Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

pretty solid user name / post combo here

edit for snipe: ... considering the fact that if you are reading this right now you are dead and are in hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Rah! posted:

yeah i had random stabbing pain in my chest here and there over the past few weeks too. but last night it turned into a constant dull pain that never left. Also have more of a cough now, but barely...its nothing compared to lung infections ive had in the past. Of course i could still breath properly during those lung infections, and they ended after 1-2 weeks. good times

How long has it been going on now? By all accounts it's a poo poo to shake off and lasts for 3+ weeks :/

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gregday posted:

holy poo poo the US is going to go from 100k -> 300k in a week

nature is amazing

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

gregday posted:

guess what we're doing next week

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Meghan is feeling out a platform for her own move into politics, she's been doing it for awhile now, ever since a month or so ago when she started yammering away about GODS GUNS AND PRO-LIFE AND CHURCH AND SMALL TOWN VALUES and poo poo like she isn't a billionaire heiress whose primary housing concern has been which palace she will summer at

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

gregday posted:

When exponentials get going, they get going

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

nature is amazing

The Crazy Nastyass Corona Virus

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AnoHito posted:

That was one of my favorite beers :smith:

they made it using privatized water robbed from the people of baja california

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

gregday posted:

praise satan for exponential growth

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

How long has it been going on now? By all accounts it's a poo poo to shake off and lasts for 3+ weeks :/

its been just over three weeks now

its extra frustrating because i keep having stretches of 1-4 days where i think i'm getting progressively better, and then it all comes back again, sometimes worse than ever before.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

AnoHito posted:

That was one of my favorite beers :smith:

Yeah I liked it as well. God everything really is dying

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
on the bright side now y'all have an opportunity to try a second beer brand for the first time in your lives

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Homeless Friend posted:

She's scared of her amazon orders being contaminated

lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah! posted:

its been just over three weeks now

its extra frustrating because i keep having stretches of 1-4 days where i think i'm getting progressively better, and then it all comes back again, sometimes worse than ever before.

corowneda virus

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

US numbers are skyrocketing and no other country is close to them

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

pancake rabbit posted:

in non-corona news, the kennedy curse is alive and well

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1246122367589453829

kennedy fails to operate a means of conveyance properly and someone dies as a result. where have i heard this one before?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Oh poo poo! She’s out.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think this one makes sense in the same way that the toilet paper shortage did. When you deep fry something yourself there's no way to rationalize it as healthy or a good idea. Consequently 95% of my potato intake comes from restaurants where I don't have to see the magic happen.

They're also one of the staple foods that's hardest, in my opinion, to cook like you get it in a restaurant. I love potatoes and make them regularly, but potatoes require more and harder prep than making rice or pasta.

Like, they're not hard to make by any stretch, and frankly I prefer potatoes to either rice or pasta, but when I was learning to cook for myself, I ended up falling back on the easy stuff more often than not. I suspect a lot of people are in the same boat.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Probably hitting 7k ded today

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

She had that one tweet where she crack/pinged and then erased it where she actually realized America isn't a great nation. In about ~6 months we'll be welcoming her to the resistance I guess???

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

CODChimera posted:

No other country has our disastrous for-profit only healthcare system.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CODChimera posted:

France was leading us for a while, but we loving armstronged on them so hard!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gregday posted:

Good thing there's not a primary next week

*checks notes* lol

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

When exponentials get going, they get going

which is yet another reason why all the talk of china underreporting their numbers is ridiculous

like yeah, maybe they're undercounted by 10% or 20% or 50% or 100% but lmao at the idea of covering up true exponential growth

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol trump is right about aoc beating schumer

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

gregday posted:

when other players let you get that engine goin the later turns can net a lot of points, it's a bit of a broken strategy

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I've been reading a book called From Jesus to Christianity and it really got me excited about ancient history. Some of the stuff like the Battle of Actium & the First Revolt (Roman army sieging Jerusalem) has me shook. How do I not know these things? Time to deep dive into history.

I went to school last century, so around 6 or 7 years ago when I heard about neanderthal genome being mapped and the results of it had me wondering the same thing. Easiest thing: Lol, search amazon kindle books. There are good history books on there by reputable authors. In regards to the bronze age collapse, i picked up Cline's 1177 BC The Year History Collapsed a few years ago, and it was a good kindle read. That stuff used to be my bedtime reading before ol' tromo got elected.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FAUXTON posted:

number is fake

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1245539683221868544

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
so uh did we talk about this
https://twitter.com/GlobalNational/status/1246075494203674625
https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1246144460448284672

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I feel like my Depression brain is already taking over. My girlfriend opened a beer the other night but forgot to drink it so I made bread with it and ate it with black bean soup

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JoeBangles posted:

I went to school last century, so around 6 or 7 years ago when I heard about neanderthal genome being mapped and the results of it had me wondering the same thing. Easiest thing: Lol, search amazon kindle books. There are good history books on there by reputable authors. In regards to the bronze age collapse, i picked up Cline's 1177 BC The Year History Collapsed a few years ago, and it was a good kindle read. That stuff used to be my bedtime reading before ol' tromo got elected.

lol cline is a popular press book machine

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

worldometers has 4 more hours before they reset for the day and are at +850 deaths in the USA. We are definitely going over 7k total

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

triple sulk posted:

lol trump is right about aoc beating schumer

does Schumer even do anything

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

twit666 posted:

If you haven't seen it watch Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Werner Herzog.

This is truth. I have seen it, but i've never seen a 3d version of it. The idea of a Werner Herzog documentary filmed in 3d makes me think i'm really missing out. I kind of wish there was enough information for him to make one about Gobekli Tepe.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

covid tracker lists 6,921 for the us so yeah 7000 is assured

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I feel like my Depression brain is already taking over. My girlfriend opened a beer the other night but forgot to drink it so I made bread with it and ate it with black bean soup

Thinking more about your own consumption is cool

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

CODChimera posted:

does Schumer even do anything

he's really good at fundraising and that's why he got the job

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1246163880822419457

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014