Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Spanish fat ninja had enough of the lockdown and was outside. Cops arrested him.
Nobody had to shot or anything like that.

https://twitter.com/policia/status/1246109454824648705

Tei has issued a correction as of 10:59 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Eat my rear end with expired dunkaroo frosting, bitch.

thank you officer!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Inceltown, don't take it personally. Americans are scared and are holding on to what little hope we have even if its totally wrong and we are all hosed

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Inceltown posted:

Sorry I passed on what is being told to our healthcare workers here.

Don't worry it won't happen again.

Thanks!

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

Inceltown, don't take it personally. Americans are scared and are holding on to what little hope we have even if its totally wrong and we are all hosed

Inceltown; please understand it is *also* personal and I actually think you are a very stupid person tia

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

also once you leave the mayo out for 30 minutes making it cold again won't make it unspoiled ok

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Inceltown posted:

Nah, man. The jig is up. They got us.

It's perfectly fine to wear masks for 24 hours then go to the grocery and sneeze on the produce with that same mask still on because they're ~~magic~~ and have a natural +15 spell of immunity that never deteriorates even in the presence of orcs.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Tei posted:

Spanish fat ninja had enough of the lockdown and was outside. Cops arrested him.
Nobody had to shot or anything like that.

Was it really necessary to have 15 armed men and two vehicles to make one guy go home?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Hygiene isn't real" I tell myself as I ram my horrid goon maw into a yellow-tinged N95 mask I've been breathing in for 72 hours.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1246347372503822337?s=21

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i keep reading space godzilla as space gorilla

i cant believe they killed the gorilla channel with the fake virus shutdown thanks obungler

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

also once you leave the mayo out for 30 minutes making it cold again won't make it unspoiled ok

ur not my dad u cant tell me not to eat the hell mayo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thread's a little spicy tonight. something stressing ya'll out? bad weather?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Inceltown posted:

your healthcare workers are most likely competent.

all those other dudes are quoting some amish muthafuck who's fearful of indoor plumbing.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1246347748015607809?s=21

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Goon Boots posted:

Hey, are there still negative prices on certain types of crude?

Possibly, but those would be heavy oil in Canada. The hosed up thing is because of the forward price curve, it makes sense to burn natural gas to keep the reservoir warm because shutting it down will require a long term reheating of the rock.

West Texas is still positive. It was barely last weekend, but Trump tweeted and raised oil prices (anyone dealing in oil ignored it, but computers?), producing is still economic. In my view, we will hit $0-5 oil in the Permian because storage will be full and Trump's claim of agreement between the Saudi's and Russia will faill.

OPEC+ will only cut volumes if they can get an agreement with US producers, and since the US isn't government controlled, we can't hold up our end.

Late edit: Oil is super hosed by more supply by OPEC and Russia and reduced demand by Covid-19.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'to remove thine mask is sinful, ye english. now lemme tell ya how to raise a barn...'
/

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The best part of all this mask confusion is that the poo poo is all designed to be single use disposable and we have to use them for a week because trimp is such a staggering oval office and capitalism has utterly failed. I bet the predominant route of infection for health care workers us going to be from repeatedly handling contaminated ppe over and over. Not that there would be any way to prove it, but when you're keeping your roni rag in a bag for a week how can you possibly avoid contamination?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I want a Nigerian funeral

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1246349579156480003?s=21

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Rah! posted:

i keep reading space godzilla as space gorilla

i cant believe they killed the gorilla channel with the fake virus shutdown thanks obungler

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

oh hell yes, this one has legs

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

this one is so good

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1246349507203235841

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol that trump/the GOP is killing off dumb white people because they can't stop the virus they set off (stupidity)

unfortunately they are killing way more non-white people and that sucks big time

side note i made a mask out of moss i found on a log, will that keep me safe from the covid?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Oil! posted:

Possibly, but those would be heavy oil in Canada. The hosed up thing is because of the forward price curve, it makes sense to burn natural gas to keep the reservoir warm because shutting it down will require a long term reheating of the rock.

West Texas is still positive. It was barely last weekend, but Trump tweeted and raised oil prices (anyone dealing in oil ignored it, but computers?), producing is still economic. In my view, we will hit $0-5 oil in the Permian because storage will be full and Trump's claim of agreement between the Saudi's and Russia will faill.

OPEC+ will only cut volumes if they can get an agreement with US producers, and since the US isn't government controlled, we can't hold up our end.

Late edit: Oil is super hosed by more supply by OPEC and Russia and reduced demand by Covid-19.

What do they do when storage is full? Just stop pumping?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

I take no pleasure in posting this

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i've determined im one of those people that could probably live on a space colony for a while because i miss the outside but it really has[NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]n't affected me in a big way

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Actual Satan posted:

I take no pleasure in posting this

lookin forward to the red wave that results so trump believes he did a good job

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Goon Boots posted:

What do they do when storage is full? Just stop pumping?

they don't know what to do because storage is becoming full and they don't want to stop pumping because restarting pumping after you've stopped can be expensive

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tfw you secure the nom without doing anything

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

groundbreaking

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Frankie Boyle posted:

The whole crisis does raise some interesting questions though: if we all agree that we can’t have the weakest people in society dying as a healthcare system, then why do we tolerate it as an economic system? We see articles about people who have stockpiled hand sanitiser to sell at a markup, but they are the people the system we live in supports, and that is what speculation is. How do we ever find a way out of this within our current system? Drugs need to be developed in the public sector: Big Pharma has no interest in putting itself out of business by creating universal vaccines, and spends more on advertising than research.

Indeed, you have to wonder if the virus is so very different from extractive capitalism. It commandeers the manufacturing elements of its hosts, gets them to make stuff for it; kills a fair few, but not enough to stop it spreading. There is no normal for us to go back to. People sleeping in the streets wasn’t normal; children living in poverty wasn’t normal; neither was our taxes helping to bomb the people of Yemen. Using other people’s lives to pile up objects wasn’t normal, the whole thing was absurd. Governments are currently busy pouring money into propping up existing inequalities, and bailing out businesses that have made their shareholders rich. The world’s worst people think that everybody is going to come out of this in a few months and go willingly back into a kind of numbing servitude. Surely it’s time to start imagining something better.

https://theovertake.com/~beta/frankie-boyle-did-you-ever-wonder-what-youd-be-doing-during-an-apocalypse/

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can see why there would be confusion, the cdc mask thing yesterday had nothing to do with ppe, the new standard is assuming most idiots have it, won’t be tested, and aren’t staying home so at least a bandana will make it harder for them to cough on everyone they meet.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Nah, man. The jig is up. They got us.

It's perfectly fine to wear masks for 24 hours then go to the grocery and sneeze on the produce with that same mask still on because they're ~~magic~~ and have a natural +15 spell of immunity that never deteriorates even in the presence of orcs.

what the gently caress are these posts

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

people around the world are demanding ppe when they should be demanding piss

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

a helpful bear posted:

i've determined im one of those people that could probably live on a space colony for a while because i miss the outside but it really has[NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]n't affected me in a big way

Why would anyone have problems living in a space colony?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

piss piss eruption

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1246369585940611073
:justflu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Charlz Guybon posted:

Why would anyone have problems living in a space colony?