Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

eating only apples posted:

Wow Marina and Coco are two of the most wanted, you hosed up rejecting those two. They're also both really good, I've never had Marina but had Coco in NL and she's a sweetheart. I hope in the future you get Hippeaux as a random :mad:

e: was your villager irl name Jay bc that's my name and I was stoked in NL to get that dumb jock bird, it'd be good to see him again in this one

Marina is normal and we annoyingly already have two of them. Coco is an absolute hell nightmare and I reject her existence entirely

The one I picked is BRUCE and he rules

Help Im Alive posted:

dang you turned down a few real good ones

We were looking for a few specifics, or pretty much any dog or wolf. But Bruce showing up was a sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Anyone got bitchin' turnip prices right now?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Poque posted:

Marina is normal and we annoyingly already have two of them. Coco is an absolute hell nightmare and I reject her existence entirely

Coco's normal too but she is wonderful also normal villagers are the sweetest, three is not too many normals unless you really like... uh... uchis? I can't think of a bad villager type but i never get on well with uchis

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dodo code Expired, everyone enjoy your poop hats!

Poop hats, leather jackets and goatees, turnip prices are bad. Please don’t tread on my flowers.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 5, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
they need to make my weird golem noisemaker friends the gyroids burrow up near the surface after it rains like bizarre stone earthworms like they used to, as a punishment to people who don't want to engage with the strange quirky aspects of AC

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://mobile.twitter.com/snailpaw/status/1244084786156703744

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
^^^^^ noooo I am the true monster ^^^^^

Coco's normal too but she is wonderful also normal villagers are the sweetest, three is not too many normals unless you really like... uh... uchis? I can't think of a bad villager type but i never get on well with uchis

We got lucky and our first eight were all different types, so we didn't want our last two to triple us up. Normal types are super great though.

We don't super care for our Uchi (Mira) but we could do much worse for our least fave!

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds

Amars posted:

Dang City is open for last minute turnip sales! Turnip price is 165.

Dodo code: 7HYHK

I'll be open for about an hour.

Thank you! Left you a cherry blossom bag by the gyroid.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Poque posted:

Rejected villagers:
Marina

are you loving kidding me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

IronicDongz posted:

how can you write "cursed rabbit golem" and not realize that by that description alone she is obviously the coolest villager to exist

I was literally talking about how cool she is this morning and this chump just heartlessly strands her on a random island
:negative:

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Anyone got Flick visiting at the moment? I've come across Giant Water Bug island and want to shift these brutes.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

The Duke posted:

Dodo code 9R558

Poop hats, leather jackets and goatees, turnip prices are bad. Please don’t tread on my flowers.

You're a jerk for holding a gun to my head and forcing me to spend ten thousand bells on clothing.

raven77
Jan 28, 2006

Nevermore.

Chris Pistols posted:

Anyone got Flick visiting at the moment? I've come across Giant Water Bug island and want to shift these brutes.

You can’t sell to someone else’s Flick. I tried a few days ago.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

https://twitter.com/ColorPrinter_/status/1246555249273212928?s=19

Tiffany, why

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

raven77 posted:

You can’t sell to someone else’s Flick. I tried a few days ago.

Man, thanks for letting me know. Guess the Nook Boys will get them when their shop opens in... 8 hours.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can you get a statue from someone else's Flick/CJ?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I had Flick yesterday for the first time and am still hunting a tarantula. Made enough money off that cute lizard from moths and tiger beetles to pay off a bridge immediately. Not what I wanted, but he can come back any time :allears:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Poque posted:

Player 2 can indeed terraform. All 5 wasps need to be done in the same day. My will be done

I had like 50,000 nook miles so my partner opened up our last villager plot this morning and I spent hours trying to find one of a few villagers that we were interested in.

Rejected villagers:
Biff
Hippeux the horrible trump hippo
Papi
Raddle
Pashmina
Apollo
Hippeux again like a loving bad dream
Marina
Winnie
Coco the cursed rabbit golem
Boyd
Alli
Cashmere
Rooney
Greta
Cranston
Soleil

Then finally I got a villager with my irl name so he was a must-add

How could you reject Marina? She is wonderful!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

K.K. does multiple requests a night now?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Funky Valentine posted:

K.K. does multiple requests a night now?

Yes, but he only gives you a record for the first song, as I understand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chris Pistols posted:

Yes, but he only gives you a record for the first song, as I understand.

Oh thank god, it doesn't count if you spell a song wrong.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So it sounds like there is nothing special about the gold tools.

I have recipe for gold bars which require 3 gold nuggets. If the item selling for 2x the material price I should be able to sell the gold bars for 60k.

Is there a reason I shouldn’t be doing this?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

She is cute and her head is a tangerine

Fair, fair. I love Roscoe but he's not popular so idk.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

I have recipe for gold bars which require 3 gold nuggets. If the item selling for 2x the material price I should be able to sell the gold bars for 60k.

there are non-tool things that need gold

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
27 giant water bugs, 1 snapping turtle and nary an egg to be seen. A good trip.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheBizzness posted:

Gold Furniture

Star Furniture

Giant Robot

Gold Armor clothing

Probably some other things I don't know about.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i made a gold statue of a dung beetle and gave it to a villager i didn't like

he put it by his bed

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

K.K. can play the theme from Wild World (it's called Wild World) but I guess it's a secret easter egg song cause afterwards he treats it as a request that didn't get recognized and I don't get an item. That sucks :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheBizzness posted:

Including what everyone else said, one day you may get gold bars as a hot item. 120K a pop.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

someone awful. posted:

i made a gold statue of a dung beetle and gave it to a villager i didn't like

he put it by his bed

Strong username post combo

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Color Printer posted:

K.K. can play the theme from Wild World (it's called Wild World) but I guess it's a secret easter egg song cause afterwards he treats it as a request that didn't get recognized and I don't get an item. That sucks :mad:

drat I was disappointed I didn't know which option to pick to request a specific song, so I didn't request one of the secret songs. So I wouldn't have gotten the track to play at home anyway?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Fair warning about furniture crafted with gold nuggets: I found out the other day the golden gears I crafted did not double the value of a gold nugget, it only sold for about 11,000. Not sure about other golden furniture, that's the only gold recipe I've gotten and crafted.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
What size silhouette are the snapping turtles?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am sort of worried that the Bunny Day event will be a precedent for future events, unless Nintendo notices the grumbling and makes it so there aren’t as many event based crafting mats

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sort of worried that the Bunny Day event will be a precedent for future events, unless Nintendo notices the grumbling and makes it so there aren’t as many event based crafting mats

I think had it not been less than two weeks since the start, it would have gone over a lot better.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

What size silhouette are the snapping turtles?

The one I caught looked like the biggest one

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Color Printer posted:

That kicks rear end. Wild World had the best theme, especially the extended version from the album.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

A Long Way Down posted:

The one I caught looked like the biggest one

Yeah, just the biggest fish shape. Nothing special about it (like a fin). Not too sure what the other large river fish are, I think it sticks out. I could be very wrong on this.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Ended

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

this way is much better than the old ones being a single day you can completely miss and have to wait an entire year for another go at it. its not really their fault that the game launched right when everyone started having to stay at home because of a pandemic.

if they cut the mats down then in normal circumstances it would completely ruin the point of the new balance for the events and turn them into extreme grinds outside of the very weird situation we're in right now