Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

I found a dead kitten in our parking lot, I knew better than to pick it up because of the health risk and called animal control who said they were on there way. The way it laid looked as if it was trying to get somewhere. When I got back someone had drove over it with a big truck and it's guts were everywhere. We deserve this.

yup, ppl are hosed up demon creatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Basic Poster posted:

hey you were talked a bunch about earlier as a turf or nazi or idiot or hate gibbous, its hard to keep up.

my autocorrect wanted ti change haute bourgeoisie into hate gibbous, and Im cool with it.

homeless friend is good and should be a mod if not site owner

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

PostNouveau posted:

I haven't checked in a few days. Are we still on a rocketship to plagueworld or did things slow down?

lol

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

props on changing the thread title FINALLY u loving failures (again, good job)

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

I usually check here and it mentioned to look on April 4 for an update... but they didn't make one.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

Turdfuzz posted:

dude if you quote me too much, Ill be in your pms trying to get that gorilla dick, careful.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1246657041780871168?s=19

Didn't hit 9,000 which is good. Daily deaths still rising. Which is bad.

Probably a lot of deaths not being counted though...

the really important number is the ratio of today's deaths vs total deaths

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PostNouveau posted:

I haven't checked in a few days. Are we still on a rocketship to plagueworld or did things slow down?

the former

testing is plateu'd and locked down but deaths keep going up, and probably underreported

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

i love that i'm like a stealth cspam poster, it rules. I love playing the bad guy so when people think poorly of me I lean right into it. It's :discourse:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

Lol we're so woefully inadequate

Xaris posted:

neanderthals would have won

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

the former

testing is plateu'd and locked down but deaths keep going up, and probably underreported

lol every authority is gonna be ordered to underreport deaths so we stay under 200,000 and Trump holds a big victory parade

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

who the hell are you people

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Inner Light posted:

I usually check here and it mentioned to look on April 4 for an update... but they didn't make one.

The people who update it died of coronavirusflu-like symptoms

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Xaris posted:

the former

weeee

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Basic Poster posted:

dude if you quote me too much, Ill be in your pms trying to get that gorilla dick, careful.

no

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Solarin posted:

who the hell are you

mr biden sir turn on ur monitor

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the clock turns, the beans churn....

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Imagine if typhoid Mary was actually an affluent middle class white person with a blog where every day she did a sicko laugh while talking about how proud she was to spread disease lol

Why are people getting twisted up to defend her poisonous and imbecilic legacy

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Solarin posted:

who the hell are you people

grandpa we're going to move you to a ship in the harbor that is full of nice people

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
what you really need to do is stock pile ammunition and have some good coffee table chats with conservatives

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
New Zealand update: without any real restrictions and measures we'd be at 4k infected as of today, and rapidly growing.

We just hit 1k infected and are plateauing 11 days into the lockdown

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDSNvQjXe8

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Imagine if typhoid Mary was actually an affluent middle class white person with a blog where every day she did a sicko laugh while talking about how proud she was to spread disease lol

Why are people getting twisted up to defend her poisonous and imbecilic legacy

it's fine to be glad she's dead just tone down the moans of satisfaction, I think that's the general point being made here

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Inner Light posted:

I like that it used to have a message saying to check back in on April 4th for an update. Then they didn't update it and took down the message altogether.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I like that it used to have a message saying to check back in on April 4th for an update. Then they didn't update it and took down the message altogether.

prepare to be owned

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Yep I noticed that too.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

We are all gonna die!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

the guy who updates the site is sick

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook

goth smoking cloves posted:

We are all gonna die!

cool!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Only for a few days, then they'll have to move to larger units of suffering like the Korean War, Vietnam War etc

At 8,489 deaths, COVID-19 in the US has already killed more people than the combined total deaths of Union and Confederate troops at the Battle of Gettysburg (7,863 fatalities), and far more than the Philippine-American War (1899-1902, 4,100 deaths total)

The total for the American Civil War is 750,000 deaths across both sides
The total for World War 2 is 416,800 Americans
The total for World War 1 is 116,500
The total for Vietnam (1961-1975) is 58,200
The total for Korea (1950-1953) is 54,200
The (estimated) total for the American Revolutionary War is 25,000
The (estimated) total for the War of 1812 is 15,000
The total for the Mexican-American War (1846-1848) is 13,200

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

At 8,489 deaths, COVID-19 in the US has already killed more people than the combined total deaths of Union and Confederate troops at the Battle of Gettysburg (7,863 fatalities), and far more than the Philippine-American War (1899-1902, 4,100 deaths total)

The total for the American Civil War is 750,000 deaths across both sides
The total for World War 2 is 416,800 Americans
The total for World War 1 is 116,500
The total for Vietnam (1961-1975) is 58,200
The total for Korea (1950-1953) is 54,200
The (estimated) total for the American Revolutionary War is 25,000
The (estimated) total for the War of 1812 is 15,000
The total for the Mexican-American War (1846-1848) is 13,200

we cant let the cure be worse than the problem

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I probably wouldn't eat as many beans without my pressure cooker. I love it so much.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1246101690790621186

States working together because the federal government is useless.

Maybe they should form some coalition with nearby states and pool resources that would have gone to the feds.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

the guy who updates the site is sick

that never stopped something awful

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

owns that they aren't going to make enough tests to track deaths properly (protip: we'll never officially go above 200k) but they're going to mass manufacturer antibody tests in record speed lol

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
"those poor working class karens that believed a jewish conspiracy was responsible for germanys loss in ww1 really didnt deserve to fall out of that guard tower" - left-liberal bernie voters apparently

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah the virus just up and disappeared one day. It was weird but I guess it all worked out

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Broke quarantine today and patted a giant dog. Had permission from dogs human friend and he weighed more than I do. Better to die happy than to live with regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

jetz0r posted:

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/1246101690790621186

States working together because the federal government is useless.

Maybe they should form some coalition with nearby states and pool resources that would have gone to the feds.

is there really any resource that goes to the feds except their own made up money?