Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Sharpen the curve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

can't stop touching my face to do the :thunk: expression

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just when you thought it could not get any more crazy

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/1245707152804786176

quote:

Reached Wednesday in Montgomery, Alabama, Moore said that he would be at Life Tabernacle Church noon Thursday for a news conference about an impending legal battle, though he offered no specifics.
"Well, we'll talk about that tomorrow," Moore said.

He said Moore would represent him as pastor of Life Tabernacle and the church "for defense of the Gospel, for the people who are losing their jobs, for my name being slandered by (Gov.) John Bel Edwards, for his arrest that I had to undergo yesterday and for the people who are afraid to come back to our church out of fear of persecution."

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/annadavisabel/status/1245448322044899328?s=21

ha ha what da gently caress

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/mikiebarb/status/1245698394724720640?s=21

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

yes

there are better ones too where he's like "AMERICA MAKES THOUSANDS OF TRAINS AND GUNS WHILE YOU INBRED TOOTHLESS FUCKERS CANT EVEN MAKE SHOES FOR YOURSELVES"

“You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about.

War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors.

You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.”
― William T. Sherman

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.agriculture.com/markets/newswire/chinas-shenzhen-bans-the-eating-of-cats-and-dogs-after-coronavirus

quote:

SHENZHEN, China, April 2 (Reuters) - The Chinese city of Shenzhen has banned the eating of dogs and cats as part of a wider clampdown on the wildlife trade since the emergence of the new coronavirus.

Scientists suspect the coronavirus passed to humans from animals. Some of the earliest infections were found in people who had exposure to a wildlife market in the central city of Wuhan, where bats, snakes, civets and other animals were sold.

The disease has infected more than 935,000 people around the world and killed some 47,000 of them.

Authorities in the southern Chinese technology hub said the ban on eating dogs and cats would come into force on May 1.

"Dogs and cats as pets have established a much closer relationship with humans than all other animals, and banning the consumption of dogs and cats and other pets is a common practice in developed countries and in Hong Kong and Taiwan," the city government said in an order posted on Wednesday.

I don't like telling people what they can and cannot do but cats and dogs are cute AF and super smart. There are other sources of protein that don't have the potential for contagious diseases and are not as smart or cute, like beans

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

wow, its almost like private insurance is a dumb inefficient system dreamed up by greedy broken people who deserve to be fed through an industrial meat grinder

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

econ professor with brookings of course, being a complete moron is basically a requirement for his position

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was better when it was a non profit system lamo (not great obviously l)

capitalizing it was hilariously stupid

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The United States has spent the last 10 years tearing itself apart trying to keep people from getting medical coverage.

From any other country with socialized medicine, this has been a staggering self own and will now have catastrophic consequences.

Oh wait, I forgot to say something funny.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Do people in Montana just never leave their houses in general

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yep that's Aetna

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In my defense, there was no way I could have known that lighting myself on fire wasn't the only way to roast a hot dog, or that fire can spread to other people and places when you don't sufficiently social distance yourself from them

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Disillusionist posted:

Far Cry 5 was a documentary.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Martout posted:

econ professor with brookings of course, being a complete moron is basically a requirement for his position

i mean that's a requirement for being an economist in general

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So what's the current unemployment rate?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Another Bill posted:

The United States has spent the last 10 years tearing itself apart trying to keep people from getting medical coverage.

From any other country with socialized medicine, this has been a staggering self own and will now have catastrophic consequences.

Oh wait, I forgot to say something funny.

if there was any justice in this country we'd triage based on who previously and publically expressed opinions that americans should or shouldn't get healthcare

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

roy moore is taking this case on contingency and all he's asking for is to be made a youth pastor

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Disillusionist posted:

Mostly nobody lives there at all

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Disillusionist posted:

this is a really lovely chart that also probably relies on cell data which is much less reliable in majorly rural areas. theres no way the people in South Dakota (still no stay at home order!) took this seriously in mid march.

https://twitter.com/oliviacpaschal/status/1245711609890320386

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poty posted:

if it happened to me i dont think anyone could tell the difference

Most brain injuries/conditions are imperceptible to the person thats suffering them, only after a time does it start to make the person feel like something isn't right leading to anger and then acceptance.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

everyone useful, aside from healthcare, posties and grocery clerks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Disillusionist posted:

Where are they going to go? There's work, home, church, and Walmart.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Very DYNAMIC, vigorous. A sign of the economy reshaping itself, with large groups of people transitioning from one part of the economy to the other.

Wall Street is celebrating.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
gawrsh, if only there were something we could do to keep unemployment low

https://twitter.com/nytimesbusiness/status/1245524117232791554

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Jesus wept.
Take the time in unemployment to learn a useful trade.like electrician.or plumber.or garbage man.ya know, usefull jobs

And end up destroying my body by old age? Still would rather have the heart attack.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

employed person who never gets sick: private health insurance is superior to public health insurance and i can get any service covered at any doctor or hospital i go to because i work hard and my employer rewards me with awesome insurance

*hundreds of millions get sick and stuck with unpaid medical expenses*

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

IDK but in a few weeks everyone making in between $8/hr and $100/hr = no job

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

probably like 7-9%

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Not defending the south because they're definitely loving idiots on this but distance traveled means a lot less than number of trips, especially out West.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

that gets published tomorrow morning

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

That's two words mikey

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

haha those r fun

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon