Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Farm Frenzy posted:

jesus Christ its the loving yall debate again

Y'inz are cray cray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
pretty sure the poster was commenting on the abnormality of an entire ships crew cheering their fired captain, defying their commander and chief in basically open chanting rebellion

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Azathoth posted:

I would rather have the genuine government hating libertarian Republican shitbags over the school to prison pipeline loving authoritarian Republicans in the same way I would rather be punched than stabbed. Neither is good, the lesser evil isn't to be applauded or wished for, and it's a false dichotomy to suggest that it must be one or the other.

The govt hating libertarians are mostly just the corporate shill austerity hawks who have spent forty years getting us to this point. The few who want to like live like an animal without society vs wanting to be able to buy people and own the world are just sad and dumb.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I guess we'll find out pretty soon if herd immunity works or not

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
It occurs to me that we don't really know whats going on.

Information is being suppresed on every level. Militar ranks asked to shut up for "patriotism". Civil ranks asked to shut up or get fired. Experts having their data curated before is released to the public. Policy makers moving the lines to align reality with the official version.

This thread would go 3000% faster if we knew whats really going on just now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

So that's the USA last-minute outbidding a mask shipment for France, and now seizing one for Germany. USA not making any friends here, while China is gaining lots of friend points for helping a bunch of places

I'm surprised that electing a man with an enemies list and 18 hours a day of ranting about how he's been wronged and wants revenge turned into this

Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

Y'inz are cray cray

no one in pittsburgh says yinz, that's all the exurb trash

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

So that's the USA last-minute outbidding a mask shipment for France, and now seizing one for Germany. USA not making any friends here, while China is gaining lots of friend points for helping a bunch of places

I genuinely wonder how much good will European countries have left for the US at this point.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm surprised that electing a man with an enemies list and 18 hours a day of ranting about how he's been wronged and wants revenge turned into this

me too. Aghast at watching american hegemony disintegrate in such circumstances

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

sure would like to see more investigation of how kushner is grifting on price gouging ppe to states that should just be able to get it direct from the stockpile

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

the big players aren't on that call which is interesting in its own right. the chicago reader writes a ton about evictions without really getting what goes on with them, unfortunately

also that writer is trolling here
https://twitter.com/mdoukmas/status/1245129972945125381

conway is the rich white guy running against bail reform, she's ignoring how elsewhere in the city bernie did well with conway's opponent foxx

lol at the landlord scum

quote:

He encouraged the others to do the same, as well as consider suggestions published by landlording influencer Brandon Turner at BiggerPockets.com. Turner's five-point plan advises landlords to: have a plan, empathize with tenants, explain that rent is still due, inform them about their options (such as filing unemployment claims or paying with a credit card), and if all else fails to institute an "emergency rent deferral program," allowing tenants to pay whatever they can and agree to repay the rest in installments over several months.

Turner cautioned, however, that tenants shouldn't be told about the program as an option before the landlord is totally sure that they can't come up with full rent.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/bunnellchris/status/1246083165397139463?s=21

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

aside from firing off a nuke I don't think there is anything trump could do to make foreign relations worse

he is just an astoundingly repugnant person

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

If anyone feels like a mental break from corona news I found a pretty sweet documentary on YouTube about how the earth was formed

https://youtu.be/uHUTbq-j0UU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1246102757003722752

Apr 7, 2003

Crusader posted:

sure would like to see more investigation of how kushner is grifting on price gouging ppe to states that should just be able to get it direct from the stockpile

If and when the Trumps finally leave government, we're going to find that they stripped everything right down to the copper in the walls.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
basically the only place i have met large numbers of the old kind of western libertarian environmental republicans is in montana

and they're all insane

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Colonel J posted:

I agreed to have a practice with my bandmates tonight and now I'm freaking out because I haven't seen anybody IRL in 3 weeks and I think I'm gonna catch it. One of them still works downtown with a ton of people. Is this a horrible idea?

yes. why would you do this?

edit: oh i see you called it off. good decision.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Apr 3, 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1246103776018206720

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonel J posted:

I agreed to have a practice with my bandmates tonight and now I'm freaking out because I haven't seen anybody IRL in 3 weeks and I think I'm gonna catch it. One of them still works downtown with a ton of people. Is this a horrible idea?

singing spreads the virus more than literally anything so as long as your band doesn't use vocals in your music and you all wear PPE you should be fine

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

facetoucher cat posted:

Totally am and I'm familiar with the lovely behavior from cops because I grew up in ATL and have lived most of my life being harassed by them because of my behavior but because I'm a white chick not gotten shot just put in jail. I've yet to hear how we can help people who are in abusive relationships from being beaten to death other than calling the cops or shooting them ourselves. I'm definitely not a cop apologist because they've hosed me and my friends over more times than I can count and killed countless people but you need some help sometimes. I'm just trying to figure out how we can accomplish that without having unregulated chud militias that would be 10 times worse or forcing communities to take matters into their own hands

community defense poo poo

I mean, yeah, it may seem unrealistic or w/e, but better things are possible, however unlikely.

unbutthurtable has issued a correction as of 17:41 on Apr 3, 2020

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

I genuinely wonder how much good will European countries have left for the US at this point.

Wondering at which point over the next month or two, when things are really bad, all the other countries just sort of start ignoring/snubbing the bleating coming from the USA gov and just work with the rest of each other instead, as US soft power rapidly depletes and China steps in to help more and more. I feel very bad for the non terrible people living in the USA right now, especially my buds in C-SPAM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

NofrikinfuN posted:

aside from firing off a nuke I don't think there is anything trump could do to make foreign relations worse

he is just an astoundingly repugnant person

Remember the other story how Trump tried to sigh a contract with Germany biotech company for vaccine development which had a exclusivity requirement in the deal?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

3M pushes back on Trump administration call to stop sending N95 masks to Canada

America really trying to burn through any remaining goodwill with international allies.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Colonel J posted:

Dude don't

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

we are still in the acceleration part of the pandemic. The numbers will get worse and worse each day for weeks.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

etalian posted:

Remember the other story how Trump tried to sigh a contract with Germany biotech company for vaccine development which had a exclusivity requirement in the deal?

Art of the Deal, baby!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/AmberSmithUSA/status/1246052144115077120

president trump sir its time to sink this mutinous ship

Apr 7, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

3M pushes back on Trump administration call to stop sending N95 masks to Canada

America really trying to burn through any remaining goodwill with international allies.

The people in charge are authoritarians who have hosed up brains because their abusive daddies taught them that 'strength' is shouting at people and picking fights with everyone

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

charity rereg posted:

pretty sure the poster was commenting on the abnormality of an entire ships crew cheering their fired captain, defying their commander and chief in basically open chanting rebellion

they should seize the means of production and threaten to level D.C.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

they should seize the means of destruction and threaten to level D.C.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cabbages and Kings posted:

App Man here

"oh hey let's build a scalable system to replace hundreds of thousands of paper documents, get that tested, and get it in place in time to meet the needs of a current health crisis" seems fine to me

as long as you had that thought, like 24 months in advance of a health crisis, immediately funded it and had state departments put together hard requirements, and then did an absolutely fantastic job of building and scale testing something in a relatively tight time frame (of starting 24 months in advance of COVID)

are there any other problems you see here

i mean if we're taking this proposal seriously and entertaining the idea these are important and valid concerns

i basically stopped thinking about it because the typical mindset for dullards like desantis is that they'll hire 4 college kids to Do App with no solid requirements or forethought on what the software does and does not do and then it gets released, doesn't address the problem, fails at what it actually tries to do, shits the bed under actual real world scale, and then the contractors get paid and then go write a primary vote fixing app as their next project

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

Not sure how that would end up working, probably requires corona-chan knocking Biden and Sanders out of the running, but he's pretty clearly positioning himself to be the crisis candidate.
lol

no Joe just steps down "for health reasons" at the convention and all his delegates vote for Cuomo instead. The party doesn't have to pretend to give a poo poo about voters.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

christ, my blood pressure could not take more than 20 seconds of looking at the responses. didn't realize how much chuds worshipped the chain of command.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

christ, my blood pressure could not take more than 20 seconds of looking at the responses. didn't realize how much chuds worshipped the chain of command.

it's because they are loving serfs

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1246102757003722752

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

a giant cheering crowd, all of them remembering sailor

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

it's because they are loving serfs

they love kissing upper managements rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Colonel J posted:

quote:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well.""