Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

a work buddy of mine lives in a town (Littleton, mass) that just had the national guard take over an old folks home because everyone in there has the rona. I guess it is better than just leaving them there like france or spain or whatever.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/national-guard-responding-to-mass-nursing-home-where-5-residents-died/2101885/

his folks flew from florida back home to Albany a few weeks back too. what a poo poo show it's gotta be for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

pancake rabbit posted:

in non-corona news, the kennedy curse is alive and well

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1246122367589453829

you should always wear a life jacket when canoeing

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pancake rabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/riccimike/status/1246121853766078465

I'll have to ask my NRP buddy if this was in his area next time I see him online

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

TMMadman posted:

Can you imagine being 70+ years old and wanting to do anything other than sit around on a porch doing your drug of choice constantly while wishing death would just hurry up and take you?

It's funny watching people who normally wouldn't do something be told they cant so now they have to go outside and do poo poo. Good poo poo, privilege

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Listen Jack, how I turn ventilator on

How do I open lungs

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

worst depression in recorded history coming, stalker

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Not a Children posted:

lmao the federal government is seizing all imports of medical supplies to give cronies lucrative contracts to "check" and resell said medical supplies

We became an eastern bloc nation in less than a month

Nah, it took longer than that

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

The bottom's falling out oh gently caress

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
idiot Kennedys should have stayed home!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

shovelbum posted:

like does the US have troops roaming the world seizing poo poo or what

Troops are unnecessary.

3M is an American company. The President can order it to divert shipments as he wishes since invoking the Defense Production Act.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Gum posted:

How do I open lungs

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Nodelphi posted:

Ed goon update: Things are getting busy and grim. We’re making protocols for who we will and will not resuscitate. Nursing homes are all infected and dumping patients on us en masse, even if they’re already DNR.

Have 2 docs out sick and one is getting worse. That crazy I mentioned that wanted a tour of the ED has been spotted around again and authorities are looking in to it. We are out of gowns. We’ve got 3 ventilators left.

What state?

Godspeed.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Eat This Glob posted:

a work buddy of mine lives in a town (Littleton, mass) that just had the national guard take over an old folks home because everyone in there has the rona. I guess it is better than just leaving them there like france or spain or whatever.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/national-guard-responding-to-mass-nursing-home-where-5-residents-died/2101885/

his folks flew from florida back home to Albany a few weeks back too. what a poo poo show it's gotta be for him

the veterans retirement home in holyoke has already had something like 21 deaths among 280 residents and the adminstrator was trying to keep it hush hush and didn't tell anyone's families or anything like that. truly ghastly.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

OhFunny posted:

Troops are unnecessary.

3M is an American company. The President can order it to divert shipments as he wishes since invoking the Defense Production Act.

can't china just seize their overseas factories tho

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

pancake rabbit posted:

gently caress those fucks for going out boating with lockdowns and ER rooms are full. this is exactly why stuff like hiking trails, parks, etc. are shut down right now--so idiots don't get lost, hurt and pull a bunch of emergency resources away from virus help

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The bottom's falling out oh gently caress

And Mr Trump gets' re-elected.

Since the DNC is intentionally designed to be a incompetent opposition party focused on clapbacks and pink pussy hats as a cargo cult like parody of direct action.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

shovelbum posted:

I suppose, but I don't see why China would care to. They didn't stop a Chinese company from sending masks to the US instead of France at the last minute.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

gently caress those fucks for going out boating with lockdowns and ER rooms are full. this is exactly why stuff like hiking trails, parks, etc. are shut down right now--so idiots don't get lost, hurt and pull a bunch of emergency resources away from virus help

i can gaurentee that they aren't going to be taking up a hospital bed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow I sure hope American law doesn’t let a president have emergency powers he can use to enrich himself

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TMMadman posted:

Can you imagine being 70+ years old and wanting to do anything other than sit around on a porch doing your drug of choice constantly while wishing death would just hurry up and take you?

I want this at 34

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

shovelbum posted:

There's no shortage of masks in China or SK or any of those other countries.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you glue shut the exhale valve on an N95 that has one, will the filter material be damaged by the 2-way flow or will it be good?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy gently caress

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

There's no shortage of masks in China or SK or any of those other countries.

oh right, the ones where poo poo is made

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

my bony fealty posted:

maybe some of those fuckers will actually jump from the buildings this time

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

pretty much every prediction has been lower than the actual for the past 2 weeks for unemployment

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my bony fealty posted:

Time to sit around the barrel fire and play harmonica

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

euphronius posted:

wow I sure hope American law doesn’t let a president have emergency powers he can use to enrich himself

you didnt say anything about presidents shithead family, loophole found

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

shovelbum posted:

If you glue shut the exhale valve on an N95 that has one, will the filter material be damaged by the 2-way flow or will it be good?

what's the purpose of breaking the valve though?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thesnydes/status/1246117388170518530?s=21

capital is murdering everyone lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Basic Poster posted:

A fair amount of ink has been spilt regarding the lethality of a .22lr.

John Hinkley

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

deleted already

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

pretty much every prediction has been lower than the actual for the past 2 weeks for unemployment

I'm pretty sure the current increase in the stock market is a dead cat bounce.

Pretty sure it's no where near the bottom lol.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1246076084468084737

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

etalian posted:

And Mr Trump gets' re-elected.

Since the DNC is intentionally designed to be a incompetent opposition party focused on clapbacks and pink pussy hats as a cargo cult like parody of direct action.

They'll never bring anyone that compromises their companies and finances. They would pick a comatose man over a man with a plan that will require them to pay more in taxes

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

LMAO commander trump gonna send army goons to lock down the 3M boardroom, mark my words

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

When studying archaeology, the bronze age collapses, Greek dark age etc were super interesting and I always wondered about those bits not represented in the material record and how things went down. You can learn a lot from material evidence but are limited by what survives, the preservation conditions, having to interpret with no emic context etc. Not gonna lie the part of me trained for this is just agog at getting to live through this (provided I continue to live lol)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's funny because Russia is likely to see a whole bunch of russians evaporate because putin spent most of the decade vaporizing its health system and whatever trust people had it's government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

Time to sit around the barrel fire and play harmonica

find me chillin with Freedom in the army warehouses