Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Vesi posted:

it's tough being a cop since every day you have to deal with the worst of society (other cops)

not as tough as being a cop's wife tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

twoday posted:

Dutch is pretty useless on the world stage but it's pretty useful if you want to live in the Netherlands. Come post in the Dutch thread if you change your mind, we can give you some resources, and it really helped me learn the language by trying to post there in Dutch

Thanks I'll check it out :) I have a slight head start for having learnt German, if only for getting throaty with the pronunciations. I can sort of parse it to read, but got a lot to learn. Original plan was to maybe emigrate but who knows any more. I'll take a look!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Bert Roberge posted:

Hotspot popped up in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia apparently, or they just started actually testing more there.

Here's doughy Jim Justice live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46Pgl54GuU

I can't tell if he's drunk or just really really unhealthy.

since most people infect 2 or so people a single superspreader event (like church, elections, etc) can cause a full on outbreak. a lot of these are going to start popping up, like the orthodox jewish community article someone posted, over the next few weeks.

luckily nobody in WV does anything which exposes their lungs to any foreign substances or harm

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SKULL.GIF posted:

ridiculous and naive

cops are the way they are because they're a white supremacist organization more interested in exercising personal power than they are keeping the peace

Exactly, no doubt

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
So glad I read this thread, and know that the Roni can manifest just about any symptom, so I suspect this horrible heartburn and nausea is the start of my doom.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends, and death to us all, every one

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

real hard to dance when you cant breathe you dumb bitch lmao

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Raiad posted:

call for sanctions against us you useless cowards

lol the Europeans are cowards who relay on us for a lot. They’ll grin and bare it because they can’t do poo poo.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Anytime there's a public health crisis, assume Orthodox Jewish communities are going to be epicenters. There's was a goddamn measles outbreak in certain neighborhoods of NYC two years ago because they wouldn't get loving vaccinated.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1246114263464321024

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Failson posted:

So glad I read this thread, and know that the Roni can manifest just about any symptom, so I suspect this horrible heartburn and nausea is the start of my doom.
After a couple pages of reading my chest starts hurting...every time... Not a great time for pollen either...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.thewrap.com/amcs-credit-rating-downgraded-by-sp-with-recovery-unlikely/

TheWrap posted:

S&P Global on Thursday downgraded its credit rating for AMC Entertainment to CCC- from B, which takes the company from “Highly speculative” to “Default imminent, with little prospect for recovery.”

AMC has been rocked as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic, which has forced all movie theaters to close and Hollywood studios to either push film releases past the pivotal summer months or take them off the slate for 2020 altogether.

“While there is a high degree of uncertainty about the rate of the coronavirus’ spread and when the pandemic will peak, some government authorities estimate that the peak will occur between June and August,” S&P analysts wrote in a note on Thursday. “We expect AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc.’s (AMC) theaters will remain closed beyond June due to the impact of the global coronavirus pandemic. We do not believe AMC has sufficient sources of liquidity to cover its expected negative cash flows past mid-summer, and we believe the company will likely breach its 6x net senior secured leverage covenant when tested on Sept. 30, 2020, absent a waiver from its lenders.”

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1246095128055382016?s=21

Daily death rate still rising in New York.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

this is excellent, now do it in florida and alabama with the chud deathcultists, and in new rochelle with the orthodox morons

just drag em through the street to the isocubes with their pants falling down

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Owned

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

OhFunny posted:

lol the Europeans are cowards who relay on us for a lot. They’ll grin and bare it because they can’t do poo poo.

Do you want a re-run of the last two World Wars?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol at these companies have hyper efficiency themselves into being inoperable if they cant generate cash for a month with all their money going to the c suite and shareholders

If people unionized and striked they would destroy the companies that dont immediately relent

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/maustermuhle/status/1246089545571016708
like a miracle, it will disappear soon

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

i just recieved word that ive been secured a N95 mask

😷

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

bring on the direct to streaming model, movie theaters are terrible anyway

blandular
Aug 22, 2004

to all those chinese learners, here's a fun song that has simple concepts for beginners (e.g. 我在这儿)~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhFr-I9luk

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

at the end, trump's gonna be president of the united states of palm beach and mar-a-lagoland

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But where am I going to get overpriced popcorn and literal buckets of soda now?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

consider this a down payment on your NATO dues :chaostrump:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol we're all gonna die

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

TMMadman posted:

But where am I going to get overpriced popcorn and literal buckets of soda now?

make projectors, popcorn poppers and theater seats more accessible to consumers

i have a spare room in my basement that i could convert into a cinema room

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

lol at these companies have hyper efficiency themselves into being inoperable if they cant generate cash for a month with all their money going to the c suite and shareholders

If people unionized and striked they would destroy the companies that dont immediately relent

ya honestly this has revealed the power of the strike for all to see

a secret, forbidden technique, long forgotten, which the globalized just-in-time economy optimized for shareholder value has lost its defenses against

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

lol we're all gonna die

guaranteed, so why fret about it? Accept it

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is the silver lining, imo. Companies optimize, optimize, optimize. They fire people to operate to has few people has possible, until 1 person do the work of 200.

If 3 people "quit", it would be like if 600 people stopped showing.

If the people of the USA wants part of the wealthy their country have and they create, they only have to negotiate... use the bargaining power they have.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://twitter.com/AmberSmithUSA/status/1246052144115077120

president trump sir its time to sink this mutinous ship

https://twitter.com/kurtschlichter/status/1245860111941128193?s=21

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

that seems... not that bad? they seem to be assuming <30% of the city gets it and less than 1% death rate tho right? there's ~633,000 in DC. 1% of 30% is still 2k people.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

balkanize baby

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Jazerus posted:

ya honestly this has revealed the power of the strike for all to see

a secret, forbidden technique, long forgotten, which the globalized just-in-time economy optimized for shareholder value has lost its defenses against

Owned.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

lol we're all gonna die

I hope corona takes me, I'm dead anyway without films Or theaters, so I won't fight it anymore

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Tei posted:

Do you want a re-run of the last two World Wars?

It’ll be interesting to see if the UK’s carrier that has no planes can defeat the German Air Force that has no working aircraft.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

who do these idiots think is planning to attack a us carrier group rn

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1246118093350469633

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.015347v1.full.pdf
COVID-19 does not spread to dogs, pigs, chickens, or ducks. It does spread to cats and ferrets. It spreads very well to kittens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao