Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

KaptainKrunk posted:

trump really is the god emperor:
1) sacrificed himself for the good of humanity
2) destroyed the old imperium
3) grotesque orange body
4) really bored all the time
5) rotating cast of servants he occasionally destroys
6) hilariously inept cast of enemies (gremlin pedophiles, feminists, ex-regime deep-staters) whom he keeps around for his own aggrandizement

and now he's locking all americans in place so that there's a grand explosion of Number

YES but you forgot weird undertones of incest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

wooooo

They're not wrong on the media manipulation but they not right either.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just got told an old coworker of mine passed away last night.
Sudden cancer thing but I can't help but wonder if things would have been different if not for covid

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Inceltown posted:

They're not wrong on the media manipulation but they not right either.

manipulate THIS! *millions of people die from something that was mostly preventable*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's been 5 minutes w/o a post, things are slowing down in here. Roni fatigue getting to people.

$1,000 fine for eating a kebab alone on a park bench is code for $1,000 fine for eating a kebab while brown.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I mean at least he was honest.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Another week or so and the best three of each variety (tendergreen french beans and scarlett emperor runner beans) will get potted up and if it's warm enough moved out permanently into the as yet to be constructed bean machines, the runner up beans will get a ground plot

This was your bean update at 0821 zulu, stay strong bean fans

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

$2000? wtf that has to be some premium tier poo poo cause if not that family is hosed. $600 dollar increase on whatever ain’t gonna cut it.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Apr 2, 2020

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I want to poo poo post, but I'm uninspired by the current cycle of microbe murdering.

---

I really hope the rumors of a class-action lawsuit against Fox come to fruition, I think that could be a nice silver lining to this pandemic.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

KaptainKrunk posted:

trump really is the god emperor:
1) sacrificed himself for the good of humanity
2) destroyed the old imperium
3) grotesque orange body
4) really bored all the time
5) rotating cast of servants he occasionally destroys
6) hilariously inept cast of enemies (gremlin pedophiles, feminists, ex-regime deep-staters) whom he keeps around for his own aggrandizement

and now he's locking all americans in place so that there's a grand explosion of Number

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

endlessmonotony posted:

They're not useless when you've got shortage of all gear for all patients, because you can use them for non-COVID-19 patients. They're usually not first choice, but they're better than nothing.

Yeah that will be of great use when a unicorn stumbles into the ER.

Stereotype posted:

why not just modify them so they don’t spray the deadly virus all over? like, tape a mask over the outflow or something.

Masks work if gently breathed through, but they aren’t going to contain the machine’s noxious stream of virus.

It’s like how you can look at a solar eclipse through cardboard and mylar glasses, but you can’t put those glasses between your eyes and pair of binoculars and expect them to work.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NYTScience/status/1245473173166084097
Sudden onset crack ping

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Radirot posted:

$2000? wtf that has to be some premium tier poo poo cause if not that family is hosed. $600 dollar increase on whatever ain’t gonna cut it.

It doesn't seem that crazy.

A guy at my gym who owns his own business pays $1400 for he and his wife.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

It has begun.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/ClaireBerlinski/status/1245603193167347713

the us is making friends. probably counterproductive soon because europe started earlier, is much closer to the peak and will soon have excess stuff which they will be burning now i assume

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

$1300+ a month for an individual is a Cadillac plan

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Lol that's just Trump derangement syndrome

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You need a visa to travel between states in Australia now.

https://twitter.com/AnnastaciaMP/status/1245611779687731200

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Yeah that will be of great use when a unicorn stumbles into the ER.

Masks work if gently breathed through, but they aren’t going to contain the machine’s noxious stream of virus.

It’s like how you can look at a solar eclipse through cardboard and mylar glasses, but you can’t put those glasses between your eyes and pair of binoculars and expect them to work.

I don't think you breath in loose dry viruses floating in the air.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Can't tell by looks, since ResMed makes so many devices with the same mold.

Oi, they are probably actual ventilators. And not Chinese, overwhelmingly likely Australian.

The wrong kind of ventilators, but ventilators.

That would first require masks with suitable valves, and then figure out how you make the device function with the filters and make sure it doesn't choke the patient and then mass manufacturing the valve replacements. It could be done... but making the right kind of ventilators isn't that big a step from modifying these devices, doubly so if you'd be manufacturing these devices from base components instead of just retrofitting them. There aren't that many non-invasive ventilators in warehouses either.

It's just taking a super complicated route to an outcome you could better accomplish by using existing solutions. So, expect Elon Musk to do that next.

elons ventilators have the wrong RAM

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Seeing as everyone has time at home to practice cooking here is some homework for you. Become good at making tornado eggs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXi8BE7Wo0

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't think you breath in loose dry viruses floating in the air.

Yeah and that’s why a mask over the face is easy and filtering the waste of a CPAP machine is not.

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

My work healthcare provider is claiming they'll have antibody tests generally available after the easter weekend (12th), hope this pans out.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Acute necrotizing encephalopathy. Lovely

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

if it happened to me i dont think anyone could tell the difference

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gum posted:

Acute necrotizing encephalopathy. Lovely

Same poo poo happened with SARS and I'm not sure anyone ever found out why, IIRC. This family of viruses is hosed.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So a third of the roni patients in my delaware hospital are actually from new york/new Jersey who fled the plague wastes for their beach house/extended family/not get triage to death in nyc. So they bring that poo poo here. One boomer wanted to see his granddaughter and infected the whole family.

These shithole red states are absolutely going to be the 2nd wave crashing down on blue states in 3 weeks when they try to flee from the beds they poo poo in.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Basically every single story that comes out of the USA makes it look like you guys want this more than anything in the world.

Even orangutans can figure this poo poo out.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1245382719242145794

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
there is no one left alive in stockholm

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yeah thread has really slowed down

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Looks like we flattened the posting curve. Trump really pulled through with his master plan. Working hard thank you!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

CAROL posted:

there is no one left alive in stockholm

hahaha... these "haunted house" movies with the ghost having no idea they died and inventing reasons why they can't go outside

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Gearhead posted:

Same poo poo happened with SARS and I'm not sure anyone ever found out why, IIRC. This family of viruses is hosed.

I know h1n1 is thought to have caused it but I didn't know about SARS

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Randomly remembered that the last Dutch Health Minister collapsed at the podium while speaking to parliament

https://twitter.com/2019nCoVwatcher/status/1240345984938512386?s=19

Tried to find out what has happened to him since and it looks like he hasn't updated his Twitter in two weeks. And there are no other signs of life. His lest message was a formulaic post saying he had to unfortunately step down because "his body could no longer handle this exhaustion"

https://twitter.com/bruno_bruins/status/1240694189702037505?s=19

Did he...

Is he dead?

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gearhead posted:

nice. cool.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

twoday posted:

Randomly remembered that the last Dutch Health Minister collapsed at the podium while speaking to parliament

https://twitter.com/2019nCoVwatcher/status/1240345984938512386?s=19

Tried to find out what has happened to him since and it looks like he hasn't updated his Twitter in two weeks. And there are no other signs of life. His lest message was a formulaic post saying he had to unfortunately step down because "his body could no longer handle this exhaustion"

https://twitter.com/bruno_bruins/status/1240694189702037505?s=19

Did he...

Is he dead?

only death shall free you from your work

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

snoo posted:

I'm eating sunchips in bed at 2am

Oh poo poo I'm eating doritos in bed at 1:30 am :catstare:

Adbot