Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Canada should invade the United States.

I mean, if they had a military.

I, for one, would welcome our new polite boring overlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

jimmy crack coup and trump don't care

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

D1E posted:

Listen: there will NOT be a military coup in the United States.

They still believe in American exceptionalism, and think we're the Good Guys.

Yeah I agree with this. Every big boomer brained Cold War idiot you know who thinks America are the actual global good guys and a force for good and all this poo poo pale in comparison to the level of propaganda and brainwashing that has been leveled at these guys at the highest ranks of the military over decades and like the guys in charge of the intelligence community, etc.

Like the guys who actually have the power to launch a coup are not the Atomwaffe shithead enlisted guys that would actually want to launch a coup.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I can’t read the paywall article but everyone is now taking the IHME-U. Washington model as gospel without understanding anything about it.

namely that every state needs to be in a Wuhan like shutdown by now lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

D1E posted:

Canada should invade the United States.

I mean, if they had a military.

I, for one, would welcome our new polite boring overlords.
president xi.... my country, the united states of america, yearns for freedom

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

the arc of coronavirus is long, and it bends toward just us

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I dunno if I'd rule it out.

Interesting, dynamic times mean sometimes the next leaders come from spaces and corners of society no one expects.

I'm also curious when Trump stops the briefings. Or if he doesn't, and tries to power through 10 or 20 thousand deaths every day.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Wait no that's not how you fix those models, here lemme *grabs sharpie*...there. CoronaVirus cured.

Goddamned amateurs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

i cant get a job at local hospitals because they're actively CUTTING hours right now in east tennessee

the wave hasn't hit yet. they know it's coming. instead of hiring people on (im literally applying to be an ER grunt as a clinical year PA student) they're just moving their own people around. The hypochondriacs have stopped coming in, and the rush of people thinking they have corona doesn't make up the difference. managers are worried about their bottom line.

like im just sitting here with cancelled rotations wanting to help or do anything but no matter how many application i send no one messages me back

i have literally every single certificate or license i need just to work in the er as a go'fer like what the gently caress let me help

I thought you were in carolina

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah I agree with this. Every big boomer brained Cold War idiot you know who thinks America are the actual global good guys and a force for good and all this poo poo pale in comparison to the level of propaganda and brainwashing that has been leveled at these guys at the highest ranks of the military over decades and like the guys in charge of the intelligence community, etc.

Like the guys who actually have the power to launch a coup are not the Atomwaffe shithead enlisted guys that would actually want to launch a coup.

yeah we don't get coups we get cia assassinations

good thing trump never pissed off the intelligence community

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

FizFashizzle posted:

i cant get a job at local hospitals because they're actively CUTTING hours right now in east tennessee

the wave hasn't hit yet. they know it's coming. instead of hiring people on (im literally applying to be an ER grunt as a clinical year PA student) they're just moving their own people around. The hypochondriacs have stopped coming in, and the rush of people thinking they have corona doesn't make up the difference. managers are worried about their bottom line.

like im just sitting here with cancelled rotations wanting to help or do anything but no matter how many application i send no one messages me back

i have literally every single certificate or license i need just to work in the er as a go'fer like what the gently caress let me help

EMS here until earlier this week was also cutting jobs. No elective procedures meant way fewer interfacility transports. All 911 is fire based here so the private companies are the ones doing all the IFTs, so they slashed hours across the board, laid off the per diems, etc.

But, critically, it sounds like when the state board realized this they arranged a grant to keep everyone staffed because they know everything is about to go to poo poo.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

VectorSigma posted:

I would definitely rule out a coup but I would definitely not rule out a CIA assassination and probably the hardest thing for them has just been setting up something plausible that doesn't start a loving war

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm packed and ready and debating on if I'm going to go backcountry camping or not. There's no real area on the trail I can't get 6ft or more away from another person if I see one and I don't expect to. I'm scared but I can't stop existing because I'm going to eventually die and I want to LIVE as long as possible. I have to play it smart

imo you shouldnt go camping right now. if you came down with symptoms while in the backcountry or had an injury and needed to be rescued it would be a massive strain and danger to a lot of people right now. i get the impulse, i lived in the woods for 5 weeks last year and am missing camping season terribly, but idk especially if there's water crossings. maybe 3 miles from a car parking with no water.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the only slightly cool thing that'll happen is a bread riot and we'll lose a couple of nyc goons, which is not cool

mixed bag really.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I thought you were in carolina

that's where im from and where i'll be returning to come hell or high water, but for now im sitting in a one bedroom in east tenn playing ffxiv with my gf

sounds lame but she's a neuro nurse at a level 1 in town and she's so stressed out.

she's a. terrified she's going to give covid to her patients or b. give it to me.

i made her chicken parmesan today

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1245835875642114049?s=20

take care of the nurses in your life right now

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

holy moly

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wow where can i find some graphs of this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao, that is so loving broken

For an update on how Aussies are dealing with lockdown.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

EXPONENTIAL

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TotalHell posted:

the arc of coronavirus is long, and it bends toward just us

arc of the corona-vent

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Trump is totally tossing numbers out of 200k killed cause then when it ends up being 50k he can smugly take credit for averting a disaster.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SirPablo posted:

Trump is totally tossing numbers out of 200k killed cause then when it ends up being 50k he can smugly take credit for averting a disaster.

What?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
we hit 1 kilodeaths a day

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPablo posted:

It's going to be at least 2 million lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

VectorSigma posted:

cia is full of dipshit clowns that couldn't scheme their way out of a Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lol holy balls we're gonna hit 50000 cases a day by the middle of the month

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SirPablo posted:

he was already taking credit for averting disaster while he told the country that 200,000 would die at best

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/JenaFriedman/status/1245913452729602048

ha Ha HAH gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SirPablo posted:

dude we're getting into the millions on this thing

EAT poo poo YOU BALD PIECE OF poo poo DUKE GRAD loving EAT IT

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFnCzUxLU8&t=45s

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Admiral Ray posted:

cia is full of dipshit clowns that couldn't scheme their way out of a Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit

right now some spook is regging to post a reply

other than the ones that already have accounts that is

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

we, as a country, are not remotely prepared for what's about to come lmao. the space between lightning and thunder. a thunderbolt struck seattle and nyc and it's going to radiate out from there the next 2-3 months. looking at the elevation maps, the density maps, the transportation maps, while keeping in mind incubation period is 3-14 days and infectious period is 0-21 days, and I'm just like lol

the American federal government is doing absolutely loving jack poo poo, we are living through an incredibly historical epoch, things from now on will be wildly different, and the funniest thing

the funniest thing

it's going to happen so slow we have no clue it's happening, but it'll happen so fast that history books will go "ah yeah X happened and then Y happened" and move on to the next 50 years

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Remember folks, not just in the time of roni but in all times hygiene is important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldt6Y-CE3s

speng31b
May 8, 2010

SirPablo posted:

lol if you think he's overshooting

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

get his rear end

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

SirPablo posted:

my guess is they legit think 200,000 is the worst case scenario and trump looks good with any total under that, unfortunately they probably massively lowballed it

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

:crnasickos:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

get his rear end

get his rear end

Adbot