Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

now do one with the us flag high-fiving florida and new york flags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

The RoK isn't free it's occupied by the US

And still had a better public health response than the occupying power
:rolleyes: haha yeah man totally

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

“ Helped Save Brexit. One of the UK's last-ever MEPs. Now podcasting with
@BrexitBros”

Okay brexitbro

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

demented

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245746582701686793

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Iron Throne rejects a false monarch

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

"when all you have is a hammer"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

now do one with the us flag high-fiving florida and new york flags

Florida flag hand should be someone offering help and it slapping it off then flipping the bird

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i can believe it. my wife had a patient come in with chest pain. he had just gotten a call from the state telling him he didnt have covid-19. they asked to speak to his wife, as they had her results as well. he thought the chest pain could be anything, but he wanted to make sure he was alright because the wife they wanted to speak to died last week from suspected covid-19. hearing the story made me sick to my stomach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the state has enough ventilators to last about six days if the rate of people needing them stays stable.

quote:

"If that rate continues, in our stock pile we have about six days," Cuomo said. "If the apex increases, if the apex is longer, we have an issue with ventilators."

Cuomo said he's working on finding more ventilators, but he has "no desire to acquire more ventilators than we need

"If a person comes in and needs a ventilator and you don't have one, the person dies. That's the blunt equation here," he said

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Rorobb posted:

I work as a contractor for a big tech company out here in the seattle area. my office is on the east side so not walkable at all and would require two buses to get to since I don’t have a car. because of some technical reasons I don’t fully understand, I need to connect my computer to the big tech company’s WiFi once a month or I lose trust and get locked out of application/documents that I need to do my job. I technically could request VPN access but for some reason my sponsor is super against that and my boss is telling me and my team to not do that. they were going to get us non-domaines laptops as an alternative but apparently they aren’t able to due to shortages now. they say we have to go in to the office and connect.

wtf do I do? rent a Zipcar and hope no one was spreading the corona in it before me? ride the bus? is it even legal to tell me to come in for this reason right now?

Get an uber, go to the office, grab some lunch to go, go home

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

No you see non-whites never have power or agency because white people are also on the same continent!!!!
- a totally not-racist

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Covid-19: The Space between Unemployment and Number

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rorobb posted:

I work as a contractor for a big tech company out here in the seattle area. my office is on the east side so not walkable at all and would require two buses to get to since I don’t have a car. because of some technical reasons I don’t fully understand, I need to connect my computer to the big tech company’s WiFi once a month or I lose trust and get locked out of application/documents that I need to do my job. I technically could request VPN access but for some reason my sponsor is super against that and my boss is telling me and my team to not do that. they were going to get us non-domaines laptops as an alternative but apparently they aren’t able to due to shortages now. they say we have to go in to the office and connect.

wtf do I do? rent a Zipcar and hope no one was spreading the corona in it before me? ride the bus? is it even legal to tell me to come in for this reason right now?

pokemon go to work

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rorobb posted:

Uhh they can definitely remotely remove your laptop from the domain, lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Requiring monthly network handshakes is for sysadmins too lazy to set up rotating public keys

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

so what’s the threads guess on total USA death from this by say January? at least a million confirmed? less? more?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

You could also go there and see if you can get connected from outside the building, which may be possible unless the access points aren't on the ground floor or whatever

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

stephenthinkpad posted:

Wow literally 2 weeks from retirement. Her mom is in a buddy cop doctor movie.

she's considering staying on longer!

she's 65 and is already immunocompromised thanks to some mystery illness about 15 years ago and has no spleen

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

LimburgLimbo posted:

No you see non-whites never have power or agency because white people are also on the same continent!!!!
- a totally not-racist

Lawman 0 posted:

good thing South Korea didn't treat the outbreak of Corona virus as a war, or else the US would have been in charge

https://carnegieendowment.org/2019/08/21/why-doesn-t-south-korea-have-full-control-over-its-military-pub-79702

quote:

As things currently stand, South Korea has operational control of its military under armistice conditions, but the United States would take over in wartime. This arrangement is unique to the U.S.-South Korea alliance. It is reflected in the structure of the Combined Forces Command—the alliance’s war-fighting command—which is headed by a U.S. four-star general while a South Korean four-star general serves as deputy commander.

The RoK bought a bunch of weapons last year so the US would consider allowing it to control it's own military

quote:

South Korea’s presidential office and military procurement authorities have since been tight-lipped about what might be in that “very large purchase.” But local defense experts and industry sources tell Defense News that acquisition decisions will focus on airborne systems with a price tag reaching 10 trillion won (U.S. $8.8 billion) over the next five to six years.

A key motive for U.S. weapons purchase is the planned transfer of wartime operational control from the U.S. military to the South Korean armed forces,” said Shin Jong-woo, a senior analyst at the Seoul-based Korea Defense and Security Forum think tank. “What we need now to lead wartime operations in the years ahead is to get more and better airborne weapons systems, which would be preferential purchasing items.”

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

LionArcher posted:

so what’s the threads guess on total USA death from this by say January? at least a million confirmed? less? more?

Confirmed? 200k.

Total who die from "viral pneumonia or ARDS"? 1-2 mill

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1245707948866834432

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

my terminally contrarian boss who was "just the flu, bro"-ing me and another guy the last time I saw him (March 8th) just told me he almost definitely had/has COVID and now his brother's getting sick, lol owned (he just likes to argue and shifted off the "it's just the flu" poo poo like a day later)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

good thing South Korea didn't treat the outbreak of Corona virus as a war, or else the US would have been in charge

https://carnegieendowment.org/2019/08/21/why-doesn-t-south-korea-have-full-control-over-its-military-pub-79702

The RoK bought a bunch of weapons last year so the US would consider allowing it to control it's own military

:downs: this quirk is exactly the same as a full military occupation. Keep on going though because I know you are about to launch into a tirade about how North Korea has literally done nothing wrong or whatever.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lol no poo poo Sherlock

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Imagine thinking that piece of paper is relevant now

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

he should really be beating the drum for UBI now since it's almost certainly going to be necessary

at the very least we should be having people retire younger and pushing ways to make travel less accessible/necessary to limit spread

UBI, WFH, broadband everywhere for online schooling

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

already tired of this cuck

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to offer this kinda insight on CNN, you gotta respect the grift

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yangs not even a real person

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1245591759226195974

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Depressing to have been on lockdown for like a month already in the pnw while the Bible belt superspreads for Jesus.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

I hope Yang is right and I get to work from home forever and eat beans all day

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

Depressing to have been on lockdown for like a month already in the pnw while the Bible belt superspreads for Jesus.

Look on the bright side you'll be the first out to loot the post apocalyptic hellscape

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Strep Vote posted:

Us vs them

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1245747358870241285

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The virus is attacking is because it hates our freedoms

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

getfiscal is the GOAT and i don't even think it's particularly close

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

promised by trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Strep Vote posted: