Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
I just remembered that skeet Ulrich show, Jericho. It's been ages but thinking of rewatching and getting a +1 in chud land post apocalypse survival.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

this is not an aesthetic this is real life

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

ok yeah you're real fuckin dumb, go eat some dumbfuck cornflakes to grow up bigly and strongly dumb

Maybe the reason everyone called you an idiot is because the "COVID antibodies work permit/union" isn't actually a smart idea by any stretch of the imagination no matter how you spin it, not because they misunderstood your genius.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

or rather DEATH

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We can only double the number of infections 10 more times before everyone is infected. With a doubling time of 3 days that's May 1st.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I went to the grocery store then I panic bought some non/long perishables. I feel like an idiot but that poo poo gave me an anxiety attack. Masks, people like super aggravated that you are in their 12 foot personal bubble.

Wife found some non alcohol based hand sanitizer because a rep gave it to her at work so I gave 2 tubes to the cashier... Solidarity or something.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Showed this to my catte

your cat looks like a weathered sailor

it's all starting to make sense

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Vox Nihili posted:

Maybe the reason everyone called you an idiot

or maybe the real reason is you're real fuckin dumb and can't read idk :shrug:

please go find some goopy stinky poo poo to rub all over your face tia

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
We'll look at that, it's on Netflix

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

We can only double the number of infections 10 more times before everyone is infected. With a doubling time of 3 days that's May 1st.

Oh so you're saying this will all be over in less than a month? Huzzah, we did it!

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Lambert posted:

Absolutely not, I'm not into recycling weird right-wing gun nut arguments for the left. The police having guns is important to society, any random moron having guns means there's a never-ending spiral of violence, which leads to the problem of police violence the US has.

still just gently caressing this post

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

this is my fav wojack

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Oh so you're saying this will all be over in less than a month? Huzzah, we did it!

Well it will take you another 2 weeks to die, but yeah basically. I mean something's gotta give so April is going to be interesting.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol
https://twitter.com/michellevermaak/status/1246506888855986176

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/akanoego/status/1246562736915578881

argument between neoliberals and CHUDs where the CHUDs are using how the WHO played nice with China as a carrot toward compliance as representative of a failure of all expertise, while either ignorant or pretending that experts at places like the Imperial College of London weren't predicting 1-2 million deaths

They're both right and they're both wrong, but I don't feel like registering and then spending a while trying to clear it up

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Man there's been like 4 flamewars in here today. That's rad.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246571458484211719?s=19

9,000 total deaths looks very likely within the next couple hours.

seems like its been chugging along at about 1k deaths per day for a few days now. kind of surprised the rate hasn't kept increasing at such a crazy pace since cases keep going up faster and faster. almost like as many people are dieing as can be counted in NY/NJ and we're just waiting for the die-offs to ramp up in other places. michigan, florida, and louisiana seem to have plenty of upside though.

Zyme has issued a correction as of 00:38 on Apr 5, 2020

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

apatheticman posted:

I went to the grocery store then I panic bought some non/long perishables. I feel like an idiot but that poo poo gave me an anxiety attack. Masks, people like super aggravated that you are in their 12 foot personal bubble.

Wife found some non alcohol based hand sanitizer because a rep gave it to her at work so I gave 2 tubes to the cashier... Solidarity or something.
the lingering hypochondria when this is all said and done will be immense.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Solarin posted:

your cat looks like a weathered sailor

it's all starting to make sense

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Zyme posted:

seems like its been chugging along at about 1k deaths per day for a few days now. kind of surprised the rate hasn't keep increasing at such a crazy pace since cases keep going up faster and faster. almost like as many people are dieing as can be counted in NY/NJ and we're just waiting for the die-offs to ramp up in other places. michigan, florida, and louisiana seem to have plenty of upside though.

Nah, I don't think that's true. I mean, the number isn't slowing down.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Salt Fish posted:

Business as usual by June then, hooray

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

mod sassinator posted:

wait till these geniuses learn the amount of EM radiation the sun emits constantly
um, well, funny you should say that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VielSUhG-40
:tinfoil:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
Love my disaster capitalism

https://twitter.com/CameronNBeach/status/1246183339364622336?s=19

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

we should really bail out cruise ships

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Basic Poster posted:

I just remembered that skeet Ulrich show, Jericho. It's been ages but thinking of rewatching and getting a +1 in chud land post apocalypse survival.

:synpa:

As I recall it starts off pretty well but somehow Dexter's dad shows up with infinite gas and everyone's driving around halfway through season 1

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

So we will be hitting 10k on Monday?

That's a spicy meatball

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

if only someone had foreseen this
ah, well, nevertheless...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

What are the chances of this ship being ground zero for a coup?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Over Easy posted:

That's a spicy meatball

Officially yes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at docs who haven't quit in advance so they can come in later when there is peak demand/salary for docs and ppe is available. Not very rational consumers imo

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Over Easy posted:

That's a spicy meatball

i refuse to increment deaths in anything other than 9/11's

we are currently close to 3 9/11's

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1246583428839071750

almost all of this is going to just be kept by owners of course

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Keep hearing rumblings about my hospital doing the same, the are already cutting back on nurses.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:hmmyes:

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Salt Fish posted:

Nah, I don't think that's true. I mean, the number isn't slowing down.

yeah thats the total deaths (cum deaths), not the rate of dieing though. its been about 1k per day for a few days. maybe like 900, 1100, 1200 really so a little increase but not like when it went from 400 per day to 1000 per day in 3 days earlier. the cum deaths are looking more linear now rather than an exponential increase. if we get to a point where the number of deaths/new cases per day stays the same for a while then it means that the trend has shifted from exponential to something not exponential, which would be important. i certainly don't think we're there yet but i am also intrigued that we haven't seen 2k deaths per day.

it is almost certainly because of a lack of testing/counting/noticing rather than being indicative of things not getting worse as fast, but still..

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

gay picnic defence posted:

What are the chances of this ship being ground zero for a coup?

zero. hard to coup when your lungs are filled with fluid.

also nobody is going to do anything anyway

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Brush dat cat :(

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

let's see how active the sun is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nodelphi posted:

Keep hearing rumblings about my hospital doing the same, the are already cutting back on nurses.

https://twitter.com/resistdotard/status/1246570173928058881