Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

CPA Hell posted:

tomorrow night I’m making that instapot chili con carne someone posted in here like a month ago.

10/10 would recommend. Really delicious and crazy easy.

Edit:

My Chinese dog in honor of a Chinese virus.

Zisky has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Gio posted:

and MI has some of the lowest rates of testing, too. we’re hosed.

Politico's saying that Whitmer's being considered as Biden's running mate right now. Falling up.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Jimong5 posted:

None of this refutes a theory of density though. Like that dense band of white people along the lake up through Shorewood are showing up as red areas on the cases map. Same thing with dense, white suburbs like Whitefish Bay and West Allis.

those dense areas in whitefish bay and shorewood show a reduction, though, for some odd reason

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best thing about quarantine is making weird food like substitute standard arepas

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The infuriating part of all this ppe and ventilator production coming online at such a glacial pace and won't be ready for several months when it's no longer a critical short supply because everyone is dead is that this the poo poo that needed to be done 3 months ago not now. Media will completely ignore this entirely and hold the piss bucket for trimp saying how he's such a decisive war time leader that got private industry to respond and saved lives that would have died otherwise.

They'll still do this even though all this new production is still going to be way below what we needed anyway because it's all just grifter PR horseshit for these companies eg. Musks cpaps.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Morbus posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but if someone's heart stops, paramedics arrive, attempt CPR, and fail...what's the point of driving the person who has now been dead for like 20+ minutes to an emergency room? Even under normal circumstances?

medics generally dont call death unless it is extremely obvious they are far beyond saving (rogormortis, decomposing, head is half a mile from the rest of the body). cpr is working to send oxygenated blood to organs whether or not the person "comes back" at the site. basically they'll push meds and keep the brain and other organs at least partially oxygenated until some other options present themselves at a hospital. there is machinery to do chest compressions until they get to the hospital so the medics can tell the trauma team what they are reporting as symptoms. Also, they can shock cardiac patients.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1245845212594929664?s=20

Pence is going to max out his personal credit card to pay for tests

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hahaha christ

https://twitter.com/farmedjoy/status/1245786698145058816

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
this could be trouble

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1245325838142377985?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

basically, tv cpr might be semi representative of a drowning victim coughing up water and going about their life, but cardiac issues you throw the medical/physical/chemical sink at them until you're sure they're dead

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

aren't the ultra orthodox chuds coughing all over each other on purpose like the american chuds?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Scott Forstall posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1245457959829864448?s=20

lol, boomers shouldn't be allowed to vote or hold office.

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/vulture/status/1245795102540382209

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Sharkie posted:

vaguely related but i'm kind of starting to resent those "oh no we've been at home for two weeks and we're going crazy! look at this quirky birdhouse we built, we sure are losing our minds lol!" posts.

You're fine. Shut up. You're not "going crazy" from not going out to eat for two solid weeks. Poor you. Get back to me about social isolation when depression breaks your brain and you become unable to communicate or even cross your bedroom to sip from the water that's been on your dresser for the past three days.

I know it's sour grapes but something about that type of posting (and i mean on twitter mostly) really bugs me.

agred 100%

i try to tell myself these people are adopting this Posting Attitude because it's funny or enjoyable or something but deep down i know that like 80% of this country is petulant children

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

VectorSigma posted:

those dense areas in whitefish bay and shorewood show a reduction, though, for some odd reason

It seems to be a heat map, so its just saying that things are getting worse quicker in the city than in the suburbs. In the inner city and on the east side you are going to see more public transit use due to socioeconomic/lifestyle factors, and you can see the cases worsening. The density of those areas also mean more interactions with public buildings. The suburbs on the other hand have cars to use and can self quarantine easier, and probably have better access to services like grocery pickup/delivery. The ability to telecommute is also a factor.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Israel is also loving trash.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Dax's new host is adorable.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Personally love the millionaires giving me a glimpse into their giant mansions during lockdown.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i'm rewatching outbreak and it's an utterly unbelievable movie in that it suggests the military would be deployed and a strict quarantine would be applied after 10-50 dead americans rather than 200000

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

healthcare workers in full PPE, laughable

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Parks and Recreation actually had a "pandemic" drill in one of the episodes. The plot dictated that they just intentionally destroyed the entire town instead so that they could go to a party. Seems really appropriate.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

eyyyyyyyyyy, da worlds-a biggest cannoli
:crnasickos:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Eat This Glob posted:

medics generally dont call death unless it is extremely obvious they are far beyond saving (rogormortis, decomposing, head is half a mile from the rest of the body). cpr is working to send oxygenated blood to organs whether or not the person "comes back" at the site. basically they'll push meds and keep the brain and other organs at least partially oxygenated until some other options present themselves at a hospital. there is machinery to do chest compressions until they get to the hospital so the medics can tell the trauma team what they are reporting as symptoms. Also, they can shock cardiac patients.

This is how it used to be. Now I'm pretty sure most states are doing high performance CPR. At least in my state, you don't interrupt compressions to package for transport or even to get an advanced airway. You do CPR until you either get return of spontaneous circulation or you do 15 2 minute cycles with no shockable rhythm at the end (for ALS) or if the last 5 cycles have given you "no shock advised" on the AED (for BLS). If you do get ROSC you package and transport. If you get no shockable rhythms you call it and pronounce in the field.

There are some exceptions like for hypothermia or for visibly pregnant women but for the most part the evidence is if you can't get someone back with CPR in the field there's nothing they can do in the hospital.

Edit: Medics throw all their ALS stuff at it during the uninterrupted CPR - like it's not just CPR, they do their full thing, but it's not longer a race to the hospital thing because the evidence says you get the best outcomes by staying and playing for at least 30 minutes.

Paramemetic has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Apr 3, 2020

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Animal-Mother posted:

Sisko grabbing his baseball and saying "C'mon old man...let's go play fetch" :3:

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

lol all the writers who wrote so much they got some buried under a 'read the rest here' link.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

finally, a magic card guaranteed to be worth a fortune

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I was gonna make fun of this for being fan fiction, but it's literally the creators of the shows writing in

wtf

the Boys one is probably the best?

quote:

Homelander: We are Americans! Would John Wayne be scared of a flu? No! So get out there and spend money! Make sure our stock market flourishes! And if a few million elderly people die, well, Grandma and Grandpa are making a heroic sacrifice for America! I’ll see all of you out at Easter

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this surely will not backfire and ravage their orthodox population, no siree bob

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Showing DS9 to my wife after we got our dog has been really fun.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

cash crab posted:

i'm rewatching outbreak and it's an utterly unbelievable movie in that it suggests the military would be deployed and a strict quarantine would be applied after 10-50 dead americans rather than 200000

Yeah we watched this the other day and I was just dying laughing at how effective everyone was.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1245837992809377794?s=20

According to BNO's count the US is five deaths away from 6,000.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

wait are godzilla kaiju now cannon in the MTG universe?? WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING IN 2020!!?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Coach Taylor still the best

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1232768060093878274

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

oh my god

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

basically, tv cpr might be semi representative of a drowning victim coughing up water and going about their life, but cardiac issues you throw the medical/physical/chemical sink at them until you're sure they're dead

they should give emts a big bow tie like in those Lexus commercials and instead of cpr they just slap one of those on you and leave you on the kitchen floor

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

that cycling ability. i cant

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hahahahahaha gently caress that owns i need to start playing magic again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

STATEMENT ON SPACE GODZILLA would be a great thread title