Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Dustcat posted:

that's gotta be awkward

"so long, suckers"

*recovers*

"hello, suckers"

yeah I’m sure his kids are acting hella awkward that papa didn’t croak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if the chinese can hide millions of dead uyghurs and their hidden moonbase, then they can definitely cover up the millions dead of coronavirus. nothing gets in or out of china, the "hermit" kingdom. xi's personal fief

THS
Sep 15, 2017

president xi shot all the wuhan doctors with AA guns and executed their family members by throwing them in arenas filled with hungry dogs

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Inceltown posted:

Trump logic is :magical:

look there's bound to be a bit of lag as the order works its way down the chain of command, you try to keep fractious and competitive colonies of brainworms and brainspiders working together as well as the president has, it's not easy

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Farm Frenzy posted:

the bbc is already doing holocaust denier math https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1245732854643949570

I guess the BBC has been instructed to deliver this monstruous message of eugenetics.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Be mindful of Gastro-intestinal and night sweats. Those appear to be the new tell-symptoms for positive cases. My cousin's nurse friend caught it in Boston last week, she lacks the respiratory, but her GI is hosed.

i've had gastro issues for a while so that's nothing new. i did go through a period in Feb/March where i was sweating in my sleep so much I'd have to change clothes two or three times per night, replace pillowcases, move to the couch for a while to let my bed dry, etc. never had a fever, cough, sore through or breathing issues though.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
p sure Bolsonaro's been couped

https://www.eldestapeweb.com/nota/horacio-verbitsky-revelo-que-un-alto-militar-se-hizo-cargo-del-gobierno-de-brasil-2020438560

Is this corona's first government overthrow? lmao

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just multiplying Italy's current deaths by how much bigger the US is gets us to like 85K dead, and well under counting plus the backside of the curve not being over in Italy makes me think that 100K is certainly low now for the US and if we stay under 240K I will be "happy".

Italy thinks they have undercounted by up to 1/2

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I told a right wing relative how dumb it would be for Wisconsin to hold a primary next week.

Their reply: "Well, the outbreak doesnt seem bad there"

These people have no capacity for proactiveness

well they're called reactionaries for a reason

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paramemetic posted:

No, not at all.

Edit: some places are taking your temperature twice a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJHU6CICPGk

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Inceltown posted:

ah, So u persecute Jared Kushner just because he won't send ventilators? Do Tell. (the country gets mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Inceltown posted:

spoilers: he sent that letter and it was basically just trump calling schumer a dumb bitch

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I present to you this short film called "USA's response to COVID"

https://giant.gfycat.com/SelfassuredAjarFanworms.mp4

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Aino Minako posted:

it takes so much effort on my part not to rub my chud family members’ faces in trump idiocy, telling them “look at this, this is what you voted for and support.”

(also “you should be ashamed” and “you morons” etc etc.)

I don’t want to alienate them from the kids who don’t understand the situation and still like them and some tiny speck of me still thinks some sort of family interaction is good for them.

seems like a maturity thing. I’ve had outbursts in the past at them but have exercised some restraint now. but it’s really really hard.

how do other goons handle it?

Passive agressiveness and suppression until it becomes a mental disorder.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Dude they keep vacillating between cutting our hours and staffing when volumes dip to pulling in out of state moonlighters when volumes spike then wondering why no one has any loyalty to them. Also they told us not to bring in outside meals but do not provide meals.

Also hearing increasing rumors my hospital might fold under the strain.

You're in a hospital just run around with a portable defibrillator, thwap them till they stop moving, and say they died of roni. No one will care

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

when the roni gets me, doctors will be amazed to find that the sedation and breathing tube do nothing to stop my laughter

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah there's definitely some in her mix but she's relatively small at 13 lbs. "Relatively" being the operative word. Our last dear departed Maine coon showed us the joy of having a cat with the affection of a dog so now we're hooked.

I've got a kitty that's half maine coon and she plays fetch. It is adorable

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Inceltown posted:

I present to you this short film called "USA's response to COVID"

https://giant.gfycat.com/SelfassuredAjarFanworms.mp4

needs labels

which one is DEBT

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

i've had gastro issues for a while so that's nothing new. i did go through a period in Feb/March where i was sweating in my sleep so much I'd have to change clothes two or three times per night, replace pillowcases, move to the couch for a while to let my bed dry, etc. never had a fever, cough, sore through or breathing issues though.

At this point :shrug: Stay Safe Goons
https://twitter.com/zbinney_NFLinj/status/1245789672833417217?s=20

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

China is massively lying about their death total but well we probably are also so who loving knows

Did they lie about the hospitals? The medical professionals? Is the handbook i'm reading right now fake news? Because honestly at this point your attitude is just pure denial in the face of the fact our government is literally just going to let people die.

See:

Nodelphi posted:

Dude they keep vacillating between cutting our hours and staffing when volumes dip to pulling in out of state moonlighters when volumes spike then wondering why no one has any loyalty to them. Also they told us not to bring in outside meals but do not provide meals.

Also hearing increasing rumors my hospital might fold under the strain.

were toast

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo I can’t read Spanish

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

THS posted:

president xi shot all the wuhan doctors with AA guns and executed their family members by throwing them in arenas filled with hungry dogs

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dustcat posted:

needs labels

which one is DEBT

lazy sleeping one. you can trust me: i am michael ramirez IRL

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

portuguese

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this is probably bs tbh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

please drink less

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Eat This Glob posted:

lazy sleeping one. you can trust me: i am michael ramirez IRL

I hope you die because of crushing debt. The obituary comics for this will be amazing.

For all those goons out there who were thinking of writing poetry during the quarantine days give up. You have been bested already.

https://twitter.com/emwrobin/status/1245357730736615425

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

snoo posted:

please drink less

alcohol sucks

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
ill just post the entire forward

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/seth_scott/status/1246104000321089537

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
this weekend is going to be a hell of a year

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Did they lie about the hospitals? The medical professionals? Is the handbook i'm reading right now fake news? Because honestly at this point your attitude is just pure denial in the face of the fact our government is literally just going to let people die.

Also the low count is basically explained by how the Chinese did incredibility aggressive approach to dealing with CV in Jan included sophisticated mass surveillance tools

By comparison in Florida they allowed things like Spring Break to go on and spread CV all over creation.

etalian has issued a correction as of 02:16 on Apr 4, 2020

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Dustcat posted:

needs labels

which one is DEBT

THOSE FUCKERS

OUR poo poo

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
baseless claims about how the Chinese are simultaneously incompetent boobs and unerringly deceptive belong in the China thread

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/eponawest/status/1246244222950203393

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

google translate said it was a private correspondence between powerful big-wigs who have lost confidence in Bolsonaro, but does not constitute an official report and at best just reveals people dislike the president.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

numerator erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

not sure about this one.

it comes with a "a friend of a friend told me that". Usually this is not how you learn that a governement changed hands. But who knows. Sometimes a dictator dies, and they make it a secret until they know what to do next.