says NO GOD HERE! except it's me in my own filth on the couch

I want that poster

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

ahahahah trump and the white house expect deaths to peak april 15th at 2400 per day when the american death rate is doubling every 3 days LOL

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Colorado mayor faces furious backlash after dismissing coronavirus concerns and daring someone to spit in his mouth

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1244624615911174148/pu/vid/480x848/dNbUQPdxyQcTdlB-.mp4

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I've spent some effort and found that the movie waydowntown can't be bought or stolen.

It's a weird indie comedy from 20 years ago about some people in Calgary who try to see who can stay indoors the longest.

I have it! Get PMs or msg me at username / gmail.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fermun posted:

it's a very similar mold, but look at the difference between their noninvasive ventilator:

and what they actually have:

all the VPAP COPD ones have a small extra section between the H5i humidifier and the main device for the alarm. you can also see the text for the VPAP-COPD machines say VPAP-COPD, and whatever is written above the power button there is shorter in length.

Could be the VPAP Auto, which oughta function the same operated by a skilled pilot.

I'm not defending Musk by giving him the exact amount of credit he deserves. He got the wrong tool for the job, but he didn't say he was going to get the right tool.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpLZtyLm6lo

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

ahahahah trump and the white house expect deaths to peak april 15th at 2400 per day when the american death rate is doubling every 3 days LOL

if we do everything perfect from now on (which we have been very strongly) and nobody that's not infected at this very second gets the virus (which they wont) we will only have a quarter million dead and they were gonna die anyway and it's just the flu BACK TO WORK SLAVE

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

any big news today? we're approaching one million cases so that's probably an event

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sweth/status/1245571234517012481

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CODChimera posted:

any big news today? we're approaching one million cases so that's probably an event

It's a blip but it should be big

https://twitter.com/noahbarkin/status/1245596515663400976

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*depeche mode-ishly* everything sucks in large amounts

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

if i was china, i'd already be gouging the gently caress out of hte rest of the world right now or extracting some very lucrative political power and bills.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Could be the VPAP Auto, which oughta function the same operated by a skilled pilot.

I'm not defending Musk by giving him the exact amount of credit he deserves. He got the wrong tool for the job, but he didn't say he was going to get the right tool.

only if they had a production run that didn't say vpap auto on it as all their documentation does:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wow the US would really buy masks for 3 times the price, you're right that is big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
remember just weeks ago when sports ball man licked the microphones and got sports ball canceled?

good times... ahhhh, the good days before the deaths really started