Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1246155524720164870

Some good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Are you sick of eating beans for weeks?

Then gently caress you, beans are life. But also, make quick pickles to accompany your beans. The vinegar, spices, and crunch will really liven up your rice and beans.

Quick pickles

Slice up some vegs. Thick slices for max crunch.
Carrots
Jalapenos
Onion
Garlic, just crush the cloves

Put the sliced vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.

Boil some brine (scale amounts so you have enough to cover vegs, but don't add veg yet).
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar (cider or whatever you got)
1 tbsp salt
Some spices, I suggest black peppercorns, bay leaf, crushed red pepper, coriander, mustard seed, allspice, couple cloves. All spices should be whole, not ground. I recommend going heavy on the coriander. Pickled coriander seeds are great on their own.

Boil the brine and spices for several minutes, then pour the hot brine over the vegetables. This will barely cook the surface of the carrots so they carry more flavor, but still keep their crunch.

Let cool, then store in the fridge. It'll keep for a long time (at least a few weeks). The garlic will turn blue-green. This is a normal chemical reaction to the vinegar, doesn't affect flavor.

ryanrs has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Apr 3, 2020

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

actionjackson posted:

How much was the flooring / sq. ft? hardwood or laminate? I'm getting laminate installed pretty soon. carpet with a dog sucks.

Hardwood, I believe it’s this stuff. Think I paid about 4-5$ a square foot about 4 years ago.

https://schillings.com/products/flooring/solid-hardwood/oak-java-handscraped-4-1516-x-34/

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This dude totally posts variations of “AEB”, “ARB”, “EAB” in the Japanese version of their Trump thread

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Strep Vote posted:

There's a cat in my neighborhood who refused to be shooed off my porch and out of the bird garden, and when I reached out and picked it up it started purring. :3: cats are lovely, I hope yours stay safe, roni thread.

They carry coronavirus, you should not be interacting with strange cats or their feces

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Dustcat posted:

now there's a kickstarter idea

Juicero but for coffee

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tei posted:

My brain can't process cats. They are cool, but they looks like furballs I can't randomly pick and hug... like I know I can always do with a dog (except perhaps if the dog is eating something, I guess).

Dogs are a nice reliable hardware store. You know you're going to get something pretty good but it might not be the most exciting experience.

Cats are that strange curio shop that you swore wasn't there yesterday.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Abe is a waste! The SUCC Rikken Minshu-tō are a MESS

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I would not be at all sad if these ghouls caught the virus

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

EBE

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1246146713523453957

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

D1E posted:

I'm seeing a lot of posts from goons speculating about the incredible revolution that is going to take place in the United States as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some are reasonable, and some are pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

I'm reposting what I genuinely believe will be the end outcome of all of this.

Note that other countries will likely see significant (and positive) change - New Zealand for one. But not the ultimate bastion of capitalism.

The only problem I have with this is that it assumes there's anyone left in government competent enough to administrate the return to status quo.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

finally did a north Seattle grocery run this AM after not hitting the stores for 3 weeks or more

its gotten real dystopic real fast
  • social distancing ques into the stores

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apraxin posted:

lol new zealand health minister david clark had to apologize to the country because he violated lockdown by driving his van to a remote park and going mountain biking, and a member of the public saw it from a distance and reported it to the press

if you're wondering 'but how did they know it was health minister david clark if they only saw it from a distance?':

lmao

[squirrly, monotone new zealander voice] I guess I just didn't think to drive the car that didn't have my face and name prominently featured on it,

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy lol there's so many people out

there's no hope for containing this

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Left my house to pick up a peppermint plant and it was terrifying lol. But I need renewable tea.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

ryanrs posted:

Are you sick of eating beans for weeks?

Then gently caress you , beans are life. But also, make quick pickles to accompany your beans. The vinegar, spices, and crunch will really liven up your rice and beans.

Quick pickles

Slice up some vegs. Thick slices for max crunch.
Carrots
Jalapenos
Onion
Garlic, just crush the cloves

Put the sliced vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.

Boil some brine (scale amounts so you have enough to cover vegs, but don't add veg yet).
1 cup water
1 cup vinegar (cider or whatever you got)
1 tbsp salt
Some spices, I suggest black peppercorns, crushed red pepper, coriander, mustard seed, allspice, couple cloves. All spices should be whole, not ground. I recommend going heavy on the coriander. Pickled coriander seeds are great on their own.

Boil the brine and spices for several minutes, then pour the hot brine over the vegetables. This will barely cook the surface of the carrots so they carry more flavor, but still keep their crunch.

Store in the fridge. It'll keep for a long time (at least a few weeks). The garlic will turn blue-green. This is a normal chemical reaction to the vinegar, doesn't affect flavor.

please wait until food is room temp before placing in the fridge

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

shovelbum posted:

They carry coronavirus, you should not be interacting with strange cats or their feces

Already infected with toxoplasmosis.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Is Trump a bad enough dude to fire all of them?

It's not the first time "upper management" didn't listen to a Captain Crozier

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Boomers still driving their Mercedes to the bank to check their balances in person and get take out coffee from next door. Death wish kind people I guess.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Guess who got ahold of some vacuum cleaner bags!? time to start fitting them into masks

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

shovelbum posted:

Nah, this was back in September. Stray cats get the annoying end of the broom now, but I haven't seen any lately.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Ah no sorry, one mustn't be flippant about the sanctity of human life, and must at all times be sad if terrible people who have spread misery to millions were to get the virus

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wow thank u mr huckabee

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

triple sulk posted:

holy lol there's so many people out

there's no hope for containing this

Lol yeah TN Governor mandated stay at home today and the traffic didn't change at all. "Guys this is super serious, only essential jobs are open" *looks at list of essential jobs which is basically a description of every job in the state* cool

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mobby_6kl posted:

Is Trump a bad enough dude to fire all of them?

Sluts are good though??

Please please coup Trump so the chuds attack the military and get wiped out in response

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

Added note.

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

shovelbum posted:

little kids carry coronavirus too, so i'm gonna keep interacting with cats since i don't have kids

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I hope every one of those named idiots gets the virus

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

Ah no sorry, one mustn't be flippant about the sanctity of human life, and must at all times be sad if terrible people who have spread misery to millions were to get the virus

then one must head to the mega-church to pray away the covid.

:pray:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

etalian posted:

It's not the first time "upper management" didn't listen to a Captain Crozier

captain crozier knew

https://i.imgur.com/NHCneKN.mp4

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mike the TV posted:

u can use an ice bath to cool it faster

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

this is prob a stupid question but did the thread reach a consensus on whether still ordering takeout from a local joint is good or bad

complications are i don't know anyone who works there so i can't just give them cash and also their food is delicious

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Sharkie posted:

it's an evangelical church, of course it is. and oh look, they do faith healing too lol

https://twitter.com/AwakenJonesboro/status/1185698688087347203

The Virgin Mary
The Chad Pastor

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pancake rabbit posted:

this is prob a stupid question but did the thread reach a consensus on whether still ordering takeout from a local joint is good or bad

complications are i don't know anyone who works there so i can't just give them cash and also their food is delicious

It's good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

by god he s done it again

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Trumo is live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote