Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Extensive Vamping posted:

Why can't I lack motivation? Because that's the cause. I gave up on life a long time ago, and that's OK.

Sorry capitalism has deemed you inefficient and you don't get a ventilator now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

yes but how will the ~~~shareholders~~~ benefit by spending money on whopper robots instead of pumping the stock price up up up?

The same way it works now with people.

Spend a shitload of money building and developing the robots, write off the losses and make a huge profit through tax shelters and dummy corporations.

Then when you report your operating costs have bottomed out you make money when your number goes up because market think you need big number for reducing other number.

Then start cutting corners on the robots. Make them operate 1% faster by bypassing safety limits and cycle times which makes them gently caress up more. But you produce more product so number go up and you make more money. Repeat until they barely work.

Develop your own cheaper robots. Rollout at a loss, write down losses and make even more money. Make even more money when operating costs drop again due to infinite cheap in-house robots.

By the time they start scraping the Earth beneath the barrel to find out which screws and electrical components they can leave out of the robots the rights of actual humans should be eroded enough that they can just basically use the old Whopper robots as Half Life sentries firing guns at any worker not working within efficiency guidelines as the Republicans want to buy bigger guns and Democrats want to buy more cost effective ammunition for them.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the phrase "side hustle" is loving poison in my ears

its always some extremely made up poo poo like forex or drop shipping or bitcoin too

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Getting my hours cut by the roni and I can't even imagine how less fortunate people are doing

Least I'll still have a roof over my head, goddamn

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I tried to forward the spacegodzilla tweet to some friends of mine but accidentally dumped it into the family chat thread with my in-laws who were in the middle of discussing mortality rates in Iowa.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

mr. kushner my doughnot shop/antique store/adult movie theater can't stop this plague from space that's killing medical professionals and global leaders around the world

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

its always some extremely made up poo poo like forex or drop shipping or bitcoin too

not fair, it can also mean driving an uber every second you are awake but not at your primary job.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Looked this up and SDF-9 has had 4 confirmed COVID cases tied to it. That's one out of every 160 current cases in Kentucky.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

LentThem posted:

so is rand paul dead yet

he tested positive march 22, and the last news thing i saw about him was march 24 when he was pushing gun stores as essential business

i am rand paul and i am dead

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

While I've worked some non-tech jobs, I've never actually worked a customer facing service industry job and I am incredibly privileged to be able to say that and am extraordinarily nice to everyone I meet who does because everyone seems legitimately happy when I do, since it apparently doesn't happen much.

'mcdonalds burger flipper' is absolutely loving not "unskilled labor". it is EXTREMELY skilled labor. You just don't get to blog about it on insta because people wanna see ~~~~ unique ~~~~ things. if you lined up every sandwich a fast food employee manufacturers in an eight hour day it'd fill more tables than that stupid rear end white house lunch and people would faint just thinking about how hard it is to make all of those things the exact same, day in and day out, forever

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have been spending today watching #vanlife videos from the last 1 month. It's pretty funny watching them trying to stock up and hunker down in the back wood in one video; realizing they will be stuck in that country for at least half to one year in the next video; to scambling for long term van parking; and jumping on the last flight and flying back to the US, the most corona infected country.

#Vanlife #Dunkirk

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

1015k cases today

+80,000 between yesterday's close and today

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1245870155109826560

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Taintrunner posted:

I hate america

read the first one as "a new skull" and i think that's more appropriate

:guillotine:

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

I saw my first fresh homeless dude today. posting up under a bridge cops never let people sleep under. two packs, and all of it looked clean.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Over Easy posted:

I think it will be called the Covid-19 Depression in order to attempt to make it seem like capitalism isn't culpable

yup

nevermind that we never had a real recovery from 08, and more and more people are 1 missed paycheck from being homeless. the history books given to kids will blame this depression on covid and move on

mod sassinator posted:

gov inslee just extended washington state's 'stay home' directive to may 5th

saw it coming but jesus, 4 more weeks guaranteed (and it'll be another month or six i'm sure)

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Medical bills are really more like suggested donations

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Rectal Death Adept posted:

The same way it works now with people.

Spend a shitload of money building and developing the robots, write off the losses and make a huge profit through tax shelters and dummy corporations.

Then when you report your operating costs have bottomed out you make money when your number goes up because market think you need big number for reducing other number.

Then start cutting corners on the robots. Make them operate 1% faster by bypassing safety limits and cycle times which makes them gently caress up more. But you produce more product so number go up and you make more money. Repeat until they barely work.

Develop your own cheaper robots. Rollout at a loss, write down losses and make even more money. Make even more money when operating costs drop again due to infinite cheap in-house robots.

By the time they start scraping the Earth beneath the barrel to find out which screws and electrical components they can leave out of the robots the rights of actual humans should be eroded enough that they can just basically use the old Whopper robots as Half Life sentries firing guns at any worker not working within efficiency guidelines as the Republicans want to buy bigger guns and Democrats want to buy more cost effective ammunition for them.

When you think about it the Whopper robots will evolve to live off humans. The Matrix was a documentary.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

Don't forget old fashioned MLMs

My good sir or madam what can I do to get you into a set of these finest cutco knives

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

stephenthinkpad posted:

I have been spending today watching #vanlife videos from the last 1 month. It's pretty funny watching them trying to stock up and hunker down in the back wood in one video; realizing they will be stuck in that country for at least half to one year in the next video; to scambling for long term van parking; and jumping on the last flight and flying back to the US, the most corona infected country.

#Vanlife #Dunkirk

oh man as i've mentioned before, i lived in an RV for 2 years and change when i moved here to Denver, and it is a god drat brutal existence if you aren't like, a white person that won't get bothered in your $80,000 Sprinter conversion on the beaches of San Diego.

i experienced -35F blizzard winters our first winter here and got to defrost water lines with a blow torch. i got to replace my bicycle three times as people kept cutting the locks and stealing them in our trailer park. I got to learn that the absolute most important public utility in modern life is not power, not water, but sewer. Every vanlyfe fuckboi blogs about their solar panels but NOBODY blogs about the absolute terror and panic you experience when the black tank (this holds your Feces) reads 100% full and you cannot find a dump station. How do you get rid of 75 gallons of human poo poo and toilet water? Could you today?

And despite this I still see 10-20 obvious long time RVers post up every night in the local grocery parking lot. The public health concerns for this stuff is staggering and nobody talks about it or does anything about it

(Spoiler: when push comes to shove, you open your black tank drain valve in a quiet backstreet gutter and turbochuck 300 pounds of biohazard shitwater into the public drain system. I never had to do it, but I have spoken with people that did that as their last option)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

lmao this is it for me, my brain is broken completely

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

'mcdonalds burger flipper' is absolutely loving not "unskilled labor". it is EXTREMELY skilled labor. You just don't get to blog about it on insta because people wanna see ~~~~ unique ~~~~ things. if you lined up every sandwich a fast food employee manufacturers in an eight hour day it'd fill more tables than that stupid rear end white house lunch and people would faint just thinking about how hard it is to make all of those things the exact same, day in and day out, forever

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

https://v.redd.it/kchlqwzicgq41

lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zyme posted:

i am rand paul and i am dead

sometimes i forget this website is only 3 years younger than i am

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

my job as a lab worker is way loving easier than my time in food service ever was

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

I want my governor working hard! Thank you!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also further fun info on the "fulltime RV cause i can't afford a house" gang: they use fast food and gas station bathrooms to pick up the slack as far as Taking A poo poo goes. Guess what's 100% locked down now.

Watch where you step in large parking lots because there's a nonzero chance that people are having to dook back in that shady corner.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There were generations of aristocrats whose sole job was to read books and gently caress over their peasants and they seemed happy enough for it
I'll be hosed if I'm spending my time free from the 40-hour workweek shackles doing more loving work

Bertrand Russell would roll over in his grave

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I've got 75 gallons of black water I'd like to dump on this thread #vanlife

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There were generations of aristocrats whose sole job was to read books and gently caress over their peasants and they seemed happy enough for it
I'll be hosed if I'm spending my time free from the 40-hour workweek shackles doing more loving work

Bertrand Russell would roll over in his grave

read david graebers bullshit jobs, people currently participating in this discussion, its pretty good!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I should have bought more drugs!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mod sassinator posted:

I've got 75 gallons of black water I'd like to dump on this thread #vanlife

more fun facts: even if you are in a trailer park with a sewer drop, you are not supposed to just open up the outside black tank valve and let everything drain. this leads to a condition called 'mounding' where all the solids pile up in the tank and all the water, which would normally flush it out, drain off right away. the correct way is to keep the valve closed until its half full, then drain.

if you dont do this then you get to buy a black tank flush setup, which injects water from your supply line to knock everything out and get it to flow back down. literally an rv enema

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

#Vanlife #Dunkirk

sometimes we just crave a normal death amongst our breathren

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1245852517474295809

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

please keep going. idek what qurstions to ask just tell me everthing you know about making GBS threads

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every time i see kushner with his mouth open i expect to hear a sound like aphex twin's ventolin and see bees coming out of his mouth

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1245873587145359360

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kushner looks like a loving angel of death in that image

Also who does he mean by "our?"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

RVs are gross

don't mind me, just drivin around w/ 75 gallons on poop of board, tee hee hope i don't need a sludge enema lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Marx Headroom posted:

please keep going. idek what qurstions to ask just tell me everthing you know about making GBS threads

the advanced tech in rv land is the 'recirculating toilet'. this involves a toilet that when you flush, draws water from the high side of a wire mesh filter in the toilet tank and sprays it down into the bowl, which empties into the tank. all the poo is trapped by the mesh grate and when it's full you pull a big handle on the side of the toilet and empty it, then refill with fresh water

in order to keep this somewhat sanitary and not smelling like the literal closed loop septic tank it actually is, you use 'rv koolaid'. the primary ingredient in this is formaldehyde. I used to have it on amazon subscribe n save.