Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Sharkie posted:

he looks old as gently caress. not just generic "old man politician" old, i mean "can't care for themselves" old. i mean yes it's obvious but jesus christ. also i dare, i double dog dare, biden to talk about the details of anything for two minutes without losing his train of thought.

yeah he looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mrs. Dash posted:

Its very impressive how in a single presidential administration the entire world is going to shift from the US sphere of influence and into China's because they are a more reliable global partner.

The Iraq War helped push that because China didn't get involved and then they eventually bought some of the oil production. They had a healthier economy so it eventually lead to long-term advantage.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Rah! posted:

thanks, and no i dont

my blood oxygen levels were fine the last two times i was checked

but something is clearly wrong. gonna get checked again today at my appointment, after the x-ray. The appointment i had last week was during one of the periods where i felt a lot better, unlike today, so maybe the results will be different this time.

That's the trouble, it seems to come and go, or at least vary in severity. My friend who may have it says breathing is worse for her in the evening/night, and better in the morning and early afternoon. Do you notice a difference during the span of a day, or is it more varied over different days entirely?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So the US is diverting the PPE production of US companies overseas from export to the "federal crime hole" which is god knows what or where

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Eat This Glob posted:

my wife had a patient come in with new confusion and seizures. said patient has a brain tumor and knew it, but seizures popping up is scary, so into the ER they go. Anyway, they order an x-ray and surprise! fluid in the lungs. they had no fever, cough, chills - just surprise goddamn pneumonia brought on by covid 19 and they had no idea. goddamn awful.

both she and the patient were wearing masks (brain cancer patient on chemo is obviously immunocompromised), my wife was wearing gloves, but still scary to run into someone who was an asymptomatic carrier but had pneumonia and didnt know it.

These people are literally all around you when you go out in public

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

in non-corona news, the kennedy curse is alive and well

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1246122367589453829

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The Iraq War helped push that because China didn't get involved and then they eventually bought some of the oil production. They had a healthier economy so it eventually lead to long-term advantage.

they also dont go around randomly invading everyone

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

shovelbum posted:

is anyone even addressing what to do with cats that have been exposed? like all indoor/outdoor cats must be assumed to be carriers right? what about cats of people who have/had or are confirmed exposed?

This seems like such new news that I doubt there is any official guidance

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Meeting (online) with my cryptid club. one guy thinks he's spotted bigfoot, we all nod approvingly, ask him to keep us posted. another reported a Joe Biden sighting, we all laughed at him because Joe Biden doesn't loving exist idiot

joe biden is a craptid

crapt his pants id

:smugdon:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

alexa play the taps

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

ProperCoochie posted:

I was coming home from work and had an idea to park my car and watch a Dunkin Donuts for 5 minutes at a major intersection.

I saw so many people walking in and out, all touching the same door, not practicing social distancing, casual hanging out in the parking lot. I was speeding for the safety of home within 2 minutes.

Albany NY

lol I'm just outside Albany and haven't left the house in three weeks because no one here gives a gently caress about rona and it scares the poo poo out of me

which DD was it?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

pancake rabbit posted:

lmao

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

MageMage posted:

Getting unemployment in CA is the easiest thing in the world, even before quarantine they have people who will see you in person and fill the whole drat thing out for you just by asking you questions.

And they made it even easier this time around. So go apply and get your Berniebux

yeah i was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to do online. that was a few weeks ago though and i would expect the turnaround is slower now.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Hibajubwa posted:

I work for a medical equipment/supplies company.

Want to know why the US is hosed?

Because *ALL* of our incoming PPE shipments are currently being seized by customs.

Millions of dollars of PPE... entirely stopped from getting to where it needs to be.

So what happens? Well, now we’re just fulfilling international orders because we literally can’t bring supplies to the US.

lol we’re so hosed guys

capitalism means that kushner and trump specifically must be paid

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Covid-19 ain't going away!

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I unfollowed Nate Silver and it feels good. So sick of that nerd's rambling takes on COVID-19, pure noise and hot air

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

pancake rabbit posted:

wow, gideon kennedy would have been a top tier fail son name. rip dude

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

pancake rabbit posted:

owned

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pancake rabbit posted:

is this Q?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my cat 100% had covid 19 in December

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is when you guys raid the nearest thrift store and grab all the prom dresses. And look loving fabulous while you're treating people.

(you're amazing, we love you)

This... this is just the kind of genius I come here for!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Sharkie posted:

he looks old as gently caress. not just generic "old man politician" old, i mean "can't care for themselves" old. i mean yes it's obvious but jesus christ. also i dare, i double dog dare, biden to talk about the details of anything for two minutes without losing his train of thought.

Big vibes of old dudes who can't dress themselves properly but get dressed by a carer into a button down and trousers because it's familiar and comforting from their business days, but the tie is too much trouble and they get angry when you someone tries to do it for them

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

pancake rabbit posted:

JFK Jr. and Q took them away

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

euphronius posted:

my cat 100% had covid 19 in December

did you cremate the cat?

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

trump! trump! trump!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

That's the trouble, it seems to come and go, or at least vary in severity. My friend who may have it says breathing is worse for her in the evening/night, and better in the morning and early afternoon. Do you notice a difference during the span of a day, or is it more varied over different days entirely?

yeah that sounds exactly like me

only my days for the past two days have now been equal to a typical night...and last night was worse than any night (or day) so far

every time i started to fall asleep i would jolt awake, like my body didnt trust me to keep breathing while unconscious. That's what it felt like. I think i may have fell asleep for around an hour finally, but when i woke up i was instantly awake and aware that i couldnt breathe right. Contrast that with a few days ago, where i had multiple mornings of near perfect breathing where i didnt even think about covid-19 for like an entire 30 seconds after waking up lol

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I feel like we are kind of in a middle ground here in Colorado where a lot of people are ordering online and requesting no contact drop offs as well as people wearing masks and people not going out in public and most of our shops being closed but on the other hand I'm seeing quite a bit of traffic and our grocery stores are very busy like most people in them not wearing protective equipment

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I have never made a twitter account and I never will

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

20k cases minimum incoming

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1246133203414536194?s=19

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lmao the federal government is seizing all imports of medical supplies to give cronies lucrative contracts to "check" and resell said medical supplies

We became an eastern bloc nation in less than a month

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

I have never made a twitter account and I never will

It's the only way to get your new ration card though

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sharkie posted:

Yeah he isn't even going to bother campaigning. It just doesn't matter.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1246138927519543296

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nothus posted:

I loving love that Trump and Kushbomb are running the same scam with the national stockpile that hundreds of criagslist gougers are locally.
price gouging is how markets are supposed to work

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Rah! posted:

yeah that sounds exactly like me

only my days for the past two days have now been equal to a typical night...and last night was worse than any night (or day) so far

every time i started to fall asleep i would jolt awake, like my body didnt trust me to keep breathing while unconscious. That's what it felt like. I think i may have fell asleep for around an hour finally, but when i woke up i was instantly awake and aware that i couldnt breathe right. Contrast that with a few days ago, where i had multiple mornings of near perfect breathing where i didnt even think about covid-19 for like an entire 30 seconds after waking up lol

That matches her report :( That sounds rough, rooting for you to kick it off soon. Glad your appointment is lined up to see what's what

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If populations are evenly distributed (they're not) the polls are open for 12 hours they need to process 833 people per hour

Which is ~14 people per minute

Which is a vote every 4.25 seconds

Think about the last time you went to vote. Think about how long it took. Now imagine all the polling places in your city were 30 times as busy

This is voter disenfranchisement, there is no other loving way to view it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

so we're all quarantining our cats yeah?

I have a farm cat that turned up out of nowhere and murders everything small and squeaky. I also have a couple of cats of my own that are pets. I lassoed the batshit crazy farm cat and threw her in with my boys (who are neutered) to protect her quite some time ago. She's been out for my blood ever since.

Not a Children posted:

lmao the federal government is seizing all imports of medical supplies to give cronies lucrative contracts to "check" and resell said medical supplies

wait til you see how nuts it gets in about 6 weeks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can you imagine being 70+ years old and wanting to do anything other than sit around on a porch doing your drug of choice constantly while wishing death would just hurry up and take you?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Not a Children posted:

I can't believe the government is turning everything in the USSR. Trump should do something about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

ooo, number go up!!!

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/1246142281553510401