Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The red states are going to be at a huge economic advantage after this right, bc they're heartless enough to just dismiss the corpse piles but a blue state would break down if you tried to speedrun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Donald Trump better make a tweet about this!

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

LionArcher posted:

so what’s the threads guess on total USA death from this by say January? at least a million confirmed? less? more?

population * infection rate * case fatality rate

2 million

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Strep Vote posted:

Depressing to have been on lockdown for like a month already in the pnw while the Bible belt superspreads for Jesus.

It'll be easier for the Republic of Cascadia and the Great Lakes Union to overwhelm the Dominion of Dixie in this scenario. Not sure where the New California Republic sits in all this. Probably at zero manpower.

Wait. Wrong thread. Hearts of Iron is that way.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

population * infection rate * case fatality rate

2 million

cfr without hospitalization is going to be hospitalization rate tho

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

:downs: this quirk is exactly the same as a full military occupation. Keep on going though because I know you are about to launch into a tirade about how North Korea has literally done nothing wrong or whatever.

a country not having control of their own military during the war they are most likely to participate in is not a quirk

the US military literally had a base in the middle of downtown Seoul until 2 years ago

I'm not saying it's an Iraq style occupation, but the US is a dominant power over South Korea and that domination is in large part military.

people waving US flags literally came out in Seoul to protest the government there implementing social distancing
https://twitter.com/GalloVOA/status/1231098322871451648?s=20

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

“It’s been six months since the COVID-19 vaccination ended the two-year pandemic. Now as wards sit empty, a consortium of hospitals is suing the Chinese government for ’premature discontinuation’ of their must profitable customers.”

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

shovelbum posted:

The red states are going to be at a huge economic advantage after this right, bc they're heartless enough to just dismiss the corpse piles but a blue state would break down if you tried to speedrun
Yeah, but the red states survivors will be able to be counted on one hand.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

Depressing to have been on lockdown for like a month already in the pnw while the Bible belt superspreads for Jesus.

Especially the bible belt fucks keeping their grifting mega churches open the last few months.

Some fundies even sued the state of TX to to prevent legal enforcement of quarantines and social distancing.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lawman 0 posted:

Look on the bright side you'll be the first out to loot the post apocalyptic hellscape

That's one of the reasons I fled Texas, yes. Meanwhile, last I heard from my chud uncle is that it's too hot in Houston for the virus to live and he needed to go to the gun range and get some practice in because all these "idiots" buying guns don't know how to use them. I have an aunt who is a doctor in Alabama. f, rip, etc.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1245332726984704001

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
UK is already at 3K dead, how the hell is 20K realistic at all?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

a country not having control of their own military during the war they are most likely to participate in is not a quirk

the US military literally had a base in the middle of downtown Seoul until 2 years ago

I'm not saying it's an Iraq style occupation, but the US is a dominant power over South Korea and that domination is in large part military.

people waving US flags literally came out in Seoul to protest the government there implementing social distancing
https://twitter.com/GalloVOA/status/1231098322871451648?s=20

This "domination" (alliance) will not survive this crisis, full stop.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

shovelbum posted:

The red states other than like ohio will literally be non existent

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
At least the American century is finally over. That was a long 70 years.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Has any newspaper started calling it Trump's Wall?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

At least the American century is finally over. That was a long 70 years.

Not even a full century :sad:

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Can someone update that pic of the unemployment chart with Trump's signature?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lawman 0 posted:

The red states other than like ohio will literally be non existent

why, this thing has a ceiling of at worst 20%, skewing old as hell, and they're immune to the societal effects of mass casualties bc of religion

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rorobb posted:

I work as a contractor for a big tech company out here in the seattle area. my office is on the east side so not walkable at all and would require two buses to get to since I don’t have a car. because of some technical reasons I don’t fully understand, I need to connect my computer to the big tech company’s WiFi once a month or I lose trust and get locked out of application/documents that I need to do my job. I technically could request VPN access but for some reason my sponsor is super against that and my boss is telling me and my team to not do that. they were going to get us non-domaines laptops as an alternative but apparently they aren’t able to due to shortages now. they say we have to go in to the office and connect.

wtf do I do? rent a Zipcar and hope no one was spreading the corona in it before me? ride the bus? is it even legal to tell me to come in for this reason right now?

p sure thats against the governor's order
report them using his new website

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

a promise that won't need to be met because everyone will be dead by then

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

got any sevens posted:

p sure thats against the governor's order
report them using his new website

link

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy lmao those unemployment numbers

april off to a roaring start

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

shovelbum posted:

why, this thing has a ceiling of at worst 20%, skewing old as hell, and they're immune to the societal effects of mass casualties bc of religion

They are not immune at all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
extraordinarily powerful Live Laugh Love energy on this quote

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1245735181304172544

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lawman 0 posted:

They are not immune at all.

"it was just his time" "just the flu" "owned the libs" "god's will"

it's not a workforce-gutting plague like spanish flu

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

holy lmao those unemployment numbers

april off to a roaring start

The Dow Jones is actually UP.

NUMBER don't give a gently caress about unemployment anymore. It has become sentient and only craves for death.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

america deserves this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

D1E posted:

The Dow Jones is actually UP.

NUMBER don't give a gently caress about unemployment anymore. It has become sentient and only craves for death.

dow jones.......welcome to death crew

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

is this real is any of this real

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yeah, but the red states survivors will be able to be counted on one hand.

is this before or after the lack of epa restrictions increases the average number of fingers per hand?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

please cease posting anything pelosi says.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

The Glumslinger posted:

i hung my nancy pelosi live laugh love decorations across from the toilet so when i take a dump i can pretend im making policy decisions for nancy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's gonna be the greatest crack ping of all time for all sides when this country straight up collapses and everyone has to pick up the pieces.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

It's gonna be the greatest crack ping of all time for all sides when this country straight up collapses and everyone has to pick up the pieces.

Why?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

What do you mean?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
I aint picking up poo poo I had nothing to do with this (said everyone in America)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1245565387917463557

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

its in the seattle thread, like a page or 2 back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shovelbum posted:

eh the blue states have large enough populations to absorb the losses and are economically diversified enough to avoid having make-or-break sectors with outsized exposure to a pandemic risk

red states often have larger disabled/retired populations, a larger dependence on regressive taxes like sales taxes, a bunch of long term obligations ('incentives' to get factories built for example) to businesses, disproportionate reliance on sectors that are really badly exposed to externalities like tourism and petroleum, etc