Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TimAeppel/status/1246121814687920129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I wonder how much the_donald is chortling about this

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cspam goon getting dragged to the leper colony

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
almost up to 7K deaths in the US and it's barely lunchtime

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

finally it’s over

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Schnorkles posted:

disgusting ballpark cheese fries and overpriced beer that cause my wife to :chloe: at me are 100% the best part of baseball on the right evening

i live really close to the nationals park in dc and baseball games are probably the main thing i miss :( (at least until the weed services shut down....)

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

better do what it says

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
dunno if this has been posted, but lol

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1245839635365777409?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the milk machine posted:

i live really close to the nationals park in dc and baseball games are probably the main thing i miss :( (at least until the weed services shut down....)

Remember when the entire park booed the president and he nearly cried? Seems like a million years ago!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Doubt it would happen, but with China now trying to assert soft power with global medical support in the US's absence, they'd have a good chance to benefit by siezing 3M's factory in China to guarantee previous orders of masks/prevent the US siezing them all. Who's going to bellyache about international law when the US is saying gently caress you to pretty much everyone? Why should the world put up with it?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

agreed, this is very lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/CitizenCohn/status/1246125049700061186
lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

How will they pay for it?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

almost up to 7K deaths in the US and it's barely lunchtime

Will be close to 10k by the end of the week, up from 1k last Tuesday. That's an order of magnitude in less than two weeks - what's the estimate for reaching 100k? Easter?

Sounds like the perfect time to reopen!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

HycoCam posted:

According to the article--cats & ferrets catch the Covid-19, get it in their lungs, and are efficient transmitters at that point. So now, I guess when you catch your cat stealing your baby's breath they are actually just giving them the Roni. :(

Good thing my cat will have gently caress all to do with most people....

i read the cat section of the report, and apparently only the kittens got it in their lungs, not the older cats.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
cats can have little a coroni

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Huh wow they can just do that? Who would have thought

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Remember when the entire park booed the president and he nearly cried? Seems like a million years ago!

yes it really does

i didn't get to go to any playoff/WS games (i think that was one of those?) because $$$ but on good evenings we can open the windows/patio door and hear the cheers about 5 sec ahead of the tv broadcast

good times.

maybe i'll go sit outside on the patio and day drink to honor the memory of baseball

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Got my unemployment benefits today and there was no enhancement. Checked online and the federal Labor Department might take up to 6 weeks to start giving the enhancements out to people. There is no part of this response the administration is not loving up.

hepatizon
Oct 27, 2010
Single payer but only if you get coronavirus to prove you're not lazy

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/1245855337866915842

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Ah drat if I get it there will be no way for me to isolate from my cat, who cries if she can't see me and spends most of her waking hours nuzzling my face with great relish

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I loving love that Trump and Kushbomb are running the same scam with the national stockpile that hundreds of criagslist gougers are locally.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoshuaMZeitz/status/1246124394218430472

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

etalian posted:

How will they pay for it?

brrr brrr

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

well well well

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Ah drat if I get it there will be no way for me to isolate from my cat, who cries if she can't see me and spends most of her waking hours nuzzling my face with great relish

Same

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rah! posted:

cspam goon getting dragged to the leper colony

lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

sLaY KKKwEen :abuela:

https://twitter.com/FDRyan79/status/1245840095816470534

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

Doubt it would happen, but with China now trying to assert soft power with global medical support in the US's absence, they'd have a good chance to benefit by siezing 3M's factory in China to guarantee previous orders of masks/prevent the US siezing them all. Who's going to bellyache about international law when the US is saying gently caress you to pretty much everyone? Why should the world put up with it?

Please, President Xi, my country is literally dying

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I assume they will just be paying the insurance companies, not the hospitals directly

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

60k new cases today worldwide already and we're halfway through the day

To contextualize that, China (Remember them? Locked down half the country? Wuhan on quarantined lockdown for months?) has 81k cases total.

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

the dude's video is pretty hosed up, it's like he knew he was going to die right after he was coughed on

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Von Sloneker posted:

well well well

I wonder how insane Tim Kreider has gone by now

hexate
Sep 13, 2012

What do you mean it's not Tom Cruise?

I can't get over how utterly shortsighted withholding critical FEMA supplies from states is, assuming that Trump's actually trying to leverage red-state voters with it. Like does he (Kushner) not understand that that sort of power play works in the Senate and House, where you can blame the other Senators / Congressmen....but not in the executive where you ultimately run the show. When there's a critical shortage when this spreads to red states (and there will be), he's deftly positioned himself to showcase his incompetence in primetime.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Business Gorillas posted:

thinking about that time the NYPD went on strike and then immediately went back to work when crime went down and people were happier without them

same

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

60k new cases today worldwide already and we're halfway through the day

To contextualize that, China (Remember them? Locked down half the country? Wuhan on quarantined lockdown for months?) has 81k cases total.

Almost time for people who don't understand exponentials eyes to pop out on stalks with an awooga sound like a loony tunes cartoon

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

538-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We're not too far off from seeing violent retaliation against people who are being sick in public