Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uh. So this says 209 new fatalities for Florida? Is that a typo? https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

xrunner posted:

Uh. So this says 209 new fatalities for Florida? Is that a typo? https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

dang

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol we're hitting 20,000 confirmed cases already today while our testing capacity is flatlining :crnasickos:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

At least fight for your region

im wondering how well my rural farm community could do if we all pitch in on a big garden and produce some poo poo to get everyone fed for a winter

thinking i might just try to join an amish community

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

xrunner posted:

It's a typo. Show same number of cases and fatalities for FL and LA, I assume some wire got crossed

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

This map is misleading and is deliberately being used to blame black people in the south another map that factors in people having to travel because the store they go to is more than 8 Miles shows that the spread is in fact everywhere what this map fails to factor in is that most of that is rural country and most people have to travel more than 2 miles just to run errands

I know the south is hosed but it's not entirely their fault

it's the fault of the governors for not shutting poo poo down, plenty of rural states have locked down already.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

The red states are going to be at a huge economic advantage after this right, bc they're heartless enough to just dismiss the corpse piles but a blue state would break down if you tried to speedrun

the red states have very few major hospitals and many of the smaller regional facilities have gone under in the last 10 years. I think the rural regions will be at least as badly affected, it'll just be a slower burn

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

That actually looks like a pretty weak correlation

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245760199639609345
:thumbsup:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

xrunner posted:

It will be real soon

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

upgunned shitpost posted:

twoday for top boss at the WHO!

I could never fill the shoes of Roger Daltrey

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

1000 dead a day from now on. Seems good.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

xrunner posted:

Florida man is going to be a thing of the past soon.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

LimburgLimbo posted:

There’s no such thing as discouraging trouble by pulling a gun out, from both a legal and practical perspective. If a gun is pulled it’s because someone’s death is imminent and a .22lr is inherently insufficient for that. To be really frank if you have have a different impression I can also only but doubt that you know how to shoot defensively as it’s way different from putting some holes in paper

check out this sissy with little bitch-mode arms afraid to pistol whip a muthafuck.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

LimburgLimbo posted:

There’s no such thing as discouraging trouble by pulling a gun out, from both a legal and practical perspective. If a gun is pulled it’s because someone’s death is imminent and a .22lr is inherently insufficient for that. To be really frank if you have have a different impression I can also only but doubt that you know how to shoot defensively as it’s way different from putting some holes in paper

A fair amount of ink has been spilt regarding the lethality of a .22lr. it has this whimsical ability to ricochet off bones rather then lodging in them or blowing them out. Often times a soft tissue entry in the body will plink around internally causing multiple organ damage rather than 1 really big hole. Either way, you tend to bleed out unless it's a headshot, in which case, under duress you probably "know how to shoot".
Additionally more deer in this country anyway have been felled with a 22 than any other cartridge when shooting was common and before people thought they needed giant sniper grade rifles to down a deer.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I think Florida’s number was supposed to be 27

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/nellucnhoj/status/1245420323522174977?s=20
+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiYmCVikjo

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

yesterday was 88 new deaths...

total deaths increased 50%...

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

Der Meister posted:

is this real is any of this real

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/njdotcom/status/1245764636496060416

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
my anti-gun wife is suddenly warming up to the idea of buying a weapon. Definitely would get a rifle over a pistol for the lower chance of accident/suicide. Especially with our young kids in the house. Maybe a nice lil AR15 carbine

I promise I'll never go Full TGR. I swear on my life

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

IAMKOREA posted:

lol @ .22lr being "inherently insufficient" for death. go 2 palestine, noob

edit: (also turn into a palestinian child, then die, from an israeli 22lr shot from a loving ruger 10/22 lol)

An aggressor can also die from a bad fall but I wouldn’t recommend relying upon it for self defense

FAUXTON posted:

lol at the stopping power myth

That you think this is a stopping power argument is in itself proof that you’re out of your depth dude. .22lr is inherently much less reliable (much less power to cycle an action, rim fire inherently less reliable than center fire) which is the main concern. That being said terminal ballistics are an actual science and while . 22lr will absolutely kill someone if it hits a major organ it just plain doesn’t have the cavitation of a 9mm which has 3x or more the energy (edit: variations there for especially hot/soft loads but generally speaking), before even considering that reliable HP in .22lr is basically not a thing, etc.

This is also not a machismo thing at all; you should always be running away and de-escalating any conflict but a .22lr is drat near the tipping point where you’re arguably putting yourself in more danger by having one and having it give you false confidence.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

there is going to be an increase in murders and absolutely no way to verify them because 99% of the dead are not going to be autopsied

how many elderly people are going to be smothered by their own children

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you know it's serious when they break out the purple dots

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Basic Poster posted:

A fair amount of ink has been spilt regarding the lethality of a .22lr. it has this whimsical ability to ricochet off bones rather then lodging in them or blowing them out. Often times a soft tissue entry in the body will plink around internally causing multiple organ damage rather than 1 really big hole. Either way, you tend to bleed out unless it's a headshot, in which case, under duress you probably "know how to shoot".
Additionally more deer in this country anyway have been felled with a 22 than any other cartridge when shooting was common and before people thought they needed giant sniper grade rifles to down a deer.

Jesus Christ stop while you’re... behind?

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

my anti-gun wife is suddenly warming up to the idea of buying a weapon. Definitely would get a rifle over a pistol for the lower chance of accident/suicide. Especially with our young kids in the house. Maybe a nice lil AR15 carbine

I promise I'll never go Full TGR. I swear on my life

so that you can murder your neighbors? like your wife isn't planning on using guns for good (killing cops), right? lol americans are so loving weird

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

twoday
May 4, 2005

is this thing even connected to anything? Is it just a random number generator?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

It must be nice looking on a local, microlevel during global collapse

I take good news where I can get it.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

LimburgLimbo posted:

An aggressor can also die from a bad fall but I wouldn’t recommend relying upon it for self defense

That you think this is a stopping power argument is in itself proof that you’re out of your depth dude. .22lr is inherently much less reliable (much less power to cycle an action, rim fire inherently less reliable than center fire) which is the main concern. That being said terminal ballistics are an actual science and while . 22lr will absolutely kill someone if it hits a major organ it just plain doesn’t have the cavitation of a 9mm which has 3x or more the energy (edit: variations there for especially hot/soft loads but generally speaking), before even considering that reliable HP in .22lr is basically not a thing, etc.

This is also not a machismo thing at all; you should always be running away and de-escalating any conflict but a .22lr is drat near the tipping point where you’re arguably putting yourself in more danger by having one and having it give you false confidence.

:goofy:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

LimburgLimbo posted:

Jesus Christ stop while you’re... behind?

Oh no, how did I get so owned

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

IAMKOREA posted:

so that you can murder your neighbors? like your wife isn't planning on using guns for good (killing cops), right? lol americans are so loving weird

if the virus hits our neighborhood we can magdump into th sky and hopefully take some of the viruses down

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
22LR is about a billion times better than a knife or nothing and if you don't believe that you're an idiot

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AbcarianLAT/status/1245764673997123592

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

IAMKOREA posted:

most people think that the world goes full walking dead the second the economy collapses

its hard not to worry about when the people that own all the guns get excited by the idea... hopefully they are just cowards, but even cowards get desperate

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
plinking targets with a 22 is very cool and good and relaxing and I recommend it highly

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
of course you need a gun, what else are you supposed to jack off to when the internet goes down?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

NofrikinfuN posted:

how many elderly people are going to be smothered by their own children

hell it's why we took the kids' pillows away

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

your online presence is your only presence right now

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

https://twitter.com/lisalsong/status/1245744201029111809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Crusader posted:

dude trying to be the t-shirt

police are not emergency workers and they never will be

please let the professionals handle poo poo when it goes south. they know how to keep collected and not kill anyone while under duress in some sort of danger that one guy gave me a weird look :)