Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Biowarfare posted:

I'm still waiting for a sandbox MMO

You're in luck, there's over 500 kickstarters for sandbox mmos that will download your brain to your formative years and make you happy again. i can show you the best one but i'll need five bear skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Space Bat posted:

You're in luck, there's over 500 kickstarters for sandbox mmos that will download your brain to your formative years and make you happy again. i can show you the best one but i'll need five bear skin

I can assure you I have backed 499 of them.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

So why did they make this fortnite?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kaempfer0080 posted:

Like every idiot developer in 2018 they saw how much money stupid BR games made almost overnight and got greedy.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

kaempfer0080 posted:

Judging from the videos of gameplay they put out, their lovely, lifeless "Darkfall but somehow worse" combat engine would be easy to make into a BR which like soy said was the dragon many devs have chased. kind of funny that they missed that boat by like a year lol

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Bat posted:

kind of funny that they missed that boat by like a year lol

ya I can see why it was attractive though

shitbox games like PUBG with idiot devs, horrible netcode, and a wet fart of content made billions

But it was clearly all peaking in like 2017... at least devs have started to realize this

Planetside arena was going to be a turd BR but they seem to have changed their mind on that, but they are also releasing on the same day as the new COD and so nobody will play planetside arena even if they might have otherwise :lol:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Space Bat posted:

Judging from the videos of gameplay they put out, their lovely, lifeless "Darkfall but somehow worse" combat engine would be easy to make into a BR which like soy said was the dragon many devs have chased. kind of funny that they missed that boat by like a year lol

Even if they hadn't missed the bubble, the bit of it I saw looked absolutely horrid. I've played all manner of terrible games in my day, including many terrible BR games and this one looked unplayable even by comparison to those shitheaps.

Mikezxcv81
Nov 27, 2019
What Sandbox Kickstarters? Love me some sandbox.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
*begins sweating and fumbles for wallet* did someone say sandbox pvp mmo Kickstarter?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
we ran out of budget for the sand, have a ballpit instead

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truga posted:

That ballpit is legitimately more fun than whatever bullshit they released on stream

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Truga posted:

Someone has peed in the ballpit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They streamed an alpha one preview.

They get a quest and actually start playing around 25min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trk0Tik18j8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here's a 10 min summary by TheLazyPeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNMaI3w-SCg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Here's a 10 min summary by TheLazyPeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNMaI3w-SCg

"most ambitious MMORPG" *proceeds to list only features that every single other MMORPG has*

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

I said come in! posted:

"most ambitious MMORPG" *proceeds to list only features that every single other MMORPG has*

It looks World of Warcraft with Guild Wars 2's aesthetics glued on top of it.

And then dialed down to two and baked in a pre-heated oven at too low temperatures without proper ventilation.

It looks so loving generic.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.
Ya, they really could have played with design like BDO, or gone cartoony, or gone ultra stylized, going bland is going to be a huge loss from the people who like Transmog.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Im gonna watch videos made by some dude called the lazy peon lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you don’t watch the lazy peon

He’s in desperate search for a good MMO to play just like all of us

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"good" "MMO" - doesn't work anyway

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

orcane posted:

"good" "MMO" - doesn't work anyway

and yet here we all are

searching

hoping

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

lol if you don’t watch the lazy peon

He’s in desperate search for a good MMO to play just like all of us

So he just plays a game and says nope not good. Why do I need to watch?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Comrayn posted:

I get the goof you’re doing but his videos are a good look at the state of the industry if you actually want to know more.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Comrayn posted:

Same reason you post in a forum called MMO HMO

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Kaysette posted:

I get the goof you’re doing but his videos are a good look at the state of the industry if you actually want to know more.

He’s a chud who vocally supports “red-pilling” and “mgtow”. Not a good dude.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hyzenth1ay posted:

He’s a chud who vocally supports “red-pilling” and “mgtow”. Not a good dude.

I can't believe a guy on the internet is a dumbass!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Ehud posted:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
“Hey check out this guy’s YouTube it owns”

“That guy pushes misogynist incel garbage”

“Heh, surprised?”

Yes motherfucker you just told me this guys channel was good what the gently caress

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Comrayn posted:

“Hey check out this guy’s YouTube it owns”

“That guy pushes misogynist incel garbage”

“Heh, surprised?”

Yes motherfucker you just told me this guys channel was good what the gently caress

His channel is literally just a bunch of MMO content. I have no idea about any of the redpill or chud stuff. None of that comes up in any of his videos :shrug:

He makes good videos about games and the industry. That's what was promoted. Not the guy's personal social or political views.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

His channel is literally just a bunch of MMO content. I have no idea about any of the redpill or chud stuff. None of that comes up in any of his videos :shrug:

He makes good videos about games and the industry. That's what was promoted. Not the guy's personal social or political views.

poo poo sucks my dude

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Ehud posted:

sorry I called out your chuddy friend but supporting his videos does support those views. it’s cool that hating women is just politics to you I guess? some people care about who they support and dude’s not worth it.

first post result looking for lazy peon redpill:

quote:

”i used to like that guy but he's kind of gone off the deep end. He was on stream not that long ago telling people to kill themselves and calling them "cucks" (that's like insta-labelling yourself a turbo virgin).

Dunno what happened to him...”

He took the "Red-pill" or whatever he calls it. I used to enjoy his mmo vids before he got woke. Now he pulls s*** like this and try to garner attention in other ways than just doing quality videos.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i did not know that he sucks now and i apologize. his game content was good but i agree that

Hyzenth1ay posted:

supporting his videos does support those views.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hyzenth1ay posted:

sorry I called out your chuddy friend but supporting his videos does support those views. it’s cool that hating women is just politics to you I guess? some people care about who they support and dude’s not worth it.

It's unfortunate that YouTuber The Lazy Peon is apparently a huge rear end in a top hat. I didn't realize he's doing stuff like that.

un-subbed!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I also base my entire opinion about things on GameFAQs posts.

But since I like being fair, Peon did say some lovely stuff on stream three years ago. His video about "taking the red pill" was from a year ago. He comes at more from the direction of realizing he was being a lovely goon and trying to work on self-improvement after a bad breakup, but talking about red pill poo poo is definitely a potential red flag. His Twitter is almost entirely posts about his uploads or what he's playing, no chuddiness or misogyny to be seen. The only other suspect Googling I can find is a /pol/ post claiming he's subscribed to shitheads like Stefan Molyneaux but his actual channel isn't as far as I can tell.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Imagine going to bat for a video game youtuber yeesh

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Comrayn posted:

Imagine going to bat for a video game youtuber yeesh

:emptyquote:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
my bad i'll go back to uncritically accepting what random goons say

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

1stGear posted:

I also base my entire opinion about things on GameFAQs posts.

But since I like being fair, Peon did say some lovely stuff on stream three years ago. His video about "taking the red pill" was from a year ago. He comes at more from the direction of realizing he was being a lovely goon and trying to work on self-improvement after a bad breakup, but talking about red pill poo poo is definitely a potential red flag. His Twitter is almost entirely posts about his uploads or what he's playing, no chuddiness or misogyny to be seen. The only other suspect Googling I can find is a /pol/ post claiming he's subscribed to shitheads like Stefan Molyneaux but his actual channel isn't as far as I can tell.

So, he IS a witch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Relayer posted:

So, he IS a witch.

Cannot confirm, he has been highly resistant to my efforts to weigh him down with stones and throw him into a pond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

1stGear posted:

Cannot confirm, he has been highly resistant to my efforts to weigh him down with stones and throw him into a pond.

That is a sure sign of a witch, after all, if they weren't a witch they wouldn't have a problem with proving they aren't a witch.