Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Dustcat posted:

here's an interesting article saying the toilet paper shortage might not just be due to hoarding but because people having to poop at home means they actually need more tp now

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1245771832353062912

people apparently use way too much loving TP

A giant 18 pack should last your family a long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1245803595993427970?s=20

oh man who knew? rofl

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Homeless Friend posted:

tho i dunno how you have no blood flow/oxygen and survive a ambulance ride long enough not to experience brain death

They don't pronounce in the field in New York?

Maryland has had us pronouncing in the field after unsuccessful CPR since like 2016

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lol if you don't chant the mantra of the medicine buddha in front of a glass of water to bless the water then drink it to protect yourself from Coronavirus.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
last of us 2 delayed indefinitely????????????

coronavirus what have you wrought??

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

independent contractors don't qualify for the stimulus checks right?

if you have social security and file taxes u will get it, so long as you don't make >95K or >150k couple

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Soy Division posted:

korean supermarket trip report: almost fully stocked, beer selection unaffected, even had toilet paper and (overpriced) masks, maybe two dozen shoppers total

A++ will shop again

same but halal market

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

independent contractors don't qualify for the stimulus checks right?

Supposedly they do. However, they don't qualify for UI so they don't get the unemployment bonus. The CARE act supposedly will allow them to qualify for UI but states are saying they're waiting on "guidance" from the department of labor on how to proceed before they implement it. I wouldn't bet on the guidance ever coming.

edit: also yes, you have to file taxes this year, and if you have no federal tax burden, whatever that technically means, you only get 600.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Lol if you don't chant the mantra of the medicine buddha in front of a glass of water to bless the water then drink it to protect yourself from Coronavirus.

Logyonma/Parnashavari also good for this

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Doorknob Slobber posted:

dont worry, the last of us is approaching at an exponential growth rate

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

This is good, but I am after the one that tracks testing #s

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what IS a goon to a goblin?

blandular
Aug 22, 2004

i found something about that on the IRS website

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

so i'm sure that will go well and smoothly

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

yeah, franchises have been able to apply for "small business loans" on the grounds that the location is a small business, it's just that the corporation which is a separate business gets a cut, since forever

It's absolutely what no one thinks of when the phrase "small business" is said, on top of the cutoff being above 500 employees nowadays, because whenever Congress talks about small businesses being competitive with megacorporations, it's always about lifting small-to-medium businesses up at the expense of workers instead of bringing the megacorporations down relative to workers

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
America is loving trash.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mummy Xzibit posted:

America is loving trash.

:hai:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I'm glad Kemp is getting dragged everywhere for his dipshit answer, but when the very first question was like "wtf are you talking about" his and his medical person's nuanced answer sounded like word salad that implied "the people in rural GA who voted for me hadn't seen any cases but now they're all about to all die so..."

This is literally it: GA hospitals in bumfuck sent him a letter yesterday like "hey we know your chuddy mayors and state congress people have been its-the-fluing but just a FYI half the hospitals out here closed 6 years ago when the last governor didn't expand medicare and the surviving hospitals have enough capacity/staff/equipment for about 1.5 to 2 weeks before we start digging a hole on the edge of town to toss the bodies in"

GOP here doesn't give a gently caress about Atlanta.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

do you ever get distracted and completely forget about the pandemic and feel like everything everything is normal for a little while? and then you remember that there is a pandemic and you start feeling terrible and freaking out?

Yeah when I wake up and I go oh gently caress the plague is out there. Also I get depressed when I look at my calendar and know that all my events have been cancelled.

I got word about an acquaintance who's hospitalized for about 2 weeks now. He's someone who has has worked with me on some small projects on and I feel gutted right now.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kat__stafford/status/1245797231401283584

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'm from the future. Wait till you hear about Cyberpunk.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

1024x768 posted:

This is good, but I am after the one that tracks testing #s

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html

This maybe?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

a.lo posted:

and that kid turned out to be

president XI!!!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Mummy Xzibit posted:

America is loving trash.

:hmmyes:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's genocide, but in a radiation therapy kind of way that involves claiming it isn't intentional because regular cells are dying, too

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bearjew posted:

you don't need lungs to post

*laying in the covid ward, trapped in a ventilator, signaling the nurse to log in and post TRONP for me*

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vishass posted:

I'm glad Kemp is getting dragged everywhere for his dipshit answer, but when the very first question was like "wtf are you talking about" his and his medical person's nuanced answer sounded like word salad that implied "the people in rural GA who voted for me hadn't seen any cases but now they're all about to all die so..."

This is literally it: GA hospitals in bumfuck sent him a letter yesterday like "hey we know your chuddy mayors and state congress people have been its-the-fluing but just a FYI half the hospitals out here closed 6 years ago when the last governor didn't expand medicare and the surviving hospitals have enough capacity/staff/equipment for about 1.5 to 2 weeks before we start digging a hole on the edge of town to toss the bodies in"

GOP here doesn't give a gently caress about Atlanta.

i'm out in rural georgia and i can confirm that people have no idea what's coming. no one is taking it seriously, every person at every level of government hates that we're going into lockdown, and the people just could not give a poo poo. now for some people, mostly poor people, this makes sense because they work their asses off in agriculture and retail jobs and have to or they'll literally die. but the "middle-class" and rich people who are still proudly shaking hands and going to church and poo poo are going to be the ones overwhelming our lone, bankrupt hospital cutting ahead of the working people they infected with their carelessness

i had to go out to pick up some groceries today and i went with a homemade mask and some medical gloves and the cashier asked me how to make a mask. two weeks ago they were calling me crazy for just staying 6 feet away from people

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man i just can't focus at all on work today

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

twoday posted:

do you ever get distracted and completely forget about the pandemic and feel like everything everything is normal for a little while? and then you remember that there is a pandemic and you start feeling terrible and freaking out?

I've been fine. Trying to trick my brain into believing everyone I know is being smart

Then I'll talk to co-workers on work chat and one is like "will I get in trouble during shelter in place for secretly visiting my girlfriend a few times a week" or "my roommate keeps going out paryting" and lol ok is there going to be a memorial wall at work next year.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

U-DO Burger posted:

man i just can't focus at all on work today

Society is crumbling and I have all this paperwork!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/samanthajgross/status/1245816700102160387

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Louisville doctor of Korean descent says he was kicked out of Indiana gas station because of his race and fears over COVID-19

quote:

A Louisville doctor of Korean descent said he was kicked out of a gas station in Martinsville, Indiana, because of his race and fears over COVID-19.

David, a Louisville-born cancer doctor who asked he be identified only by his first name, said he went to a gas station in Martinsville, about 30 miles southwest of Indianapolis Friday.

An employee at the station yelled at him, the doctor said, and prevented him from coming inside because of his race and fears over the novel coronavirus.

"He was very angry and told me to get out,” David said. “I wasn't allowed to buy anything there, I'm not allowed to use the bathroom there, never come back, don't ever come back. In a very violent and hateful way."

A gas station employee told police that the business was trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus and would not allow people of Chinese descent inside the store.

David was born in Louisville and is of Korean descent.

Police have advised the business against that kind of behavior.

The Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on factors including race.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good loving riddance I hope he chokes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

every chud church in Florida is going to be a case study exactly like that choir practice outside of Seattle, only all the pastors won't even be doing distancing and no contact lmao

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Taintrunner posted:

Good loving riddance I hope he chokes.

c-carol baskin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

comorbidities

like all things, covid 19 is also a class struggle