Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1246081079053824001?s=19

heart failure they say but... ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

more like Bill Withered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Good Citizen posted:

Even it comes up with the most damning results imaginable a year from now what do you expect it to change?

Seriously. What changed after the 9/11 commission?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

FizFashizzle posted:

trump straight up said the feds are outbidding states, and he's sending the supplies not based on what FEMA thinks but on what governor talked to him last.

We're going to need a 9/11 commission style investigation into this when all is said and done.

Cool let me know when investigations into obviously dumb and wrong poo poo the Trump administration does matters.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://youtu.be/F24heWV5ns8

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

The cops saved me twice from being harmed. I had to lock myself in a bathroom with my cats because my exbf was about to beat me to death with a tire iron. I called 911 and they showed up and arrested him. He was a "nice guy" so no one believed he was emotionally abusive, I never thought it would get physical. The second time my house was broken into and I was upstairs sleeping and the people who came in didn't know I guess. I had to call the cops to save my rear end. What was I supposed to do? Just get a gun myself and shoot these men? The not so justice system is beyond messed up and bigoted but sometimes people need help. How do you suggest that we help people such as myself in those situations?

some kind of gendarmerie not steeped in a culture of murderous racism and propertarian ethics

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

facetoucher cat posted:

The cops saved me twice from being harmed. I had to lock myself in a bathroom with my cats because my exbf was about to beat me to death with a tire iron. I called 911 and they showed up and arrested him. He was a "nice guy" so no one believed he was emotionally abusive, I never thought it would get physical. The second time my house was broken into and I was upstairs sleeping and the people who came in didn't know I guess. I had to call the cops to save my rear end. What was I supposed to do? Just get a gun myself and shoot these men? The not so justice system is beyond messed up and bigoted but sometimes people need help. How do you suggest that we help people such as myself in those situations?

I'm glad the cops helped you twice, usually people don't get a second chance to get helped by cops

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Today the part of Bill de blasoo will be played by Robert deniro

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Frog Act posted:

some kind of gendarmerie not steeped in a culture of murderous racism and propertarian ethics

yeah it actually is possible to have peace officers that DON'T completely embrace The Punisher as a cool and good super hero or who view the civilian population as a population they need to violently pacify

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

imagine thinking investigations would help

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

twoday posted:

Chart showing deaths per week in the Netherlands and comparing the corona crisis to the 🤒 F l u w a v e 🌊 of 2018

So, these numbers were released by the central bureau of statistics to pretty much call out the Health Ministry’s numbers as bullshit. They haven’t been testing the dead for coronavirus so if you died at home, or before getting tested in the hospital, then it didn’t officially count.

quote:

The Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) estimates that in the fourth week of March, nearly 1,200 more people died than average. The researchers think that this difference can largely be explained by the outbreak of the new coronavirus. They signal a discrepancy with the mortality figures from the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), which had 713 deaths in that week due to the new coronavirus.

Statistics Netherlands estimates that 4,300 people died in the last week of March, about 1,200 more than the average in the first ten weeks of this year. The researchers made this estimate based on the number of obituaries received so far by the agency. According to Statistics Netherlands, the increase appears to be concentrated in the over-65s.

Based on this estimate, 80 percent more people died than usual in North Brabant and Limburg.

If 1200 people died last week and not just 700, the real numbers are about twice what is being reported, which would put the Netherlands much closer to Italy or Spain in terms of death rate. (The Netherlands was already ranked number 3 globally in deaths per capita)

twoday has issued a correction as of 15:37 on Apr 3, 2020

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

forming a committee or commission is a natural leftist instinct when reacting to any situation at all, let's not get testy when people suggest it

oh I forgot, or a sub-committee

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm glad the cops helped you twice, usually people don't get a second chance to get helped by cops

That's why it's not such a justice system but sadly sometimes needed. It's super hosed up in so many ways and why I'm so torn. I wish it wasn't like that and really hate it but just know my situation =(

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

Stop living in poor neighborhoods and hire private security

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

:yooge: before today, no one knew what log rythm meant.

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

more like Bill Withered

Poor taste. Respect on Bill

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1245897901550833665

ACAB and all that but you need a non diseased police department to keep order for the most part so like this is bad

what kind of crimes are they responding to with everyone locked in their apartments?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

TMMadman posted:

I could actually believe this to be the true.

Trump said states have to "be nice to him"
Blue states have confirmed that they are in a bidding war and then vendors have told them the federal government told them not to sell supplies to them
Supplies are being seized by the feds
The federal government is distributing supplies to red states and rural pro trump areas that don't need them yet
Trump is praising the governors of the states that support him for their handling of the pandemic while blaming the governors of states that didn't support him for their problems while denying them supplies

This isn't really much of a shock. Conservatives have always raided the government for funds and then denied them to their cultural enemies.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Crusader posted:

gently caress, that's what i was going to work on today

need a better idea now

figure out how to incorporate beans

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/NorbertElekes/status/1245897901550833665

ACAB and all that but you need a non diseased police department to keep order for the most part so like this is bad
I guess having those make-out parties at the precinct was a bad idea.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Stop living in poor neighborhoods and hire private security

But how will I buy my cocaine?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

My favorite part of this pandemic is all of the shitheads who are the most likely to believe in social Darwinism are self-selecting themselves to die because they think they are rugged individualists with strong genes and God on their side, and could not possibly be harmed by the flu.

The least favorite part is the innocents they'll kill in the process.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

twoday posted:

if Americans were the only ones on the moon, wouldn’t English be the real moon language

America does not have an official language.

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

so tempted to log onto fb to see what the chuds are saying...fortunately I can’t even bring myself login

twoday
May 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

America does not have an official language.

If English was the only language spoken on the moon*

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Trump and Kushner have directed FEMA to confiscate everything they can find and outbid all the states on the rest while pushing a "it's every state for themselves" approach publicly so that any state that wants supplies for their hospitals has to suck up to trump and cut him an ad to run for re-election on

What the gently caress, this sounds like the comically unsuccessful strategy that Eddie Lampert had at Sears to pit all his division leaders against each other.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

On the one hand I'm glad they are doing this. Seems they are just using the staff+kitchens+food supplies that were already ordered for public school kids and giving it to anyone who is hungry.

OTOH it's kinda depressing we've reached the government soup lines part of the crisis. "Wealthiest and most powerful nation on earth!!!" :rolleyes:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rynn posted:

What the gently caress, this sounds like the comically unsuccessful strategy that Eddie Lampert had at Sears to pit all his division leaders against each other.

capitalists are all equally dumb yeah

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rynn posted:

Turns out shitheads think alike

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

are you white? This post seems to evince a familiarity and comfort with the police that I have no connection to.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/leahfinnegan/status/1246070831807188993?s=21

Jesus Christ what the gently caress

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

JARED-19

twoday
May 4, 2005

what the hell is outline

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

trump straight up said the feds are outbidding states, and he's sending the supplies not based on what FEMA thinks but on what governor talked to him last.

We're going to need a 9/11 commission style investigation into this when all is said and done.

Have to wait until after the election, wouldn't want to be political!

twoday
May 4, 2005

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Spoondick posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1246081079053824001?s=19

heart failure they say but... ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

gently caress

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

:350:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1246073822069096448

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AmberSmithUSA/status/1246052144115077120?s=20

were all those sailors from the plague ship?

if so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the patriots guy is literally like trumps best friend