Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Ah, love nothing like coming to work in -1 degree weather to the office where my wonderful coworker of the previous shift made sure to smoke a bunch, enough that even after some durchlüften and enduring the cold I can still feel the rancid scent of second-hand tobacco filling my lungs, opening the airways invitingly for corona to enter like angels opening the pearly gates of heaven. At least he restrained himself from looking at erotic movies on tele5's website this time, disinfected the mouse anyway since I got a good excuse with the pandemic.

gently caress it, time to put on a jacket and open the windows again, maybe by noon the smell is out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
at least the open window will help disperse the corona. also drat, people still smoke inside?

Mithaldu posted:

Yes, that's what i'm saying. My problem is with the people who go "maskenpflicht? but there are no masken available lol"
update on Maskenpflicht-discourse. there's literally people saying "i'm untested and i will go outside without any protection unless i'm given free surgical masks". the absolute worst of murderous german monsters who will literally kill people out of pride.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'm fairly certain smoking in my office would get me written up and eventually fired. That's completely unacceptable.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

at least the open window will help disperse the corona. also drat, people still smoke inside?

Technically he isn't allowed to, practically despite having been told several times he gives no fucks because he's a Rentner doing this job for some extra cash. And firing him would be a problem because I do not trust my employees to find a replacement anytime soon since we already had to wait months to get someone who can even just do a few shifts at 450€-Basis, let alone someone who has to do more than three shifts a month. Doesn't help that since we already had a time where he took an entire month off as vacation (and before people ask, a week after that we got official confirmation it is never allowed again :v:) and we managed without so there would be no pressure due to everything breaking down. Nevermind that said month was probably the shittiest work one I had so far, 21 shifts at 12 hours, alternating day and night is not a whole lot of fun.

Sorry for the rant, just in kind of a "gently caress work" mood in general and I needed to vent

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Every fiscal quarter the firm manages to surprise me with how shut its internal billing process is.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tell us some stonks insider tips, Randler. What company is about to go bankrupt? At least give us a little hint

Also, AFAIK two people who post in the same thread can't be compelled to testify against each other so don't worry about the law

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Another trip to the supermarket (with face mask), another day of being astounded and frustrated at just how loving stupid people are. Now the local boomer cadre has started not only not giving a gently caress about the 1,5 meter Abstand that is clearly labelled on every entrance, Kasse, and endcap; they have started actively bitching about it whenever they see it.

Group of 65+ year old male Renter standing outside the supermarket (huddled close together because of course) bitching about the security guy standing at the entrance and telling people they can only enter if they have a shopping cart. Unmasked, ungloved old lady who stands with her Einkaufswagen directly in front of the Tiefkühle reading the Zutaten or Vorbereitung instructions on her Dr. Oetker meal for like three minutes while there's literally a line of people forming behind her to get into that same Tiefkühle but nobody wants to come within 2 meters of the old lady for fear of killing her. Family (boomer mom and dad, two 20something kids) who all go Einkaufen as a big group despite signs at the entrance instructing people to do their shopping individually and not with the whole loving Haushalt. Entitled Karen (Karin?) who plows her Einkaufswagen through the barricade around the produce section, ignoring the signs that tell people to not enter with an Einkaufswagen and to maintain distance. And of course still no loving toilet paper or tissues because why.

We as a society deserve this pandemic, I think.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
You seem to visit the supermarket suspiciously often, citizen. :colbert:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I tried to get 4 eiweissbrot but I was permitted to only buy 2 at the store today

I used to buy 4 at a time back in more normal days. I guess I'm OK with it if it means people are disincentivized to hoard, though

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I've delved deeper into the Corona Soforthilfen saga and lemme tell you: it's most certainly for people having to pay rent/kredite on their Gewerbeobjekte or whatever, or if you, like, got Angestellte you gotta pay for. If it's just you and your Mietwohnung (like most freelancers in the creative industry, interpreters, authors, etc.) you don't qualify. In that case you gotta apply for Grundsicherung/ALG2, which is made much more lenient precisely because it's for all people now who need money for their private stuff, like Wohnungsmiete. So my flatmate's right. They got a little money and once that runs below the ALG2 threshold and there'S still no jobs in sight they'll apply for ALG2 and that's it. (me myself, I'm out because my Selbständigkeit isn't my main gig right now, once that changes I'll go HIV too)

Re: Klopapier and Hefe: Still loving gone. Biggest Edeka for miles and they got nothing. Next time I go shopping i'm gonna pick up a box of Weißbier and make my own Hefe.

e: Germany Discussion: I have never even seen a Klopapier

Zwille fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 1, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I got help on one of my Umschuldungskredite. 6 months with Ratenzahlungen reduced to only Zinsen. Well, as soon as my company can finally produce the Nachweis für Kurzarbeit my Bank wants. :v:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

I've delved deeper into the Corona Soforthilfen saga and lemme tell you: it's most certainly for people having to pay rent/kredite on their Gewerbeobjekte or whatever, or if you, like, got Angestellte you gotta pay for. If it's just you and your Mietwohnung (like most freelancers in the creative industry, interpreters, authors, etc.) you don't qualify. In that case you gotta apply for Grundsicherung/ALG2, which is made much more lenient precisely because it's for all people now who need money for their private stuff, like Wohnungsmiete. So my flatmate's right. They got a little money and once that runs below the ALG2 threshold and there'S still no jobs in sight they'll apply for ALG2 and that's it. (me myself, I'm out because my Selbständigkeit isn't my main gig right now, once that changes I'll go HIV too)

Re: Klopapier and Hefe: Still loving gone. Biggest Edeka for miles and they got nothing. Next time I go shopping i'm gonna pick up a box of Weißbier and make my own Hefe.

e: Germany Discussion: I have never even seen a Klopapier

You are also in Berlin, right? Because all my (Berlin based) musician friends who have applied, have already received the 5k in their bank accounts.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah you get the money fast but they’ll check later on, is what people keep saying. If it turns out you lied you get a fine or jail. :toughguy:

Like idk if that’s ever gonna happen but i get the feeling Soforthilfe has been a big misunderstanding is what I’m saying

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Zwille posted:

Both Edeka and Aldi in my bougie Hamburg neighbourhood are back to normal, only the bread and pasta shelves are not as full as usual. How are people still hoarding anyway, shouldn‘t they have enough by now?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Drone posted:

Another trip to the supermarket (with face mask)
:neckbeard:

Drone posted:

[everything else]
:psyduck:

Makes me wonder if next time i'm in a super market i should have my phone playing death metal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

cebrail posted:

Both Edeka and Aldi in my bougie Hamburg neighbourhood are back to normal, only the bread and pasta shelves are not as full as usual. How are people still hoarding anyway, shouldn‘t they have enough by now?

I can imagine it's no longer hoarding per se, but people got their brains broken from seeing empty shelves so often, so now when they see a filled shelf they buy something just in case, even though they might not need it right away. Source: I would definitely buy one pack of toilet paper if I saw any, even though I have a luxurious four rolls left.

Still kinda weird with bread, though. Although come to think of it, my boomer-as-gently caress parents always had bread in the freezer.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It's also buying more since you eat at home more. The supply chain has a hard time catching up in some places, others are starting to look better I think? They need to refill the initially depleted supply and then keep up with sustained higher demand on top.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

oliwan posted:

You are also in Berlin, right? Because all my (Berlin based) musician friends who have applied, have already received the 5k in their bank accounts.

in NRW things seem to move considerably slower

Zwille posted:

Yeah you get the money fast but they’ll check later on, is what people keep saying. If it turns out you lied you get a fine or jail. :toughguy:

Like idk if that’s ever gonna happen but i get the feeling Soforthilfe has been a big misunderstanding is what I’m saying

and instead of this (i answered all my stuff perfectly honestly and i don't have big gewerbeobjekte), the NRW papers say that they expect some from of paying back if it turns out i didn't need all the money

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Smirr posted:

I can imagine it's no longer hoarding per se, but people got their brains broken from seeing empty shelves so often, so now when they see a filled shelf they buy something just in case, even though they might not need it right away. Source: I would definitely buy one pack of toilet paper if I saw any, even though I have a luxurious four rolls left.

Still kinda weird with bread, though. Although come to think of it, my boomer-as-gently caress parents always had bread in the freezer.

One thing to keep in mind is that a large proportion of the population used to get lunch at cafeterias, and they are all shut down. So demand for food from supermarkets is increased. I know I have been needing more food than when I was working from the office.

In my region the current number of infected has remained static over the last two days, with number of recoveries matching number of new cases.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Same, I bought kitchen paper towels on Saturday because we are down to 3 rolls and I saw some sitting in dm. Normally I'd wait until we are down to the last roll but right now you really don't know when you will be able to buy more.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Zwille posted:

Things are changing so fast so information I saw yesterday has disappeared today, but IBB still states that Soloselbständige are eligible for the Zuschuss. From what I've understood the Zuschuss has two payouts, 5K and 9K. You get the 5K regardless, it's to qualify for the 9K that you need to show that you need to pay Angestellte, rent for properties etc. The 5K will have to be angegeben in the Steuererklärung.
I've tried to figure out if there are any limitations to qualifying (e.g. maximum amount of savings allowed) but I can't find any information on that, neither from Stadt Berlin nor from IBB. Where have you found the information on the requirements?

I'm a filthy, non-job-creating Soloselbständiger translator and earlier today I was lined up for the Antrag with 10 minutes to go when they paused applications until Monday.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Apparently there also is a problem for a lot of Freiberufler (like attorney, tax advisors) that the current rules are only explicit regarding revenue losses you have right now due to Corona. But for a lot of Freiberufler there is no liquidity issue yet, because their business tends to lag behind the Realwirtschaft and they only expect to be hit by the Consequences of Corona (original band name, do not steal) in a bit.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GABA ghoul posted:

Tell us some stonks insider tips, Randler. What company is about to go bankrupt? At least give us a little hint

Most businesses who go bankrupt do not need tax advice we provide, because you don't pay taxes on losses. So even if I were willing to breach professional ethics, I couldn't tell you. :smuggo:

So, public big name bankruptcies:

I don't have time to check the Wirtschaftsteil a lot right now, but Vapiano and Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof are about to file or have filed already. Both were in trouble before if you follow the business news, but I think Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof can at least make a reasonable claim to being hit extremely hard by Corona. Vapiano, though, I would not necessarily bet on them qualifying for Soforthilfe, because bankruptcy has been a very public threat to them for a while now.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Seagull Fiasco posted:

I'm a filthy, non-job-creating Soloselbständiger translator and earlier today I was lined up for the Antrag with 10 minutes to go when they paused applications until Monday.

I’m no Steuerberater or lawyer but pretty sure that’s for people who, like, have Gewerbemieten to pay but can’t make money to make those ends meet. Grundsicherung should help you easy enough. The 5K will get checked again in post and you’ll, like others said, may have to pay it back. Either way there’s a big risk but also maybe a big reward if they decide to forego checkups on the Soforthilfe I guess. It’s a shame you can’t call or like click through a questionnaire to see if you’re really eglible so right now it’s a free for all and it may or may not bite a lot of people in the rear end.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Zwille posted:

I’m no Steuerberater or lawyer but pretty sure that’s for people who, like, have Gewerbemieten to pay but can’t make money to make those ends meet. Grundsicherung should help you easy enough. The 5K will get checked again in post and you’ll, like others said, may have to pay it back. Either way there’s a big risk but also maybe a big reward if they decide to forego checkups on the Soforthilfe I guess. It’s a shame you can’t call or like click through a questionnaire to see if you’re really eglible so right now it’s a free for all and it may or may not bite a lot of people in the rear end.

Yeah, perhaps it's good I get some time to think this one over. I'm in a spot where I've currently got enough work to just about cover my expenses, as well as some savings, but all projects are ending in the next couple of weeks and I have no idea if they're going to be renewed. So the Consequences of Corona will hit me, I just don't know exactly when.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Thread title: I have never even left from my house?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
3rd week of social distancing and home office for me and the gf and 2nd week of Ausgangssperre here in Bavaria. I am fortunate to have the woods right near me here in the South West of Munich so I go running 7-10k every 3 days.

However, truth be told, I had a bad day today. I felt an inner tension and basically went stir crazy but had to keep working and it drove me nuts that I couldn't just get up and go outside and do whatever without risking my health. It went down into my stomach and made me feel queasy... never had anxiety before but I guess that's what that is. I am not proud of it but I downed a double whiskey, watched some TV with the GF and feel slightly better. Tomorrow is running day so that's good but man today was not nice.

What I am saying is people take care of yourselves, this poo poo is taxing, we all joke about TP but it still takes a toll on your brain to be locked up like this.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I jumped through Warframe like a crazy Flummi and pewpewpewd things after work. That helped.

I am a simple mind.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Since I now work at the same desk I normally game on using the same screen and mouse, I can't be arsed to sit there more than my 8 hours. Which annoys me because I love my games but can't see that desk anymore. Which is exactly why I work from a small shared office in downtown normally, but gently caress doing that commute on the U-Bahn if I don't have to.

Edit: Obviously first world problems but like I said, bad day today.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I seem to be able to separate the two pretty well via virtual desktops. I think the sliding animation helps, moving from play to work is like shoving one thing aside and moving to another desk.

I hear you on the sitting though. I have a huge pot of tea at my desk just to force me to get up at regular intervals and move around…

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Antigravitas posted:

I jumped through Warframe like a crazy Flummi and pewpewpewd things after work. That helped.

I am a simple mind.

Social distancing can't save you from the max range Saryn.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

So after two weeks of home office I can say I'm better off than before. I usually had ~60-80 Dienstreisen a year, , now Isuddenly can spend the evening at home like a real person. I have shifted events into online webinars etc. with all kind of tools like Adobe Connect, Zoom or the weird Cisco stuff. And since there's no alternative the target audience is actually attending like crazy.

Our marketing division shot down my proposal to procure branded face masks (the cheap ones, not the ones used in hospitals) as give aways in preparation for a lifting of the lockdown, claiming they might be associated with sickness when I claimed they would soon be seen as normal as not farting in an elevator.

What's really hurting are the increasingly desperate emails by freelance partners. As I used to be on the other side of the fence in 2008ff I know that a contracting market is especially bad news for freelancers and I try to find some slot for them. Even upper management has gone so far as to imply that we should not be too stingy with long-time partners as they might very well go belly up and we'd prefer working with them in the future.

Also I observe it's easy to joke about "numbers going up" if your liege is the ÖD and you get paid whether you are being productive or not, but many tax payers are in quite a pickle at the moment and could do without the smug attitude. So please let's get this crisis over with by behaving responsibly on the individual level.

In other news: Still no tp in formerly haushaltsüblichen Mengen available.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Einbauschrank posted:

Also I observe it's easy to joke about "numbers going up" if your liege is the ÖD and you get paid whether you are being productive or not, but many tax payers are in quite a pickle at the moment and could do without the smug attitude. So please let's get this crisis over with by behaving responsibly on the individual level.

You say while still making snarky comments about exactly those peopel who do not do 'hoenst productive work' like you do, so maybe think a little bit about your lovely attitude once in a while

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Hopper posted:

However, truth be told, I had a bad day today. I felt an inner tension and basically went stir crazy but had to keep working and it drove me nuts that I couldn't just get up and go outside and do whatever without risking my health. It went down into my stomach and made me feel queasy... never had anxiety before but I guess that's what that is.

I've been seeing someone about my anxiety/panic for a little over a year now. It's not a fun thing to have, so I feel you :smith: Even worse because my specific Auslöser are topics related to health and medicine.

On days where it's really kindof more of a mild background anxiety ("something is loving wrong here and I can't figure out why I have this weird feeling of general dread") I've found Passionsblume extract to be helpful. Obviously it's not gonna work wonders because ~*pflanzliches Arzneimittel*~ but it helps take the edge off just enough, even if it's only a placebo.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

skipThings posted:

You say while still making snarky comments about exactly those peopel who do not do 'hoenst productive work' like you do, so maybe think a little bit about your lovely attitude once in a while

"Not being productive" refers to the circumstances of the lockdown, not the ÖD in general. I never said the ÖD was not being productive in general and I know that a good public administration is a wohlstandsfördernder Faktor.

If an employeé isn't productive because the lockdown prevents him from doing his job as productively before or from doing it at all, he'll be put into Kurzarbeit and fired. Same if his company goes belly up. If a Behörde is closed for the public there won't be any layoffs, even if working from home is only possible at a reduced efficency or if there's less to do at the moment due to the lockdown.

Edit on/ Better examples would be Kitas or public libraries. /Edit off

It's easy to deride anxiety about the length of the lockdown, if you aren't operating under the same pressure.

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 2, 2020

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Hopper posted:

near me here in the South West of Munich

:hfive:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Einbauschrank posted:

branded face masks as give aways
Jesus

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So I just ordered a bunch of drinks from Flaschenpost, and those cheeky fuckers actually sell toilet paper now. Going so far as to go "Hey how about this toilet paper?" during checkout. At a decent markup, of course.

Still bought it.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Home Office entblößt in einem riesigen Umfang wie schlecht manche Kollegen sind, wenn sie nicht physisch durch andere mitgezogen werden und ihnen ihre ganzen Parallelprozesse wegfallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

Home Office entblößt in einem riesigen Umfang wie schlecht manche Kollegen sind, wenn sie nicht physisch durch andere mitgezogen werden und ihnen ihre ganzen Parallelprozesse wegfallen.

Ich habe das so noch nie in Deutsch gehört, das ist doch definitiv eine einfache Übersetzung aus dem Englishen. Ich bin entsetzt, Randler.