Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

This is why China was doing that wild washing of the streets with chemicals. The horrifying aspect of the virus is very under reported compared with what I have been seeing cycled around. The amount of time it survives on surfaces varies from six hours to days given type of surface and environment. It is extremely hard to dodge this virus once it gains a foothold and carriers not displaying any symptoms gets them past every feel good fake testing that is being deployed. The temperature checks are a loving joke and only weed a tiny percentage of highly progressed carriers. Each step forward the idiotic class keeps setting everyone back with brain dead decision. The answer was so loving simple but every person that has power to fix this has a loving dial tone brainwave. We have maximized the pain from this and I have yet to find anyone who is "winning". Political elites and their corporate masters are watching this in their golden bunkers completely failing to see what comes next on this train plowing off the rails and right into a loving volcano.

If I get thrown out of my home I worked my rear end off for I am gonna be making a sandwich in Jeff Bezos's kitchen within the month. Just pay us to stay home and chill you loving ratmen.

:agreed:

the airport temperature checks were one of the first useless "measures" they took when they should've just loving shut all of the poo poo down

the worst thing that would've happened was people and businesses being inconvenienced for a little while if it was really nothing

and now look

everyone everywhere is inconvenienced, suffering, dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Inceltown posted:

More updates on how the chattering class Australians are handling the roni

you'd think that, if you actually typed out that your liberty and prosperity were endangered by compassion, maybe you should consider not being such a huge dick

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh YE S YES YES

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Raiad posted:

you'd think that, if you actually typed out that your liberty and prosperity were endangered by compassion, maybe you should consider not being such a huge dick

have you considered this makes you less money

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Dog Toothbrush posted:

whoa dude, P!nk is super talented.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inceltown posted:

the only arms race this guy should worry about is all the arms racing fist-first at his head and torso

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

i have a serious erection now

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

what I find most interesting about this meme is that of pure coincidence it rejects the holy Quaran

Guillo- all those who reject Quaran-

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Raiad posted:

on one hand REKT on the other i'm not gonna be satisfied until i see a bill mitchell level grifter eat it

Same, but my bloodlust won't be sated until the entire DNC and RNC are in mass graves covered in quick-lime and our interim president is an immune 23 year old.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cash crab posted:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
the disappointment in Trump’s face:

https://twitter.com/motherjones/status/1245495893240905728?s=21

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31055165
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2019.02806/full
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-08659-3
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1580424
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.24.20042937v1.full.pdf

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

lol how he perked up then immediately deflated

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

cash crab posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im sorry, what is happening w the cumin???

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

can you feel that roni ache your balls?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i just watched Annihilation for the first time and honestly all i'm coming away with is jealousy

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

snoo posted:

twoday give me the GOD drat VACCINE

funny thing this, after reading two days posts over the last couple years, wait no sorry, weeks, I decided to look into my personal vaccination history since I have a bunch of weird scars from when I was a baby. turns out being born in Zambia in the 70’s and then traveling all around Europe before settling in Canada is a great way to get every loving shot known to man. gently caress you Roni!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

cumin & black beans is a loving bomb-rear end combo

twoday
May 4, 2005

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

It's true, get some coriander in there while you're at it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

pancake rabbit posted:

i just watched Annihilation for the first time and honestly all i'm coming away with is jealousy

i thought it was better than MK1

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

twoday posted:

Truthbombs being dropped in the thread rn

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

twoday posted:

this with rice on a corn tortilla with a squeeze of lime was my staple for a few months

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I work in pharmacy so I need to ask my boss if we can order BCG vaccines. I looked up the package insert to get an idea of how you administer it and it's........different from any other vaccine I've administered. The vast majority like your average flu vaccine and hopefully the eventual COVID-19 one are given as a shot in the muscle of the upper arm, or occasionally you have those you inject subcutaneously like the MMR vaccine. Even more rarely you have the cholera vaccine which is literally just a packet of powder you mix with water and drink before leaving for your trip to areas where it's endemic.

The BCG vaccine is, apparently, like the smallpox vaccine, given intraepidermally. That is, you take the arm, drop the liquid vaccine preparation onto the skin, then poke the area with a device that has lots of little needles on it that puncture the skin so the vaccine can be absorbed into the epidermis.

https://www.fda.gov/files/vaccines%2C%20blood%20%26%20biologics/published/Package-Insert---BCG-Vaccine.pdf

It really is fascinating, and explains the scarification that occurs often with those two particular vaccines. Now I just have to see if you can even get it right now.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Inceltown posted:

convenient all these people come with cloth already tied around their necks

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
heard a story today about one of our anesthesiologists had a patient rip their tube out and then she had to run in to save him but they didn’t have any PPE available so she just went and did it and saved this kids life.

she’s got a massive fever now and shortness of breath.

gently caress ventilators we won’t have staff to care for anyone either.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ask not for whom the liberty bell tolls for

twoday
May 4, 2005

squirrelzipper posted:

funny thing this, after reading two days posts over the last couple years, wait no sorry, weeks, I decided to look into my personal vaccination history since I have a bunch of weird scars from when I was a baby. turns out being born in Zambia in the 70’s and then traveling all around Europe before settling in Canada is a great way to get every loving shot known to man. gently caress you Roni!

Nice! Do you have the scar on your upper arm? That's the easiest way to tell. I moved around a lot myself and I don't have the paperwork anymore but I still have the scar

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Squizzle posted:

im sorry, what is happening w the cumin???

They unlocked your doghouse way too fast. :colbert:

Imma roll up a newspaper if you keep this up.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

heard a story today about one of our anesthesiologists had a patient rip their tube out and then she had to run in to save him but they didn’t have any PPE available so she just went and did it and saved this kids life.

Yes, that's why you rip vents out of peoples throats if necessary and prioritize healthcare workers over everybody else, it stone cold math. They're more valuable alive than dead. We'll see how quickly this lesson is learned.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Rexicon1 posted:

It always breaks my heart that the good people who will rush in without thought to save a patient, who will sit with the dying because they have no one else and can have no one else with them in their last hours, will bear the brunt of this

Inceltown posted:

Especially while these jackasses get to write op eds and probably won't be touched

Chunky Salsa has issued a correction as of 13:29 on Apr 4, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Givin' me a bad case of flu-balls.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Raiad posted:

every dem state not actively building an army in defiance of the constitution is gonna eat poo poo in all of this

so every dem state

California can hire private military. Oregon has plenty of dems with guns, same goes for Washington.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

The Saucer Hovers posted:

OOH AHAHAHAH

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

LionArcher posted:

California can hire private military. Oregon has plenty of dems with guns, same goes for Washington.

they also have a lot of important military bases that they would effectively inherit

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I work in pharmacy so I need to ask my boss if we can order BCG vaccines. I looked up the package insert to get an idea of how you administer it and it's........different from any other vaccine I've administered. The vast majority like your average flu vaccine and hopefully the eventual COVID-19 one are given as a shot in the muscle of the upper arm, or occasionally you have those you inject subcutaneously like the MMR vaccine. Even more rarely you have the cholera vaccine which is literally just a packet of powder you mix with water and drink before leaving for your trip to areas where it's endemic.

The BCG vaccine is, apparently, like the smallpox vaccine, given intraepidermally. That is, you take the arm, drop the liquid vaccine preparation onto the skin, then poke the area with a device that has lots of little needles on it that puncture the skin so the vaccine can be absorbed into the epidermis.

https://www.fda.gov/files/vaccines%2C%20blood%20%26%20biologics/published/Package-Insert---BCG-Vaccine.pdf

It really is fascinating, and explains the scarification that occurs often with those two particular vaccines. Now I just have to see if you can even get it right now.

according to twiv, the only virus podcast worth listening to, the skin has the best immune response since it has to fight off random invaders, and the pox viruses are good at hiding so you gotta really stimulate the immune system

I think I may have gotten bcg since I was born in a country where it's endemic but idk and nobody is gonna do a mantoux test to find out and I can't find a scar. oh well

twoday
May 4, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Yeah, that's why it leaves a scar. In Japan they do it differently with a special syringe in a 3x3 grid pattern that makes a bunch of small pustules instead of one big one.

It leaves minimal scarring. But to be honest I am happy to have the scar because now I know decades later that I had the vaccine when I was born. That sort of marking is very useful in such apocalyptic circumstances.

There have been recent studies that say it may be more effective if given the normal way:

https://twitter.com/lferreiramoita/status/1213061034539442178?s=19

But I don't think that's approved yet. But yeah if you're a pharmacist and can order some now, um...

I don't want to give any actual advice because I am not a health expert, and I still am not sure if it's true. I too need better data before I could advise you what to do in your situation. It's just a hunch, with a lot of other people who have the same hunch, and some papers, a tiny bit of data. But we need to wait for the proper studies.

If it turns out to be true than maybe you will end up wishing that you had ordered it earlier before demand shot up and it became unavailable. Maybe that is already happening, it's been in the news lately. And maybe it turns out that I was wrong and it's all just a weird series of coincidences and this doesn't actually help, and you spent precious medical resources on something that won't help, during a crisis.

I can't make that decision for you, I can only show you what I think and what I've seen, and it is up to you to make that decision.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
folks, the only way to get the bcg vaccine in the US now is eat the flesh of the vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
why did the US and other countries not administer that vaccine?