Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
FL numbers are fixed on Worldtracker, they were right on NYT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

my uncle who worked at nintendo has passed away from coronavirus

he was the one who programmed it so if you plugged in the lightgun while playing Punch Out! you could shoot Mike Tyson and he would die

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

florida numbers got corrected, down to 27 deaths today

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

sum posted:

Every leftist gun own covers it with the same dumbass Karl Marx quote from the 1850s and appeals to Mao or whoever but 90% of the time they're some white collar middle class dumbass and 100% of the time they're cosplayers not actually serious about shooting cops and certainly not serious about organizing an actual loving insurgency.

and 0.0001% of the time their name is Willem van Spronsen and we will BEAR WITNESS

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

thread doin well this am

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

IAMKOREA posted:

i loving hate these masks they fog up my glasses and smell like old socks (because i made mine out of an old sock I didn't wash first)

stupid coronavirus i hate this poo poo

If you're fogging up it means your seal is poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how Deranged DeSantis is trying pitch the idea that all the problems are coming from other states as a Trumpian like projection tactic.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Rynn posted:

I once read a Baltimore homicide detective's take on 9mm vs .22 years ago. He said that they had more murder cases from .22 handguns than 9mm because the 9mm would be more likely to penetrate the body, whereas the .22 shell would bounce around inside the body or head and cause a shitload of damage. I have a .22 myself for home defense as well as a shotgun.

that is a two cent urban legend and gently caress you for spreading it. they see more .22 because .22 is cheap and quiet and 95% of retailers don't think of it as a Murder Caliber.

if you are not rich and white and you shoot somebody with a .22 you will be sued for 100 billion dollars by either them or their estate on the grounds that you wanted to shoot to maim. they will ruin your life and make it so that you wish you lost that gunfight years ago

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

yeah, a .22 is better than nothing but sooner than later you're gonna want either an AS Val special assault rifle or a VSS vintorez in 9x39mm machined tungsten carbide cored subsonic ammunition, which not only is your ONLY reliable way of taking out an attacker wearing an armored exoskeleton, but it also has the stopping power to take down mutants in a pinch, and it produces no muzzle flash or supersonic crack, making it a very effective commando weapon. The only downside is it doesn't have an available grenade launcher attachment, meaning that you might be in trouble if you run into a pseudogiant, so you'll want to keep an AN-94 Abakan (which has a special 2 round burst mode in which the second round will leave the barrel before the recoil is felt by the shooter, allowing both rounds to hit in the exact same spot and penetrate all known body armor) with an attached GP-25 grenade launcher, and maybe an RPG-29 if you can find one.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sum posted:

Every leftist gun own covers it with the same dumbass Karl Marx quote from the 1850s and appeals to Mao or whoever but 90% of the time they're some white collar middle class dumbass and 100% of the time they're cosplayers not actually serious about shooting cops and certainly not serious about organizing an actual loving insurgency.

but if i join an insurgency then i'll have less time to post

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

bedpan posted:

btw, the gun isn't to protect yourself, it is to use on yourself if things ever get to that point

I don't think that's the intent of the people buying hundreds of rounds of ammo.

Unless they are planning something REALLY needlessly elaborate, that is.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You're thinking .223 for deer hunting which is a centerfire round

the extra 0.003 makes a big difference

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Today the Danish parliament doubled the penalty for covering your face in public gatherings, up to a year in prison.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Google Butt posted:

If you're fogging up it means your seal is poo poo

yeah dude because my mask (legally compulsory here) is made from a loving old sock i cut up lol duh

but the motto here is 'my mask protects you and your mask protects me' and i feel my old sock is doin a good job regardless of fogging up my glasses

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

its also the most abundant ammo and capable of hunting small game so unless your only goal is to murder people as efficiently as possible, its probably the best combination of utility and deterrent

FistEnergy posted:

yeah a Ruger 10/22 is probably the Correct choice for price/utility. AR15 is probably overkill if I'm being honest with myself

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You're thinking .223 for deer hunting which is a centerfire round

.22lr will kill things and is still used by poachers etc.

Modern mandating of larger cartridges for medium game (aka deer etc.) hunting is more due to the idea of the ideal of a clean instant kill shot; basically near the heart or lungs by a larger caliber round. A .22lr will usually kill a deer (or human)... eventually. Maybe after a few hours or a day or whatever and you have to track them while they die, which is why it’s usually not allowed for hunting (maybe in some states it’s allowed but dunno).

If society were to break down a .22lr will do fine for subsistence hunting. Not good for people because instead of being able to track them down as they die they may track you down.

But society isn’t going to break down over COVID. Except maybe in America because it’s a garbage country.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Almost there!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the extra 0.003 makes a big difference

The additional propellent, weight, and jacket certainly do.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQSo5VCJic

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

etalian posted:

lmao how Deranged DeSantis is trying pitch the idea that all the problems are coming from other states as a Trumpian like projection tactic.

its totally gonna work

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SplitSoul posted:

Today the Danish parliament doubled the penalty for covering your face in public gatherings, up to a year in prison.

incredible

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Vishass posted:

my uncle who worked at nintendo has passed away from coronavirus

he was the one who programmed it so if you plugged in the lightgun while playing Punch Out! you could shoot Mike Tyson and he would die

ahhh gently caress, really sorry man, he was my idol too

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ughheeeeeeefff so close

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

pancake rabbit posted:

stacy's mom
had covid all along
she got too close
and now i'm achin' in both lungs

Oh drat

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010

A Russian troll farm posted:

yeah, a .22 is better than nothing but sooner than later you're gonna want either an AS Val special assault rifle or a VSS vintorez in 9x39mm machined tungsten carbide cored subsonic ammunition, which not only is your ONLY reliable way of taking out an attacker wearing an armored exoskeleton, but it also has the stopping power to take down mutants in a pinch, and it produces no muzzle flash or supersonic crack, making it a very effective commando weapon. The only downside is it doesn't have an available grenade launcher attachment, meaning that you might be in trouble if you run into a pseudogiant, so you'll want to keep an AN-94 Abakan (which has a special 2 round burst mode in which the second round will leave the barrel before the recoil is felt by the shooter, allowing both rounds to hit in the exact same spot and penetrate all known body armor) with an attached GP-25 grenade launcher, and maybe an RPG-29 if you can find one.

Thank you

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

get the gently caress out of here with gunchat

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

world is a gently caress

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

cash crab posted:

ughheeeeeeefff so close

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245767589894160390?s=20

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Rynn posted:

I once read a Baltimore homicide detective's take on 9mm vs .22 years ago. He said that they had more murder cases from .22 handguns than 9mm because the 9mm would be more likely to penetrate the body, whereas the .22 shell would bounce around inside the body or head and cause a shitload of damage. I have a .22 myself for home defense as well as a shotgun.

You are a shining example of American gun culture

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

it's working. my inlaws wouldn't shut up about the idiot new yorkers bringing cases in right after telling us about their rich friends all jetting in to come home from europe in the last 3 weeks or that community spread has been evident for like a month

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

no thread is safe from the perennial "22lr for defense" round derail

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A Russian troll farm posted:

lol if u havent reached the wish granter with just a makarov

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SplitSoul posted:

real galaxy brain poo poo to fine people for wearing masks during a pandemic, lets see how it works out for them joe

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
American gun murder fantasies should be spun out in its own thread

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Self Defense Fantasies

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Over 1,000,000 Served

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

https://twitter.com/engineers_feed/status/1245010273074909186

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

HycoCam posted:

Not humanely. It is going to take the ability/skill/luck to shoot the eye out of dime if you're going to kill most varmints with a air gun.

ugh i dont wanna shoot critters in the first place :smith:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Lambert posted:

american murder fantasies are directly responsible for the federal/florida/georgia response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lambert posted:

yeah we already have a forum for gunmurder