Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BeefThief posted:

maybe the US will come out of this as even more of an ultra-aggressive hyper-power. like the guy in prison who cuts his own face with broken glass. who knows what he'll do to you on a whim if he cares so little for reducing his own suffering.

The meltdown over this proves that our entire military stance post WW2, that we are willing to fight to win with nuclear arms despite 90%+ of the country being incinerated, is a hollow farce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is too long to screenshot and post, so please enjoy laughing your dick and balls off at a dumb gently caress who called this a leftist hoax to smear blessed god emperor Trump and then died... like a dog.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158108220505789&id=701945788

on one hand REKT on the other i'm not gonna be satisfied until i see a bill mitchell level grifter eat it

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Radirot posted:

why screenshots? do you have the link?

https://www.google.com/search?q=%27...%27t+be+used+on

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday give me the GOD drat VACCINE

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

snoo posted:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/thinkpolca/status/1246120916918005760%5C

lmao, the owners have become the ownees.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Radirot posted:

why screenshots? do you have the link?

To answer your question it was just a yahoo news article of not much importance and having pics here of it is an easier way for the thread to see the info. It's not just a wall of text and nor is it a link that they'd have to click to see not more than what they got there. It was an easy laugh for a thread of people that deserve a laugh.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

thanks

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

those that live by the own, will die by the own

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Came here to post about dead Facebook chud queen, beaten to the punch again. Live like you are dying, everybody.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dog Toothbrush posted:

who is "Pink"? do they mean "P!nk"?

gently caress off.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

where's my trupbux
where's my vaccine

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Inceltown posted:

To answer your question it was just a yahoo news article of not much importance and having pics here of it is an easier way for the thread to see the info. It's not just a wall of text and nor is it a link that they'd have to click to see not more than what they got there. It was an easy laugh for a thread of people that deserve a laugh.

that's fine I just like sharing poo poo from here and links are usually easier.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to a literal hole-in-the-wall pizza place (a doorway big enough for 1 person to stand in it in a tiny alleyway-esque room) near my apt to grab a couple slices to go and it was loving slammed. i guess they were so booked up with non-stop phonecalls and online orders that they were 2 hrs behind

things are starting to return to normal i guess :ca:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

cut myself on this image

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Finally got bored enough to watch Contagion. Movie sucks rear end, was a 90 minute liberal wet dream about the glory of meritocracy. Peaked in like the first 5 minutes when gwyneth paltrow died.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

snoo posted:

I'm posting as hard as I can, what more do you want from me

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Aino Minako posted:

thank you for this post. I really do appreciate it.

a couple years ago, around the kavanaugh thing, I went off on my father pushing him on how he could possibly support these people, and he rationalized it away as supporting the people who will implement some of the policies consistent with his philosophy

I think that nothing will change some of my family members’ positions. their money and identity is wrapped up in it.

While it's certainly possible that they're entrenched in their positions either for ideological or identity reasons, I think that's waaaaay more unlikely than most assume. Like I said before most people's politics are an incoherent mishmash of half-thoughts, but they are absolutely susceptible to the consent-manufactory dumping garbage into their brains 24/7.

I've found it's easier to talk to a chud and find common ground because usually you both agree that poo poo is hosed up and bullshit but might disagree with the solution or how to get there, whereas the liberal lives in a complete fantasy world disconnected from reality rooted in their own faux moral superiority complex and are utterly unwilling to listen. It's also really important to get outside the Dem-Repub false binary because establish Dems are garbage and a hindrance and you don't want to be lumped in with them. The chud's higher natural distrust of media is a boon here as well. It's generally better to approach issues from a practical rather than moral standpoint (i.e. "guaranteed UHC/housing/food/education/social security is good for business to reduce payroll overhead and increase customer base") so you don't sound like a shithead liberal. Depending on particular religious affinity you can find some success from the moral angle to though.

The odds of changing someone's mind with a single conversation are pretty loving slim, but with many conversations over an extended period of time like the kind you would have with family are fertile radicalization grounds. Unless they are actually m/billionaires their class interests are aligned with ours but they've been tricked into thinking otherwise.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

I'm posting as hard as I can, what more do you want from me

come spit in my mouth

twoday
May 4, 2005

snoo posted:

come spit in my mouth

I AM NOT A BIRD

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/MollyBeck/status/1246133203414536194

This will end well

snoo posted:

come spit in my mouth

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress off.

whoa dude, P!nk is super talented.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/arunindy/status/1246303040417611776

There should be more strikes. A lot more.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ankle monitors ordered for Kentucky residents refusing quarantine after coronavirus exposure

quote:

Despite Governor Andy Beshear ordering all Kentucky residents to stay at home to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, some in Louisville are reportedly refusing to self-quarantine.

As a response, Jefferson Circuit Court judge Angela Bisig is ordering ankle monitors for those who were exposed to the coronavirus but who won’t stay at home.

CNN reports that Bisig ordered an individual identified as D.L. to wear a global positioning device for the next two weeks. D.L is reportedly living with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus, as well as someone who is a presumptive case.

About a week ago, D.L. was ordered to self-quarantine for 14 days, the amount of time it takes for an infected individual to exhibit symptoms of the coronavirus. Family members, however, said he leaves his home often.

Bisig ordered the state's Department of Corrections to place an ankle monitor on D.L., who will face criminal charges if they leave the house again.

CNN cites local outlet WDRB as reporting that other Louisville residents were ordered to don ankle monitors as well after they refused to self-isolate. These individuals were also reported as either having the coronavirus or being in contact with the coronavirus.

WDRB reports that Jefferson County has a judge on-call for these types of cases.

This concerning report comes after a group of young Kentucky residents reportedly threw a “coronavirus party” that resulted in at least one person catching the virus.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

or one general

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Taco Duck posted:

Came here to post about dead Facebook chud queen, beaten to the punch again. Live like you are dying, everybody.

How do we know death has occurred?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

I AM NOT A BIRD

:colbert:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

snoo posted:

come spit in my mouth

prohibited!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

twoday
May 4, 2005

ok fine, pm me

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what the gently caress do these bosses think is gonna loving happen

or do they really not care about anything but short term number

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

You can still poo poo on Xi. China hosed up less than the US but they still did lovely stuff at the start.

Compare this to Taiwan who sent doctors to Wuhan when there was still just rumors of a flu-like disease and actually started taking action *before mainland China*.

Ignoring Taiwan's advantages as an island, the disease didn't originate in Taiwan. Any half competent government can justify an ounce of prevention through observation of some other poor sap coughing to death. It's an altogether different level of risk, and long term thinking, to be resolute enough to swallow the pound of cure whole. It's not something other governments have been willing to do. That itself is worthy of praise and has undeniably prevented catastrophic suffering.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo posted:

what the gently caress do these bosses think is gonna loving happen

or do they really not care about anything but short term number

They really don't. Capitalism is literally designed to destroy everything for the sake of number.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's not though. UV-A and B ain't gonna do poo poo, and they're 99% of UV rays that reach the planets surface. You need UV-C to do anything, and very little reaches the surface.

If leaving something out in the sun "nuked" it after only a few hours, it would "nuke" your skin as well, rather than just give you sunburn. Sunlight will somewhat reduce total viral load, but not in any significant amount, and certainly nowhere near "total" which would be required to declare something virus free.

putting water in a clear plastic bottle and setting it on a reflective surface is usually enough to make it drinkable due to UV exposure after a few days. as long as the water is clear, you get 2x the normal radiation through the water and it does in fact nuke it pretty good. its a useful method of making clean drinking water in developing countries.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

snoo posted:

I just leave stuff like my reusable grocery bags outside for a few days to keep it from being inside, though I don't know how long the virus lasts on fabric despite trying to find info, and I don't have an in-unit washer to wash them immediately

This is why China was doing that wild washing of the streets with chemicals. The horrifying aspect of the virus is very under reported compared with what I have been seeing cycled around. The amount of time it survives on surfaces varies from six hours to days given type of surface and environment. It is extremely hard to dodge this virus once it gains a foothold and carriers not displaying any symptoms gets them past every feel good fake testing that is being deployed. The temperature checks are a loving joke and only weed a tiny percentage of highly progressed carriers. Each step forward the idiotic class keeps setting everyone back with brain dead decision. The answer was so loving simple but every person that has power to fix this has a loving dial tone brainwave. We have maximized the pain from this and I have yet to find anyone who is "winning". Political elites and their corporate masters are watching this in their golden bunkers completely failing to see what comes next on this train plowing off the rails and right into a loving volcano.

If I get thrown out of my home I worked my rear end off for I am gonna be making a sandwich in Jeff Bezos's kitchen within the month. Just pay us to stay home and chill you loving ratmen.

twoday
May 4, 2005

what I find most interesting about this meme is that of pure coincidence it rejects the holy Quaran

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/francescosz/status/1245805754386440192?s=20

https://twitter.com/ladyjacquelyne/status/1246201133124771840?s=20

hahahaha, wow! I have to say, I've never experienced it before, but reading your own ideas being parroted back to you in the New York Times makes you feel great

edit: the author of one of the articles is named Roni, and I can't stop laughing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-specific_effect_of_vaccines

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

More updates on how the chattering class Australians are handling the roni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005