Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Just read that pink-eye is a symptom of this. Uh is anything NOT a symptom of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I'd wear a mask if I could get one. I cannot get one.

you can put a bandana or something over your face. I saw a few people doing that today. Its not much, but better than nothing. For the record i couldn't buy a mask either, im using a worn out 3 year old one that i was given during the first of those huge recent Nor Cal wildfires

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Nonsense posted:

Be mindful of Gastro-intestinal and night sweats. Those appear to be the new tell-symptoms for positive cases. My cousin's nurse friend caught it in Boston last week, she lacks the respiratory, but her GI is hosed.

Hm. Saturday I was super sick, thought it might be a hangover/withdrawals or something as it did feel similar at least.

I vomited my brains out all day then and when that subsided like 14 hours later I pissed out of my rear end for another 12 hours. I tried sleeping but had insane sweats and hallucinatory fevery "dreams" (I never actually fell asleep) both Saturday and Sunday nights. I couldn't get my body temp comfortable at all, took a bunch of baths and then cold towels on face etc.

The reason I mentioned withdrawals is because it was extremely similar to real deal alcohol withdrawals which I shouldn't have been having given I only drank one day (heavily).

I don't have any respiratory distress. I have been a little elavated temp wise but not in a fever, although I didn't check the nights I felt like I was dying.

Any sources on those being symptoms?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

We're in an episode of the Twilight Zone, except it's one of the bad ones that doesn't really make sense.

Case in point.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

and so long as we are free to travel between states and cities it doesn't really loving matter when and where it peaks because it could just come back in a month or two when someone drives in from another state with it starting the process all over again

We're gonna have a lot more states closing their borders to other states by the time this is done.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Twitter is part of Hell's infrastructure. I'm sure of it.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Can't believe you would just alert ICE to some seizures for the national stockpile states can't use.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Dunno about ya'll but I'm getting a little stir crazy. I've got a set of gymnastics rings and one of those pullup bar things you can hang in the doorway. What are some good quarantine exercises for a stay-at-home-ordered non overweight but still out of shape goony goon?

Do you have anything to hand the rings off of? There's a bunch of bodyweight exercise books like never gymless

You have to start at the absolute basics and cut weight fast. It absolutely sucks to not be able to hold positions but you'll advance quick

Do wall handstands , Lsits, and that yoga frog pose thing, then work to actual handstands, manna progression, and planche. If you can get rings in a good spot do back levers , then a million skin the cats in tuck for pull and extend when lowering

And lots of pullups. For everything where you're doing a hold you do something like 60 total seconds in the whole. This might mean 60 x 1 second each when you're starting out , this poo poo is hard but rewarding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rampaging techno-barbarians

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Is there any truth to Fauci's claims we're going to be a lot better prepared by the fall? Because if not I don't see any reason why the second wave wouldn't be at least as bad if not much worse...

i just can't fathom how, if the disease were to let up a bit during the summer, we would do anything other than immediately and completely forget any and all lessons learned and start barreling 120% back to the status-quo. might be even worse because of the boy who cried wolf effect going on, as corona moves into the "fixed" regions of people's brains and they manage to take it even less seriously the second time around

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Just read that pink-eye is a symptom of this. Uh is anything NOT a symptom of this?

I'm probably wrong but I feel like at least some of the new symptoms or signs that people have been talking about recently aren't real. It's just that so many people are sick you can get three or four people showing up at the hospital at the same time who have Corona and pinkeye.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Is there any truth to Fauci's claims we're going to be a lot better prepared by the fall? Because if not I don't see any reason why the second wave wouldn't be at least as bad if not much worse...

lol no, even if he honestly believes it

if something does come together somehow, it will be entirely on accident

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gripweed posted:

We're gonna have a lot more states closing their borders to other states by the time this is done.

My extended family has a vacation cabin in the UP (our cousins live up there year round) and we are all concerned the UP will just block the dozen bridges by the time the lake is warm enough to swim in

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Peak is still several months ahead, hope you've been preparing

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Burn Zone posted:

There are roni test kits available on DHgate. I think they were probably backdoor'd out of a manufacturing place or fell off the back of a truck. They look like legit antibody tests, but I don't know poo poo about this stuff. I guess these are the tests that people have been saying aren't working as they would only show a positive result after your body started to produce antibodies in an amount measurable by the test, so not much use for quickly determining if that fever and headache is the Toni Roni or not.

at the start of this those types of things were all over alibaba but they removed all listings a bit later on

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Zyme posted:

i just can't fathom how, if the disease were to let up a bit during the summer, we would do anything other than immediately and completely forget any and all lessons learned and start barreling 120% back to the status-quo. might be even worse because of the boy who cried wolf effect going on, as corona moves into the "fixed" regions of people's brains and they manage to take it even less seriously the second time around

so people get to crack ping again during outbreak two. Not all bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

XK posted:

We're in an episode of the Twilight Zone, except it's one of the bad ones that doesn't really make sense.

Case in point.

None of us are main characters, we're just folks already sent to the cornfield

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1246210382085185539

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Gripweed posted:

I'm probably wrong but I feel like at least some of the new symptoms or signs that people have been talking about recently aren't real. It's just that so many people are sick you can get three or four people showing up at the hospital at the same time who have Corona and pinkeye.

I had an eye infection like two weeks ago... my son had the same as well as dry cough weeks earlier. Who the gently caress knows. I hope my family and I have had the roni.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

nice

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Greatest man in the world

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Hm. Saturday I was super sick, thought it might be a hangover/withdrawals or something as it did feel similar at least.

I vomited my brains out all day then and when that subsided like 14 hours later I pissed out of my rear end for another 12 hours. I tried sleeping but had insane sweats and hallucinatory fevery "dreams" (I never actually fell asleep) both Saturday and Sunday nights. I couldn't get my body temp comfortable at all, took a bunch of baths and then cold towels on face etc.

The reason I mentioned withdrawals is because it was extremely similar to real deal alcohol withdrawals which I shouldn't have been having given I only drank one day (heavily).

I don't have any respiratory distress. I have been a little elavated temp wise but not in a fever, although I didn't check the nights I felt like I was dying.

Any sources on those being symptoms?

My aunt is CEO of a hospital...she just spoke with my parents on speaker phone about it. All of her positive cases the past two weeks have lacked fevers. All had GI issues, and body-aches, night sweats. Shortness of breath is still the primary immediate symptom. San Antonio doesn't need doctor's approval to get tested. See if your community opened up testing to anybody based on suspect symptoms.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Lotta bad feels itt rn so here's another shot that shows off her unique coloring. She's truly incredible in sunlight but my phone camera doesn't do it justice.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haha lol this man is the president

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm reading a chinese handbook on how prevent coronavirus transmission from one of their wards that recorded 0 tranmissions between staff and patients and yeah no, the american century is over

quote:

This pandemic is a common challenge faced by mankind in the age of globalization. At this
moment, sharing resources, experiences and lessons, regardless of who you are, is our only
chance to win. Because the real remedy for epidemics is not isolation, but cooperation.
This war has just begun.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Quetzadilla posted:

Lotta bad feels itt rn so here's another shot that shows off her unique coloring. She's truly incredible in sunlight but my phone camera doesn't do it justice.

beautiful catt

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Covid -19 test results still wont be ready for another week probably, thanks to the backlog. But my X-rays looked fine, my lungs sounded fine and my blood oxygen level was slightly higher than when i last went in, even though my lungs feel worse now. Doctor thinks i was sick with whatever for a week or two and it (with possible allergen help)triggered undiagnosed asthma thats now constantly fuckin my poo poo up. I got an allergy pill perscription to go along with the inhaler i was prescribed last week. Lol i like lungs that dont have trouble breathing properly
:sad:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

whats the best app for complete beginners simplified mandarin

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The states that aren't quarantining are doing the rest of us a favor by peaking early and burning out while we're still working through a slow burn well after they're done

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246224055067385856?s=19

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Quetzadilla posted:

that cat is freaky

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

I'm reading a chinese handbook on how prevent coronavirus transmission from one of their wards that recorded 0 tranmissions between staff and patients and yeah no, the american century is over

there's a lot to criticize about china's government and treatment but when "western liberal democracy" results in the wealthy making GBS threads all over the poor and basically having a corporate sector do the work of a dictatorship by controlling and manufacturing the discourse, and they can't even handle this crisis as well as china. then gently caress it, democracy failed in the marketplace of ideas, as they would say.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

The states that aren't quarantining are doing the rest of us a favor by peaking early and burning out while we're still working through a slow burn well after they're done

Holy poo poo, a backburn through the population to stop the wildfire

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Florida is bad very bad.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

in america we rely on a healthy decentralized system of FREE MEN instead of AUTHORITARIANISM

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/sportsguymarv/status/1246171863899930624

smart!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

badass

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

well more health care workers will have had the virus by then and be less likely to be taken out of work by it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Quetzadilla posted:

she a maine coon or just kinda looks like one? her fur is very pretty :3: