Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Meghan is feeling out a platform for her own move into politics, she's been doing it for awhile now, ever since a month or so ago when she started yammering away about GODS GUNS AND PRO-LIFE AND CHURCH AND SMALL TOWN VALUES and poo poo like she isn't a billionaire heiress whose primary housing concern has been which palace she will summer at

It is only possible to become relevant in American politics by being obscenely rich. Imo this is a flaw in the system, though in actuality it's working as intended. It would be cool if there was some way to be able to do politics without being absurdity wealthy, and indeed further it would be better if there was no way to be bribed into becoming more wealthy by groups or people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dustcat posted:

lol he relied on president trump

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

shovelbum posted:

lol cline is a popular press book machine

I'm referring to the author Eric Cline. It was published by Princeton University Press.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

he asked, didn't order

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

H..how could trump betray us? I never saw this coming. How could trymp be bad. Scratching my head at how I could be shafted by tnuop

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dustcat posted:

lol he relied on president trump

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JoeBangles posted:

I'm referring to the author Eric Cline. It was published by Princeton University Press.

yah that dude churns em out lmao

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Someone somewhere said that 3Ms raw materials come from Canada which if so, lol

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Harton posted:

Oh poo poo! She’s out.

oh my god i love this cat. she is a beautiful champion!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

while i dont condone killing people with mailbombs, the stuff he said in his manifesto is actually pretty insightful and worrisome

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Owned

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Sharkie posted:

oh my god i love this cat. she is a beautiful champion!

She’s my little smush face runt forever kitten.

Rode a flatbed from Nashville to Chicago. My wife found her in a roll of geo grid squeeking at a construction site.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
one of my best friends lost his grandfather on Monday and they had a service yesterday but he couldn’t attend due to them limiting the number of people. seeing him today and being unable to hug him is so awful and god this sucks :(

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Just got off the phone with my mum - my brother's wife and their three kids have just had the roni and my brother's wife described it as the sickest she's ever felt. She's a pharmacist so was at risk of getting it. My brother looked after them and was asymptomatic. I gather she was tested due to being NHS staff. All are now fine, no hospital visits required. Very relieved they are OK, and all now have the superpower of being able to do whatever the gently caress they want

That's wonderful news, genuinely glad to hear it. :unsmith:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
finally did a north Seattle grocery run this AM after not hitting the stores for 3 weeks or more

its gotten real dystopic real fast
  • local QFC now has a god damned guard tower with cameras in the parking lot
  • 4 police patrols over the course of 2 hrs, this is the most I've seen since moving here 3+ years ago
  • beefed up security in all the stores
  • social distancing ques into the stores

real show of force out there

capital must be getting worried :grin:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

the poo poo trump and kushner are doing with ppe is insane

but trump really will bring an end to global american hegemony. we have finally accelerated.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

JoeBangles posted:

This is truth. I have seen it, but i've never seen a 3d version of it. The idea of a Werner Herzog documentary filmed in 3d makes me think i'm really missing out. I kind of wish there was enough information for him to make one about Gobekli Tepe.

It's so god drat good in 3d! The art bends around the walls and you really see all the depth to it, it's incredible. The only 3d film I ever liked.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

we cant offer money food or medicine but u can have all the thoughts and prayers ur heart desires

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Lol at the entirety of America's ethnocentric commentators descending into full 'this is just like Harry Potter' mode as they distil the tragic global human experience of suffering under a pandemic into 'this is good for/bad for/a conspiracy to hurt number/tromp'

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

eric ciaramella posted:

he's really good at fundraising and that's why he got the job

He also got it as like 1/3 of the Dem caucus was prepping a Presidential run, so they needed someone who wouldn't be hard to push aside as soon as the presidential losers wandered back and wanted a consolation prize. Right now, he retains the role because the minority leader gets poo poo on constantly and none of the hypercompetitive presidential losers want to get clowned on by McConnell for months. The second it looks like the Dems might get a majority, the knives will come out.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1246168659032248326
many people are saying

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pancake rabbit posted:

in non-corona news, the kennedy curse is alive and well

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1246122367589453829

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoUaJFH252w

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Grey Fox posted:

how much of this is because Meghan is afraid her Amazon deliveries will get her sick?

"If we don't fix this we're ALL hosed" is correct.

It's amazing to see them seeing sense after, uh, all of the past years.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BULBASAUR posted:

finally did a north Seattle grocery run this AM after not hitting the stores for 3 weeks or more

• 4 police patrols over the course of 2 hrs, this is the most I've seen since moving here 3+ years ago

In Contagion looting started almost immediately and once that starts it is hard to stop. Like a pandemic really.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

Seattle has been doing guard towers in parking lots since before the pandemic right?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

*bangs cutlery on table*

MU TI NY

MU TI NY

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

That's wonderful news, genuinely glad to hear it. :unsmith:

Thanks, I'm very hearted, my brother is a bit distant from us communication-wise so it wasn't a surprise to hear about it after it all went down, but of course I'm so utterly relieved and glad the whole family is ok.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Schnorkles posted:

There are some "western republicans" in the TR mold that are still around. Very strongly environmental, very anti-government (but even more anti big business), etc.

But most republicans in these areas are just as chuddy and lovely and entitled as white people everywhere else.

Source: i live in Idaho

the last of the good idaho republicans got replaced in the 90s when the california cop retirees invaded the state and immediately started making it shittier

there's still some hypothetically good republicans left in the panhandle but every republican south of riggins is a chud

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol new zealand health minister david clark had to apologize to the country because he violated lockdown by driving his van to a remote park and going mountain biking, and a member of the public saw it from a distance and reported it to the press

if you're wondering 'but how did they know it was health minister david clark if they only saw it from a distance?':

lmao

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Wonder where we'll be in a month

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

pancake rabbit posted:

in non-corona news, the kennedy curse is alive and well

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1246122367589453829

the doctor performing the autopsy found a combined 48 gunshot wounds

"worst case of drowning I've ever seen" he said "real tragic accident"

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Guard towers sounds ridiculous

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Might see 1.1 million tonight at this rate

Logarithmic chart curve is starting to curl upwards 😬

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Apraxin posted:

lol new zealand health minister david clark had to apologize to the country because he violated lockdown by driving his van to a remote park and going mountain biking, and a member of the public saw it from a distance and reported it to the press

if you're wondering 'but how did they know it was health minister david clark if they only saw it from a distance?':

lmao

Yeah that shook my confidence a bit

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Harton posted:

She’s my little smush face runt forever kitten.

Rode a flatbed from Nashville to Chicago. My wife found her in a roll of geo grid squeeking at a construction site.

:3: aw, good for y'all

uggy posted:

one of my best friends lost his grandfather on Monday and they had a service yesterday but he couldn’t attend due to them limiting the number of people. seeing him today and being unable to hug him is so awful and god this sucks :(

oh no. i'm sorry. i feel bad for you and your friend. this really does suck.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

shovelbum posted:

Seattle has been doing guard towers in parking lots since before the pandemic right?

Outlet malls for sure, not grocery stores to my knowledge

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

shovelbum posted:

not in any of the north seattle stores I go to, and I go to ~5-6 for different things

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Outlet malls for sure, not grocery stores to my knowledge

I think one of the times it made the national "lol the west coast" news last year it was at a safeway lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

charity rereg posted:

pretty sure the poster was commenting on the abnormality of an entire ships crew cheering their fired captain, defying their commander and chief in basically open chanting rebellion

and they were closer than 6 feet apart!