Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Farm Frenzy posted:

how can you say this in the middle of this of all threads lol

the circular firing squad must remain ever vigilant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Hardon Crime posted:

i used to play a sick pox deck

My cousin had this card in the 90s (ice age?) And it owned, love the cards that just gently caress everybody

I used to use that goddamn disc artifact that killed everything lol

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Son of Man posted:

My cousin had this card in the 90s (ice age?) And it owned, love the cards that just gently caress everybody

I used to use that goddamn disc artifact that killed everything lol

yeah that card was good

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

friendly 2 da void posted:

millions of ppl have to exist in worse conditions (prison, backbreaking stoop labor, working in a chicken plant) every day of their lives and they don't all "go crazy"

the twitter "haha we're all cracking up!!!" stuff is performative nonsense and you know it

is this a real take or

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

RedneckwithGuns posted:

It's going to be months to a year before testing becomes ubiquitous enough for the testing bias is a small enough factor to get a real idea of the true CFR.

oh definitely, it's just shocking how high it is given that it sounds like literally everyone in europe and america have caught it so far based on actual testing elsewhere

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Hardon Crime posted:

why.... is godzilla in magic the gathering now?

Yeah what the heck how does WotC have the rights to that? There is a used game shop in Seattle that used to be called Pink Godzilla, but they got a cease and desist and had to change their name to Pink Gorilla.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Hardon Crime posted:

why.... is godzilla in magic the gathering now?

they got nukes in the magic universe and godzillas are born in them

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Serf posted:

i've already got people in my work group calling this the greatest depression

given our historical nomenclature i think this is called World Depression II

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I think it will be called the Covid-19 Depression in order to attempt to make it seem like capitalism isn't culpable

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Marx Headroom posted:

the circular firing squad must remain ever vigilant

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Over Easy posted:

I think it will be called the Covid-19 Depression in order to attempt to make it seem like capitalism isn't culpable

the chinese flu depression

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I really can’t see how they can disobey literal dogma without being fakers, heretics, apostate, ect so I’m on team “ya gotta do it”.

what's funny is that it's rod dreher and ross douthat of all drat people on the "we have to disobey dogma or they will scapegoat us and then take away our ability to say gay people are evil" train

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Over Easy posted:

Xaris posted:

the chinese flu depression

C-19 depression, there are very fine people on both sides thank you very much!!

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Gio posted:

and MI has some of the lowest rates of testing, too. we’re hosed.

Michigan was always going to get turbofucked by this. Old, poor, uneducated state that only ever voted blue due to the auto unions. High rates of drug use, obesity, and poor health. Massive cultural split between urban and suburban areas, which especially blows because most of the hospitals in Metro Detroit are in the suburbs. Detroit proper has like two or three real hospitals to handle a population of about one million.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah what the heck how does WotC have the rights to that? There is a used game shop in Seattle that used to be called Pink Godzilla, but they got a cease and desist and had to change their name to Pink Gorilla.

well see this is a Spacegodzilla, it's totally different from a Godzilla

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Crazypoops posted:

I love how religion just used to just make up rules for humanity's survival like not eating pork(parasites) etc, but now we are completely immovable as a species and we will die in our best suits at church listening to how gays prevented our wet lord from saving us

Remains me how suicide had to be declared a sin in I think the third century because a ton of people realized they could game the rules by killing themselves after having their sins absolved to immediately get into Heaven.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Also

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the great (good) trump did a good job depression

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Paramemetic posted:

well see this is a Spacegodzilla, it's totally different from a Godzilla

give someone a lot of drugs and then tell them COVID-19 is a spacegodzilla attacking new york city. show them the news, it's real!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sharkie posted:

vaguely related but i'm kind of starting to resent those "oh no we've been at home for two weeks and we're going crazy! look at this quirky birdhouse we built, we sure are losing our minds lol!" posts.

You're fine. Shut up. You're not "going crazy" from not going out to eat for two solid weeks. Poor you. Get back to me about social isolation when depression breaks your brain and you become unable to communicate or even cross your bedroom to sip from the water that's been on your dresser for the past three days.

I know it's sour grapes but something about that type of posting (and i mean on twitter mostly) really bugs me.

Jonny 290 posted:

all of the people posting smug "heh 'working from home' aka pulling my pud and doing nothing" poo poo is really opening my eyes to how unnecessary 90% of white collar employees are

i'm not saying i'm an essential worker or an emt, but i've been busier than ever the past 3 weeks. what the gently caress do you people do all day in the office

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...avirus-outbreak

quote:

Earlier this week, a Tampa pastor was arrested after defying state and county emergency restrictions regarding the coronavirus pandemic, but now an executive order issued today from Gov. Ron DeSantis says attending church services in person is perfectly fine.

After weeks of criticism from lawmakers and the public, DeSantis finally announced an executive order calling for a statewide 30-day stay-at-home order to go into effect this Friday; the order limits movement only to essential businesses and essential activities.

The order, which you can read for yourself right here, also lists essential activities that are permitted during the 30-day period, and includes things like exercising, taking care of pets, assisting a loved one, and "religious services conducted in churches, synagogues and houses of worship."

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Lacrosse posted:

WotC is owned by Hasbro, which I guess has the toy rights to Godzilla

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm just making sure my kids stay alive. I wish I could go back to work.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm a Godzilla junkie but forgot SpaceG's weapon was Corona Beam, damnit

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

I love how religion just used to just make up rules for humanity's survival like not eating pork(parasites) etc, but now we are completely immovable as a species and we will die in our best suits at church listening to how gays prevented our wet lord from saving us

most actual religious people will just improvise its just the boomer death cults and nerds who converted to catholicism from atheism while getting their second philosophy PHD that are having trouble

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

fermun posted:

https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/ which breaks down days as going 5:01pm EDT the day before to 5:00 pm EDT the day of gives the actual amount of tests done
Thurs March 26 - 16,797 positives, 97,806 tests, 17.2% positive results
Fri March 27 - 18,678 positives, 107,295 tests, 17.4% positive results
Sat March 28 - 18,821 positives, 109,071 tests, 17.3% positive results
Sun March 29 - 20,827 positives, 95,647 tests, 21.8% positive results
Mon March 30 - 21,469 positives, 113,503 tests, 18.9% positive results
Tues March 31 - 24,240 positives, 104,117 tests, 23.3% positive results
Wed April 1 - 26,000 positives, 100,989 tests, 25.8% positive results

Thurs April 2 - 28,239 positives, 117,689 tests, 24.0% positive results

lol, we're never gonna know how many people in the US died of this because there's nowhere near enough testing.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysteriousStranger posted:

what's funny is that it's rod dreher and ross douthat of all drat people on the "we have to disobey dogma or they will scapegoat us and then take away our ability to say gay people are evil" train

Well dude it’s extremely obvious that rod is one bad day away from sacrificing all the poo poo he pretends to believe on the alter of shooting his cum to sissy hypnosis and extreme fetish poo poo.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SchrodingersCat posted:

Michigan was always going to get turbofucked by this. Old, poor, uneducated state that only ever voted blue due to the auto unions. High rates of drug use, obesity, and poor health. Massive cultural split between urban and suburban areas, which especially blows because most of the hospitals in Metro Detroit are in the suburbs. Detroit proper has like two or three real hospitals to handle a population of about one million.

At least anecdotally it seems to be ripping up the Detroit burbs first ftw

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

my mom (who lives in downeast NC) just found out that her neighbors daughter who works in a hospital and lives in Raleigh just got tested is basically certain to have the roni

she hadn't visited recently so I guess that is good

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

It's almost like a good 70-80% of jobs are actually just make-work bullshit that no one needs to do except that ~everyone needs a job~

We should come out of this with a 20 hour workweek and a 40k minimum basic income, but lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1245857853086154752

WELCOME TO THE RUGBYZONE

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
gov inslee just extended washington state's 'stay home' directive to may 5th

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

rugby sevens from 2016 made me a fan, ngl

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Paramemetic posted:

Mormons running victory laps with their whole living prophet / ongoing revelation thing while other churches scramble to figure out how to contend with changing situations

I mean, the apocalypse bunkers full of food and supplies are paying off as well right now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rugby's good

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

will there be a spacegodzilla on the rugby island?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

It's almost like a good 70-80% of jobs are actually just make-work bullshit that no one needs to do except that ~everyone needs a job~

We should come out of this with a 20 hour workweek and a 40k minimum basic income, but lol

Yeah i know my grumble could come across as WORK ETHIC but really we need ubi + automation + 20h week

there is zero reason a robot cannot make my whoppers, instead of some poor fuckin $7.50 an hour hispanic kid

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

breaking: rugby island devastated by spacegodzilla death corona

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah i know my grumble could come across as WORK ETHIC but really we need ubi + automation + 20h week

there is zero reason a robot cannot make my whoppers, instead of some poor fuckin $7.50 an hour hispanic kid
Yeah but number would go up higher if we automated the whoppers and then just left the hispanic kid to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Jonny 290 posted:

yes but how will the ~~~shareholders~~~ benefit by spending money on whopper robots instead of pumping the stock price up up up?