Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Joe Biden doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

Ed goon update: Things are getting busy and grim. We’re making protocols for who we will and will not resuscitate. Nursing homes are all infected and dumping patients on us en masse, even if they’re already DNR.

Have 2 docs out sick and one is getting worse. That crazy I mentioned that wanted a tour of the ED has been spotted around again and authorities are looking in to it. We are out of gowns. We’ve got 3 ventilators left.

This is when you guys raid the nearest thrift store and grab all the prom dresses. And look loving fabulous while you're treating people.

(you're amazing, we love you)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

9/11 time

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

live by the free market, die by the free market bich

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I knew this was a rubin article before I clicked on it

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Not a Children posted:

lmao we're going to see 90% of America's soft power in the 1st world evaporate in the span of 3 months

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Watching gov Baker's press conference, sounds like MA is starting an aggressive contact tracing service

Why are all these idiots so goddamn slow

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i still can't get over that the governor of massachusetts and the owner of the patriots backchanneled with the chinese un ambassador to moonshine run some masks direct from china in the patriots plane

Can't wait for the ensemble cast Hollywood film about it staring George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

the satan in the the the, uh, y'know, the thing

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Not a Children posted:

lmao we're going to see 90% of America's soft power in the 1st world evaporate in the span of 3 months

the only way back will be to follow the cuba plan and become world doctors - completely doable if we start channeling defense spending into medical research and education

its more likely that we start a war regardless of the likely outcome

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

there is something fundamentally jarring about watching a bustling place become still all at once. my apple health app cruelly reminds me that i’m “taking fewer steps on average” than i was last year, which is … an understatement. at last check, i had taken just 269 steps today. on a more normal day, i would be running down four flights of stairs to get out of my home and onto the subway, down another two flights of stairs and then back up again on the other side. i would pass hundreds of people commuting like me from brooklyn to manhattan. i might traverse three boroughs in one day. now, i jog around my neighborhood with a scarf over half of my face, turning down side streets to avoid as many human beings as possible.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

he looks old as gently caress. not just generic "old man politician" old, i mean "can't care for themselves" old. i mean yes it's obvious but jesus christ. also i dare, i double dog dare, biden to talk about the details of anything for two minutes without losing his train of thought.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so we're all quarantining our cats yeah?

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Meeting (online) with my cryptid club. one guy thinks he's spotted bigfoot, we all nod approvingly, ask him to keep us posted. another reported a Joe Biden sighting, we all laughed at him because Joe Biden doesn't loving exist idiot

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Torpor posted:

I have no idea, we're gonna hit 10k cases in MA today and while our death rate is low, it ain't gonna stay that way

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Impkins Patootie posted:

there is something fundamentally jarring about watching a bustling place become still all at once. my apple health app cruelly reminds me that i’m “taking fewer steps on average” than i was last year, which is … an understatement. at last check, i had taken just 269 steps today. on a more normal day, i would be running down four flights of stairs to get out of my home and onto the subway, down another two flights of stairs and then back up again on the other side. i would pass hundreds of people commuting like me from brooklyn to manhattan. i might traverse three boroughs in one day. now, i jog around my neighborhood with a scarf over half of my face, turning down side streets to avoid as many human beings as possible.

I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks and I am already feeling much more feeble

I will wither away into a little twinky boy if I don't start doing pushups or something

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mrs. Dash posted:

Can't wait for the ensemble cast Hollywood film about it staring George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

lucky for you the script treatment is already up on the pats website:

https://www.patriots.com/news/a-patriotic-mission-team-plane-completes-humanitarian-flight-to-china

quote:

We're in April now, the NFL's offseason, so, there are no football games, nor any other sports, for that matter, as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic.

Yet, this past week, the Patriots' plane was spotted leaving Little Rhody, landing in Ohio, then Alaska, and eventually soaring over the Pacific, bound for China. The same four pilots who normally take turns flying her were on board, along with five usual flight attendants, plus two regular maintenance workers and one pilot observer.

Aside from those 12 crew members, the plane's manifest was otherwise blank, her cabin empty – a virtual ghost ship on a heretofore low-profile, high-stakes mission to carry home some of her most precious cargo to date.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

CODChimera posted:

I can't because if my cat cannot access me she will scream and destroy the house

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Skypie posted:

It owns that capitalism is being fully exposed by a stupid virus

same thing inspired Grapes of Wrath

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m positive the “””real””” number is much higher in nyc

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Torpor posted:

Because they're dumb, unorganized and never prepared for this poo poo.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

The Patriots jet is running.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I was coming home from work and had an idea to park my car and watch a Dunkin Donuts for 5 minutes at a major intersection.

I saw so many people walking in and out, all touching the same door, not practicing social distancing, casual hanging out in the parking lot. I was speeding for the safety of home within 2 minutes.

Albany NY

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

CODChimera posted:

this sucks. :( when the weather gets warm, my cats love to come out to the garden with me and sniff everything and chase bugs and wallow on the concrete. they know it’s been getting warmer and have been meowing at the back door more frequently. today was the first day i was gonna take them out.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Mrs. Dash posted:

The Patriots jet is running.

Gritty as the VP that needs to crack a few skulls from time to time

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:holymoley:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
like does the US have troops roaming the world seizing poo poo or what

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

I can't because if my cat cannot access me she will scream and destroy the house

I mean like keep them inside with us.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my wife had a patient come in with new confusion and seizures. said patient has a brain tumor and knew it, but seizures popping up is scary, so into the ER they go. Anyway, they order an x-ray and surprise! fluid in the lungs. they had no fever, cough, chills - just surprise goddamn pneumonia brought on by covid 19 and they had no idea. goddamn awful.

both she and the patient were wearing masks (brain cancer patient on chemo is obviously immunocompromised), my wife was wearing gloves, but still scary to run into someone who was an asymptomatic carrier but had pneumonia and didnt know it.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Mrs. Dash posted:

Its very impressive how in a single presidential administration the entire world is going to shift from the US sphere of influence and into China's because they are a more reliable global partner.

tbh it happened ten years ago, the US just didn't tell anyone

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

shovelbum posted:

like does the US have troops roaming the world seizing poo poo or what

yes but how is that any different than the status quo

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Hope you get your results and some sleep soon. Do you have a pulse oximeter?

thanks, and no i dont

my blood oxygen levels were fine the last two times i was checked

but something is clearly wrong. gonna get checked again today at my appointment, after the x-ray. The appointment i had last week was during one of the periods where i felt a lot better, unlike today, so maybe the results will be different this time.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

yes but how is that any different than the status quo

having troops raiding planes on the tarmac in malaysia and overpowering the crews and diverting them to the states is p unusual

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

CODChimera posted:

I mean like keep them inside with us.

Oh yeah totally. Except for my housemates cat who will scream and destroy the house if we don't keep the window open for her to escape :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

do you even need to make stuff

you can just use your army to seize things you need

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
is anyone even addressing what to do with cats that have been exposed? like all indoor/outdoor cats must be assumed to be carriers right? what about cats of people who have/had or are confirmed exposed?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Getting unemployment benefits in California several years ago was an awful process, I can only imagine how bad it is in Florida lol

Getting unemployment in CA is the easiest thing in the world, even before quarantine they have people who will see you in person and fill the whole drat thing out for you just by asking you questions.

And they made it even easier this time around. So go apply and get your Berniebux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
this thread is turning me into a poorer, dumber more insane version of Howard Hughes