Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

facetoucher cat posted:

Wait until TROMP forces the churches open for Easter and people read the wiki articles on Christianity for the first time. Woo boy, number go up there

poo poo. It's gonna be June before we even have a hope of getting this poo poo under control, isn't it?

Also, feeling real nude without the gang tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's like the backstory of the guy in a movie/video game who returns home to find it an apocalyptic wasteland.

Earth Abides

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Squizzle posted:

you can laugh that they were wrong to death. just, as many people on the forums are confronting terrifying prognoses for their loved ones and themselves, try to be sensitive about delighting in death itself, instead of in the absurdities of mortal circumstance

shut up nerd

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe snake venom will protect me from covid

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A remotely sane country would arrest him as a menace to public health but lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rah! posted:

yeah shes Rae

Raelly dumb :vince:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Phi230 posted:

imagine having a hammer and sickle in your name but being such a pussy about justice against reactionaries and oppressors
lol you're a real hard man. how many enemies of the people have you delivered justice to in your entire life?

playing wolfenstein and tweeting guillotine gifs in leftist womens' twitter replies doesnt count

cargo cult has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Apr 5, 2020

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

gently caress you Maggie. Look I'm not endorsing, but people have some doubts. Very interesting.

Holy poo poo I hate her so much.

Hope she gets covid and spreads it to two sources close to Jared and Ivanka

Serf
May 5, 2011

1/5 of all the cases in georgia originate from one funeral. italy was smart to suspend that poo poo quick

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

90s Solo Cup posted:

poo poo. It's gonna be June before we even have a hope of getting this poo poo under control, isn't it?

Also, feeling real nude without the gang tags.

we are not going to have things under control

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This was a thing that was easily foreseen and congress chose not to address it and went home for a month instead.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Serf posted:

1/5 of all the cases in georgia originate from one funeral. italy was smart to suspend that poo poo quick

The story was something else on how a funeral for a local janitor led to hundreds of new cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/albany-georgia-coronavirus/index.html

quote:

When a retired janitor suddenly died in southern Georgia, crowds of relatives and friends flocked to a local funeral home and mourned together. Within weeks, their city was overrun by coronavirus cases.

That cluster of coronavirus cases was linked to the funerals of 64-year-old Andrew J. Mitchell and another man, held in late February and early March, Dougherty County Council Chairman Chris Cohilas said. Albany, a city of roughly 75,000 people -- as well as Cohilas' county, where Albany is based -- is the latest example of how the virus has started disrupting smaller, more rural areas as much as the country's larger, urban cities.
As of Wednesday afternoon, there were at least 490 confirmed coronavirus cases reported in Dougherty County and at least 29 coronavirus-related deaths, the Georgia Department of Public Health said.
About 20 people who attended at least one of the funerals contracted the virus, said Scott Steiner, the chief executive officer of Phoebe Putney Health System, which has its biggest hospital in Albany.

"It took one person, whoever that was, and there was no intent," Steiner told CNN. "It shows this virus can quickly spread."
A spokesperson for the Georgia Department of Health acknowledged the virus spread among "individuals who attended a number of events in Albany" but said it's unclear "where or with whom it all started."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bump_fn posted:

shut up nerd

a fair pt

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

cargo cult posted:

lol you're a real hard man. how many enemies of the people have you delivered justice to in your entire life?

playing wolfenstein and tweeting guillotine gifs in leftist women's twitter replies doesnt count

the enlightened have logged on

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1246808112176271368

:goofy:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Literally every camper from RV parks to state parks is now forced into dispersed campgrounds, I'm sure it's going to be fun and safe out there

As someone who doesn't own an RV (lol) or goes camping (lmao), what do you mean by this? Specifically the safe part.

Genuinely asking.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Free PFC

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

he'll be spreading something, that's for sure

Serf
May 5, 2011

etalian posted:

The story was something else on how a funeral for a local janitor led to hundreds of new cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/albany-georgia-coronavirus/index.html

i've been to albany a few times. nice town, but definitely not prepared for this poo poo in the slightest. a lot of people are getting a crash course in what exponential growth is because no one can afford to stay home

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao Chud logic strikes again, have less testing than other states but use this fog of war to say everything is going great in the state

quote:

Testing is particularly sparse in Florida’s rural counties. But despite the paucity of tests and data, the governor has pointed to coronavirus-free rural counties as a reason not to issue broad shelter-in-place rules.

DeSantis spokesperson Helen Aguirre Ferré on March 25 took to Twitter to explain the administration’s rationale.

According to the Florida Department of Health, 21 counties don’t have a single case of Covid-19, she wrote. Forty have 10 cases or fewer, and 51 percent of all cases are in Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.

“Given this data, it makes little sense to shut down the entire state,” she tweeted.

As of Wednesday, only 11 Florida counties are virus-free, and 28 have 10 or fewer cases, according to the Department of Health.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thinking about metamorphosing into a bear and retreating to a wooded mountain until this all blows over

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Danny LaFever posted:

My wife had to get a root canal last week...

Depends on how much your tooth is bothering you or the risk of leaving it for a few months.

She doing better now? Root canals suck =(

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

cargo cult posted:

playing wolfenstein and tweeting guillotine gifs in leftist womens' twitter replies doesnt count

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/Birdyword/status/1246776665755148288

there are the countries that went through sars and learned from it and theres everyone else...

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Epic High Five posted:

Maybe snake venom will protect me from covid

Go to a snake handling church. They've undoubtedly got an unlimited supply of both

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Last sunday that church had 1,800 people in attendance who were bussed in from all over the state using over 40 buses and those who drove to the church

Serf
May 5, 2011

poty posted:

there are the countries that went through sars and learned from it and theres everyone else...

lmao that looks better than my last 3 apartments

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

etalian posted:

lmao Chud logic strikes again, have less testing than other states but use this fog of war to say everything is going great in the state

Iowa and Nebraska are using the exact same logic. it's just that no one actually wants to vacation / live in those states, so they haven't exploded just quite yet

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bump_fn posted:

we can and should

phew ok carry on

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poty posted:

well the fan shows this quarantine camp picture wasn't taken in South Korea.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh my god even the New York Times ghouls are getting on on author of "actually, weed is bad" book corona denialism now.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
cool cool the grifting churches of the south are going to cause their congregation to evaporate right in front of their eyes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

alongside habs being a faildaughter who only got her job from nepotism and doesn't know what she's doing, the nyc media class is going has gone insane because of this virus shutting down the city and are desperately grasping onto any shred of hope

it's going to be interesting watching what happens when/if it starts abating in NYC but is still raging in the rest of the country

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Serf posted:

i've been to albany a few times. nice town, but definitely not prepared for this poo poo in the slightest. a lot of people are getting a crash course in what exponential growth is because no one can afford to stay home
i thought you swore a blood oath to live and die in dixie

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wow even the nyt bootlickers are getting into number trutherism

here's the same guy in Maggie's tweet
https://twitter.com/urbanachievr/status/1246800240889548800

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

alongside habs being a faildaughter who only got her job from nepotism and doesn't know what she's doing, the nyc media class is going has gone insane because of this virus shutting down the city and are desperately grasping onto any shred of hope

it's going to be interesting watching what happens when/if it starts abating in NYC but is still raging in the rest of the country

Things like the stupidity/Fuhrer bunker mindset in the lame stream media makes sense when you realize it's a basically a sinecure for failsons and fail daughters of 1 percenters.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

cool cool the grifting churches of the south are going to cause their congregation to evaporate right in front of their eyes

old: boomer remover
bold: rapture reaper

Serf
May 5, 2011

cargo cult posted:

i thought you swore a blood oath to live and die in dixie

i have no idea what this means

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Woofer posted:

https://twitter.com/amaramarasingam/status/1246658639785492480?s=21

have you dummies ever considered maybe just talking it out with these people
https://i.imgur.com/LXtufr6.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

etalian posted:

well the fan shows this quarantine camp picture wasn't taken in South Korea.

the power plugs look right :shrug: