Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Smirr posted:

you have got to be absolutely loving kidding me. i swear to christ i'm about to have a panic attack. HOW IS THIS LEGAL

lmao Köln is beyond parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Went on my daily run. Met about 12 people total, no groups of three. Everyone was going out of the way and tilting the head away from me when I went past. People definitely take this stuff serious around here.

Still barely any masks around. And honestly, I don't own one either. I sometimes use my scarf, but I can't breath right with that, making running futile. But I do try to cover my mouth when I am in a store.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

lmao Köln is beyond parody.

It really, really is. Holy poo poo. Did I post this https://www.express.de/koeln/ruehrendes-video-koelner-anwohner-rufen-polizei-und-feuerwehr-fuer-emotionale-aktion-36478504 when it happened? I don't think I did

quote:

Rührendes Video
Kölner Anwohner rufen Polizei und Feuerwehr für emotionale Aktion

Köln -
Anwohner der Speestraße in Sülz haben am Donnerstagabend für rührende Szenen gesorgt. Seit ein paar Tagen treten vielerorts in Deutschland Menschen jeden Abend um 21 Uhr auf ihre Balkone und applaudieren all jenen, die derzeit während der Coronakrise wertvolle Arbeit leisten – so auch in Köln.

Anwohner der Speestraße riefen am Abend bei Polizei und Feuerwehr an und baten darum, dass ein paar Einsatzkräfte stellvertretend für alle Kollegen um 21 Uhr in der Speestraße erscheinen sollten, man wolle sich bei ihnen bedanken. Als zum erbetenen Zeitpunkt tatsächlich einige Streifenwagen und Feuerwehrautos in die Straße einbogen, empfingen die Anwohner sie mit Applaus, Menschen standen an den Fenstern und schwenkten Wunderkerzen.

Aus einer Musikbox ertönte „En unserem Veedel“ von den Bläck Fööss. In gemächlichem Tempo rollten die Einsatzfahrzeuge durch die Straße und bedankten sich mit eingeschaltetem Blaulicht für die Aktion.

Der Dank der Sülzer, so ist auf Facebook nachzulesen, gilt ausdrücklich auch anderen Helfern wie zum Beispiel Mitarbeitern in Krankenhäusern und Pflegeheimen und im Einzelhandel – „allen, die im Moment für uns da sind und alles geben, um die Krise zu überwinden“. (red)

I mean, lmao

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

After having lived here for my entire life, I can assure you, these Kölsche Lieder never get any better and you also never get used to them. It's meant to be a punishment.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

:hmmyes:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol, no lies detected

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp 2.0,

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Happy that the traditional Berlin Türsteher experience is still available with clubs closed, only now at DM

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Wir kriegen auch schönes Wetter hier in Hannover. Die Polizei bereitet sich schon auf massive Einsätze gegen die Bevölkerung vor, wenn die ersten Deppen vergessen, dass wir Pandemie haben.

Strahlender Sonnenschein ab morgen, und dann für mindestens eine Woche. Temperaturen von 18-22° C. Fast sommerlich.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

Happy that the traditional Berlin Türsteher experience is still available with clubs closed, only now at DM

Berghain but this time we just want some Nivea Feuchtigkeitscreme For Men.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Smirr posted:

It really, really is. Holy poo poo. Did I post this https://www.express.de/koeln/ruehrendes-video-koelner-anwohner-rufen-polizei-und-feuerwehr-fuer-emotionale-aktion-36478504 when it happened? I don't think I did

I mean, lmao

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, as terrible as that song is, the Einsatzkräfte were obviously alright with this and probably disponiered their folks according to capacity and current Auslastung, so that video was actually heart-warming as hell.
Good on them for getting some appreciation for the poo poo they're currently tasked with shoveling.

That said, the cynical Deutschbag in me is seeing 19 Einsatzfahrzeuge locked into a tiny Straße and is dreading them getting stuck on account of a single dingus rangiering like a buffoon when a call comes in :lol:

Also, yeesh, that song.

On a related note, since there's no WM this year, has literally every single band in German started planning for a "Song zur Corona Krise" yet? I'm guessing they're smelling the money to be made.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

On a related note, since there's no WM this year, has literally every single band in German started planning for a "Song zur Corona Krise" yet? I'm guessing they're smelling the money to be made.

Dunno about that, but in general music personality news Till "Corona" Lindemann just published his rape fantasies in Gedichtform

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
What are the odds of getting infected by passers-by? Like crossing ways in the sidewalk, keeping whatever distance is possible.
Isn't this low risk?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goons Are Great posted:

Berghain but this time we just want some Nivea Feuchtigkeitscreme For Men.

Türsteher: Was willst du den heute kaufen?

Du: Eh... ehm...ja... nur so Alpecin coffein shampoo oder so...

Türsteher looks you up and down: Sorry, heute leider nicht.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

System Metternich posted:

Dunno about that, but in general music personality news Till "Corona" Lindemann just published his rape fantasies in Gedichtform

No worries, the entire Corona thing around Lindemann was just the BILD being BILD: https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/03/27/update-no-rammsteins-till-lindemann-does-not-have-the-coronavirus-after-all/
So we can expect a corona-based probably brutal murder song involving massive amounts of fire being made as we speak.

oliwan posted:

Türsteher: Was willst du den heute kaufen?

Du: Eh... ehm...ja... nur so Alpecin coffein shampoo oder so...

Türsteher looks you up and down: Sorry, heute leider nicht.

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wait, what?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Yep. https://twitter.com/peterdhintz/status/1245753486786072576?s=20

Also, in unrelated news: Berlin get your poo poo together, drat

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

oliwan posted:

welp 2.0,

we are dead

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Also, in unrelated news: Berlin get your poo poo together, drat

hm yeah it's on the internet so it must be true

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
im the prepaid 100 euro ticket to the illegal raves in far away warehouses that are definitely happening in berlin

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Coining the term "Dark Clubbing"

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Coining the term "Dark Clubbing"

Doesn’t roll off the tongue quite as well as „Rostock-Lichtenhagen“ but sure

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Hopper posted:

∆∆∆

The "Helden get Krise" would be more thrilled if we all just stayed inside like they ask us to instead of doing useless stuff like this.

Also: Shits gonna be worse than I thought next week. Here in Munich it is 14 degrees and sunny and I thought it might make sense to nip to the corner shop at 12 when people are home having lunch...
We are beyond help. Massive line in the shop, most people not keeping distance, outside it was busy as if it was a normal day, people chatting, very few masks, many people clearly not going/coming from shopping or essential stuff and completely usual levels of traffic. And we are on the outskirts.

So Ausgangssperre doesn't do poo poo on days people don't have to work it seems. No home office no reason to stay in I guess. And next week we have the 4 days Easter weekend.

I'll back this up. I'm in the north of Munich and everybody and their grandparents are outside laughing and slapping. Where tf are the police?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I just saw two birds loving outside. They actually don't do it in one go, rather the male flies on the female, does a bit of humping, flies away again. After two seconds of pause, he flies again on the female, does a bit of humping, flies away again. This continues 5-6 times. After the third time the female starts getting nervous, and does a bit of pecking at the male. But he is determined. Nothing will stop his loving. Anyway he's finished after the sixth time. Thank you for coming to my bird loving ted talk.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
The Lindemann poem makes me ashamed to have liked Rammstein. I mean some of their songs & lyrics are pretty great but drat, gently caress that guy for that poem in particular.

Went running today and had resigned myself to just going in the forest a couple meters whenever people come and then the first four actually stepped out of the way which was nice. Others not so much. Families that stick together in the middle of the loving path. Different folks walking their dogs together who I'm pretty sure aren't even from the same household. This poo poo brings out the inner cop in me. Don't think I've ever seen the woods this crowded.

Tomorrow I'll get up at 6 or 7 AM to get my long run in before everything gets crowded to hell and back.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

mike12345 posted:

I just saw two birds loving outside. They actually don't do it in one go, rather the male flies on the female, does a bit of humping, flies away again. After two seconds of pause, he flies again on the female, does a bit of humping, flies away again. This continues 5-6 times. After the third time the female starts getting nervous, and does a bit of pecking at the male. But he is determined. Nothing will stop his loving. Anyway he's finished after the sixth time. Thank you for coming to my bird loving ted talk.

Some bird species are monogamous and that is just adorable

But they do feed their young through regurgitation which is problematic for avian flu social distancing

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Munich is the worst, confirmed

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

That makes me feel better somehow. At least it's being actively enforced. Just Großstadt Dummheit I guess.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Once this corona thing is over as far as the disease itself goes, do you guys think you'll easily be able to get back out of the mentality that has you looking at groups of people and questioning whether their personal relationship allows for the level of closeness they display, or wishing for the police when someone is outdoors?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well someone's pretty optimistic they're gonna survive this whole thing :jerkbag:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

cant cook creole bream posted:

Still barely any masks around. And honestly, I don't own one either. I sometimes use my scarf, but I can't breath right with that, making running futile. But I do try to cover my mouth when I am in a store.

Do you have a 30x30 or bigger handkerchief and 2 rubbers? Then you have a mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QYaMTKxBQ

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

What are the odds of getting infected by passers-by? Like crossing ways in the sidewalk, keeping whatever distance is possible.
Isn't this low risk?

Corona comes out of you just by breathing if you have any of it. And in china an infection wave in one apartment tower was started by an aerosol plume being blown over by the wind from another apartment tower. Take no risks.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Was out for 45 minutes, fair amount of people out but I only saw one group that wasn't obviously a family that was together, everybody else was spread out and kept their distance. Munich is gonna gently caress it up for everybody aren't they?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Once this corona thing is over as far as the disease itself goes, do you guys think you'll easily be able to get back out of the mentality that has you looking at groups of people and questioning whether their personal relationship allows for the level of closeness they display, or wishing for the police when someone is outdoors?

Haha. "once this is over" Heh.

Mithaldu posted:

I just ended up making a pretty scary graph.

The red lines are sars, you can tell how long it took for things to end by how they converged. And you can also see that the end result of the mortality number ended up roughly middling for them from the halfway point.

The green lines are covid. Note how they're doing the opposite of converging. Also how their middling is a good bit above sars.

Also, in re the earlier "i'm healed" and "get sick twice" talk ... the virus can hang out in your lungs for 3 weeks after you go asymptomatic. Unless you've been strongly tested, do absolutely NOT assume things are over because you're feeling better.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Given his previous fantasies (cannibalism, arsonry, etc.) evidenced by Rammstein lyrics that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

The trick is not to be an authoritarian rear end in a top hat and mind your own business. When you see three people on the street and you start wondering whether they live in the same household just tell yourself "Wait, I'm not a fascist piece of poo poo, this doesn't concern me! I just need to keep my distance from them and everything will be alright". This way, you won't be in danger of keeping the authoritarian rear end in a top hat attitude after the crisis has ended.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
do you ever see public displays of affection and think to yourself: maybe ultraviolent anthrophobifascism really IS the answer

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sulla Faex posted:

do you ever see public displays of affection and think to yourself: maybe ultraviolent anthrophobifascism really IS the answer

no, but im different

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Went out earlier to a Packstation, and was pleasantly surprised to see people in Hamburg doing social distancing decently. 3+ metres front and back between every group, and people giving one another wide berths sideways when passing.

Well, with the notable exception of a family who just let their two young children run wild, weaving in and out between people while open-mouth coughing in every direction. :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I officially don’t have Covid. So I guess this hellish, nightmarish throatache is Angina, my gf has it. Popping them antibiotics now.