Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

BRB gonna make my COMPLETE 60 MINUTE FAT BURNER HOME WORKOUT VIDEO next to this pile of knives.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmfao @ AOF

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Lol, a big part of why the stock market is still doing okay (relatively; it is still down over 7000 points from March 1), is the fed announced it will literally prop it up with infinite money. Like, that 3 trillion dollars we threw in to prop it up for a half hour that one day? We are now able to just throw a quadrillion in there if they feel like it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NofrikinfuN posted:

my one old neighbor has a huge corn/soybean field out behind my house, i was considering talking him into donating some space for a community garden

our little village has between 60 and 240 people, so a section of it could probably cover us all for a year if we can manage some canning and the like

i don't know how much we can count on freezing/refrigeration though if this is going to be prolonged since its unlikely electric service becomes a right anymore than medical care

probably gonna be eating a lot of river fish this year

electricity is easier to come by than you'd think, especially if you've got a river

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

lol :matters:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Platystemon posted:

You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization!

—W. T. Sherman, comments to Prof. David F. Boyd at the Louisiana State Seminary, 24 December 1860

:hai:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Where are they going to go? There's work, home, church, and Walmart.

in northwest arkansas, all four of those things are walmart

CURIOSITY OF GEESE
Jan 29, 2009

My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat. My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, don’t you prefer steak? It’s like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.
Hey, what's the SpO2 number where you should be worried again? My shortness of breath has been getting worse the past few days and—though I don't have any other symptoms—it might be time for me to head in. What's the deal med goons?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

still sending my respect to this guy for trying to ram a boat with a train

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1245494921936678912?s=20

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

In other news, people in the south have to travel to go places. So if I go to pickup my groceries I've got to go more than 2 miles. If I go to get fast food, more than 2 miles.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

All of these people will be meeting god personally very soon

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

Hey, what's the SpO2 number where you should be worried again? My shortness of breath has been getting worse the past few days and—though I don't have any other symptoms—it might be time for me to head in. What's the deal med goons?

A nurse friend told me to buy a pulse ox when this started so we can measure that just in case and I think it has to be in the 80%s to get worried. I forgot frankly but our family's baseline is 98-99% right now.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atrocious Joe posted:

still sending my respect to this guy for trying to ram a boat with a train

apparently the tracks in particular he was on weren't close to the boat at all, (he would have had to skip the train across the harbor to hit it lmao) but Iv seen loading tracks go p loving close to the water so this is more of a matter of luck + Q guy being obviously nuts. drat thing skipped across several hundred yards of parking lot/loading dock after it flew off the trcaks

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.agriculture.com/markets/newswire/chinas-shenzhen-bans-the-eating-of-cats-and-dogs-after-coronavirus

I don't like telling people what they can and cannot do but cats and dogs are cute AF and super smart. There are other sources of protein that don't have the potential for contagious diseases and are not as smart or cute, like beans

my garden pots from last year had old sunflower seeds in them and they sprouted :sun:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dudes rock!

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

I think I saw someone say you should start worrying at around 93% especially if it has been trending down rather than stable.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Good soup! posted:

whats lmao in japanese

wwwwww

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

EMTs give O2 at 94% under most protocols.

If I see 94% resting I'm gonna be wondering what is up and looking for what the causes are.

If you live at very high altitude this changes is something I learned in Ladakh but that doesn't apply anywhere in the US that I know of but if you live like at 9000 ft in Colorado or something you'll want to look for specifics.

Edit: it's quarantine, I'm gonna do this myself actually.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Good soup! posted:

whats lmao in japanese

i know kekeke hukhuk is korean from diablo 2

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

:sickos:

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Essential business? Is that why they're tax exempt?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
this article is saying that the virus can be spread in the air by talking or breathing, not just by coughing or sneezing. Possibly explains the whole asymptomatic transfer thing. I have a confirmed covid positive coworker (she is out sick now). I'm extremely lucky i haven't gotten sick...

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if these evangelicals like their big tent revivals so much maybe they should all go have one and stay there for a month and see how much reviving they can accomplish

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Pulse oximetry at altitude is a fuckin' rabbit hole because of periodic breathing holy moly

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

yeah just casually fell into my knife sculpture

as one does.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dixville posted:

this article is saying that the virus can be spread in the air by talking or breathing, not just by coughing or sneezing. Possibly explains the whole asymptomatic transfer thing. I have a confirmed covid positive coworker (she is out sick now). I'm extremely lucky i haven't gotten sick...

basically the viral load is low, but if you spend enough time in the vicinity then it's possible to catch it. so for brief interactions you need the cough and the sneeze, for extended ones you don't. that's why while this virus is stunningly virulent (hardy fomites staying on stuff + spreads through coughing readily) most of the sickness clusters we see are in family/work groups, where people spend hours nearby, even if they're asymptomatic and careful.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Falling on one's sword(s)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1245718327709896705?s=20
Anti-weed guy comes out as anti-bean

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/1245717467349037056?s=20
https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1245714705458421761?s=20
https://twitter.com/davidharsanyi/status/1245712679555252224?s=20

Death cult report back. I include wanting war with China as part of the death cult.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

there are seriously just about constant sirens outside. I had kinda noticed more in that last week or so (hard to say, you don’t really notice or remember them normally), but seriously today, it’s every couple of minutes I can hear one

windows are open today, like most days.

queens

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

dex_sda posted:

basically the viral load is low, but if you spend enough time in the vicinity then it's possible to catch it. so for brief interactions you need the cough and the sneeze, for extended ones you don't. that's why while this virus is stunningly virulent (hardy fomites staying on stuff + spreads through coughing readily) most of the sickness clusters we see are in family/work groups, where people spend hours nearby, even if they're asymptomatic and careful.

Luckily my work place is a veterinary clinic so we have all been wearing masks gloves and gowns. Hopefully that has made some difference though there are others who are sick, not sure if anyone else has been tested, but the one coworker has been all over Facebook about it. She's doing better!

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

there are seriously just about constant sirens outside. I had kinda noticed more in that last week or so (hard to say, you don’t really notice or remember them normally), but seriously today, it’s every couple of minutes I can hear one

queens

same in manhattan :\

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

if it is hard for you to breathe go in immediately regardless of what the device says.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

queens

I live two blocks from a hospital in mississippi and have begun to hear sirens more frequently than usual. Kind of assuming it's gonna become a trend in the near future

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

*becomes desperate to observe simulated human interaction, installs the sims 3, estimated time to complete download on lovely rural internet is 3 days 18 hours*

cool cool cool... gonna go check out my sourdough starter

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Haha my chud CEO found out my boss put our team on remote work and he flipped out

Starting Monday I have to go back to the office

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Mayor Dave posted:

Haha my chud CEO found out my boss put our team on remote work and he flipped out

:rip:

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Your CEO should put a written warning on the coronavirus' record and perhaps threaten it with legal action for loss of productivity. That'll show it

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Crusader posted:

same in manhattan :\

its the only traffic on the streets of course its all your hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Der Meister posted:

if it is hard for you to breathe go in immediately regardless of what the device says.

Yeah it's this