Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
I heard it's only one per day, haven't tested it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone know with Flick/CJ can you make as many of their bug/fish statues as you want or is it one per day?

I have Flick today and was thinking a bug room without all the tanks might be neat

The statue is one per visit

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Since they doesn’t mail it to you until after they leave, and you can only have one outstanding statue request, it’s one per visit as mentioned :)

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Anyone with turnip prices at least 100? I’m not greedy I just want to break even before they spoil

Seconding this - my turnip prices have been rubbish all week and I bought for 86. Got some lovely fossils, carnival masks and gimp suits tight punk outfits to gift in exchange.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Are you really complaining about limited-quantity chances to turn 10k bells into 1000 miles? :thunk:

eh, i’ve got all the pocket updates so apart from one fence or decoration here or there, the only thing I ever use those things for is mystery islands. just doing the regular routine usually nets me enough so I’d rather keep the bells for house upgrades and infrastructure or whatever

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OK, so when you have an island full of villages (10 is the max?), how does recruiting new villagers work? Do they still visit the campsite? Do you still see them on random islands? If you do, how easy is it to get rid of an old villager for this new one?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Color Printer posted:

Anyone curious about the nook miles islands details, check this out:

https://wuffs.org/acnh/mysterytour.html (Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled, for whatever reason!)

Things to take away:
- There are 20 different islands
- Some special ones can only show up once per day

I don’t think that’s all of them. I got a big fish island with hybrid flowers and a river mouth.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Hmm. I haven't seen a 5x Miles challenge in days.

I thought the longer you put off doing challenges the bigger the multiplier gets? Keep a challenge in your queue overnight and it gains 2x then it usually turns to 5x later that day. I thought It was like a catchup mechanic for people that don't play for awhile.

If your doing your challenges none stop you will not see a 5x

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Chris Pistols posted:

Seconding this - my turnip prices have been rubbish all week and I bought for 86. Got some lovely fossils, carnival masks and gimp suits tight punk outfits to gift in exchange.

Mine's 148?

Not great, but not awful.

Edit: closed.. Will repost my noon price once it updates.

Nook's is due north from the airport, but you will need a pole as I am building a bridge.

Bring flowers: Orange of all varieties, or base colors for: Mums, Lilies, Roses, Cosmos.

Fruit near airport entrance is up for grabs, feel free to take anything you need.

Edit: Flick is here as well - bring bugs!

HaB fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 3, 2020

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

I've just unlocked terraforming. Has anyone looked into how fish spawning works? In particular: if I dig a new pool, will it spawn fish?

What if I have a pool at elevation +2 and want to build on that hill so the pool has to move up to elevation +3?

Basically, will I/can I break my island by accident?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

HaB posted:

Mine's 148?

MQVBK

Nook's is due north from the airport, but you will need a pole as I am building a bridge.

Bring flowers: Orange of all varieties, or base colors for: Mums, Lilies, Roses, Cosmos.

Fruit near airport entrance is up for grabs, feel free to take anything you need.

Thanks, on my way. My flower growing operation is in its infancy, but I'll bring a bunch of cosmos seeds.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fish will spawn in the new water you dig, I regular see fish spawn in the little 9x3 front yard I dug one of my villagers, I imagine all the regular spawn rules apply

What I don’t know is what distinguishes a river from a pond. Easy enough when your island is basic and starting out, but if I have a long strip of water that runs side to side without going out to sea, is that a river or a long pond?

E: this would obviously be an easy thing to test, if it weren’t for all the loving eggs.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

HaB posted:

Also: I have finally acquired recipes for Cutting Board, Ironwood Dresser and Ironwood Kitchenette. Happy to craft and share or if I can re-buy the recipes, that too.

Now I finally have the start of a dang kitchen.

drat, I need those. My switch code is 7300-3543-3535 if you haven't added me from the goon list.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

HaB posted:

Mine's 148?

MQVBK

My shop isn't open so I can't bring seeds but I will pay tribute for a chance to just touch your ironwood stuff

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think just touching the stuff helps, I'm pretty sure anything craftable can't be ordered from the catalogue.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
What's this touching business?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

badjohny posted:

I thought the longer you put off doing challenges the bigger the multiplier gets? Keep a challenge in your queue overnight and it gains 2x then it usually turns to 5x later that day. I thought It was like a catchup mechanic for people that don't play for awhile.

If your doing your challenges none stop you will not see a 5x

Nope, your challenges reset each day, and your first 5 give you 2x with a chance the first one will be 5x. The 5x doesn’t unlock until a certain point in the progression, maybe when resident services upgrades?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This amuses me more than it probably should, but oh well. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

Fish will spawn in the new water you dig, I regular see fish spawn in the little 9x3 front yard I dug one of my villagers, I imagine all the regular spawn rules apply

What I don’t know is what distinguishes a river from a pond. Easy enough when your island is basic and starting out, but if I have a long strip of water that runs side to side without going out to sea, is that a river or a long pond?

E: this would obviously be an easy thing to test, if it weren’t for all the loving eggs.

If it leads to the river mouth it's a river, so you would have a long pond.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Chris Pistols posted:

Picking up an item adds it to your catalogue so you can order one for yourself, even if you drop it immediately.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Snake Maze posted:

Picking up an item adds it to your catalogue so you can order one for yourself, even if you drop it immediately.

This changes everything...

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Chris Pistols posted:

If you put a thing into your inventory (or maybe just pick it up?) it gets added to the catalogue and you can mail-order it at the ABM. Doesn't work on crafted things, Saharah's floors/walls (rugs are okay), fossils, etc. It's only for stuff you can normally buy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/PunishedHag/status/1245896913532010497?s=20

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

HaB posted:

Mine's 148?

MQVBK

Thanks for having us!

Edit: doing my duty and opening up the island. Northern Hemisphere, time is GMT (just gone 14:20). Turnip price is dog-dirt. Hot Item is Barbell. Lovely tea set & cacti available in shop. Sahara is here. Clothing items of interest are: cavalier shirts, numbered sports tanks, corte skirts, overall dresses, tight punk outfits, skateboarding helmets, ski masks, butterfly shades, masquerade masks, steel toed boots.

Native fruit is the peach, but currently ALL fruits except pears are available to harvest. Fill yer boots. Please leave the flowers be.

I'm going to be AFK, but have set the switch to not sleep. Someone please shout at me in the next 10 mins if I need to do anything else before leaving you all to it.

KFRHV

Chris Pistols fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 3, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I already got someone moving out, and it's Curlos my campsite smug so he hasn't even been here for a week.

Not that I'm complaining.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Feeling very blessed that I ended up on an island full of horrifying, aggressive spiders and not TERF Island

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

HaB posted:

Mine's 148?

MQVBK

Planted a few orange flowers and bought a VR headset from the tailors. Wasn't able to sell any bugs to Flick though, I guess they need to visit my island first?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

With all these excess eggs I've been moving trees around a lot, just saying "you know what this tree would be better exactly two tiles to the left" and eating the eggs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey anyone happen to be Time Traveling and can tell me if Animal City and Drivin' are actual songs you can request for K.K.?

I hear both of them on the portable radio you get at the beginning of the game and I love them.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

MokBa posted:

My shop isn't open so I can't bring seeds but I will pay tribute for a chance to just touch your ironwood stuff

If you bring crafting materials, I can craft them for you.

pod6isjerks posted:

Planted a few orange flowers and bought a VR headset from the tailors. Wasn't able to sell any bugs to Flick though, I guess they need to visit my island first?

Yeah I dunno. Maybe you do have to see him once before you can sell. Today is the first time I have seen him, myself.

Chris Pistols posted:

Thanks for having us!

Yeah no worries!

I am still open for a bit more. Battery currently at like 30%, tho.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

John Wick of Dogs posted:

With all these excess eggs I've been moving trees around a lot, just saying "you know what this tree would be better exactly two tiles to the left" and eating the eggs.

Good use for eggs, tree movers. What do they sell for anyway?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

pod6isjerks posted:

Good use for eggs, tree movers. What do they sell for anyway?

200 apiece. I sold all mine last night. Figure I got plenty of time if I do want to craft all the Bunny Day stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Think I've made every bunny item now except possibly the wreath which I can't remember if I got the recipe for, and the Earth eggs clothes (though I did make the party clothes that require everything). So then I just need to save up for the Arch, two zipper toys, and wand. So I need I think 17 of earth eggs and ten of everything else, which I already have except Earth eggs. Seem to be getting five of those a day without any island trips so that will be easy. Also don't have that many wood eggs and may be short a couple stone eggs but those are easily gotten by the end of today.

I've been playing since March 20th every day though and haven't seen a single Celeste visit though so who knows if I'll be able to make any wand.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HaB posted:

200 apiece. I sold all mine last night. Figure I got plenty of time if I do want to craft all the Bunny Day stuff.

I wonder if they count as selling fruit for nook miles purposes

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
(edited my last post, but this thread moves faster than I do... reposting)

Doing my duty and opening up the island. Northern Hemisphere, time is GMT (just gone 14:20). Turnip price is dog-dirt. Hot Item is Barbell. Lovely tea set & cacti available in shop. Sahara is here. Clothing items of interest are: cavalier shirts, numbered sports tanks, corte skirts, overall dresses, tight punk outfits, skateboarding helmets, ski masks, butterfly shades, masquerade masks, steel toed boots.

Native fruit is the peach, but currently ALL fruits except pears are available to harvest. Fill yer boots. Please leave the flowers be.

I'm going to be AFK, but have set the switch to not sleep. Someone please shout at me in the next 10 mins if I need to do anything else before leaving you all to it.

KFRHV

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

HaB posted:

Mine's 148?

MQVBK

Thank you! I left a gift at your front door

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
The house storage limit is 120 items?? Can this be upgraded? I cannot live like this!

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

nerd_of_prey posted:

The house storage limit is 120 items?? Can this be upgraded? I cannot live like this!

The storage capacity upgrades with your house.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it goes up with each upgrade. at max it's 1,600

idk what yall are storing to run into the max though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

nerd_of_prey posted:

Mine is like 240 after adding a room