Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

A Russian troll farm posted:

the last 3 weeks are a blur. I've smoked a half ounce, drank a 40 of rye, a 26 of tequila, a 26 of vodka, probably something like 12 bottles of wine, and I would guess at least 60 beers. But I've managed to cut down to two cigarettes a day, so hey, nnot bad

in quarantine for a good time, not for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

facetoucher cat posted:

When the money hits we'll see screenshots like this

HycoCam posted:

I have already distributed this to everyone I know telling them my money is in the bank. :) Thanks.

Heard back from Mom. She's upset that I'm using Wells Fargo...

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

Quetzadilla posted:

You misunderstand. Finance, law, and tech (to some extent) are the industries for rich kids with some actual aptitude since they do require real work. The cool thing about being a rich kids is that you don't have to work at all! And the sinecures for rich failsons have always been thinktanks, politics, NGOs, and journalism.

But I guess you're right those aren't nearly as lucrative so the tryhards will either go into the family business or, if we don't follow the light of Mao and liquidate the landlord class, will follow the tried and true method of capital accumulation by consolidating the distressed lower- and middle-tier landlords' assets for pennies and becoming megaslumlords.

i always assumed that the "jobs" of the rich kids were really just proxies to allow them to expand their network to other rich and powerful people so that they can collectively gain access to additional privileged information to exploit the rest of society for their own gain. so yeah i don't see any of that changing, pandemic or not.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don't you guys remember mayor pete at all? Generic rich kids go into consulting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cargo cult posted:

anyone with two spare brain cells to rub together saw this coming mile aways

Also the black community will be unable to vote due to CV in key swing states like WI leading to a Trump landslide in Nov.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've been telling my brother about this pandemic for months and he still went out, against state orders, to his band practice last week. They meetup in a house with a member who lives with an elderly grandparent

All the old guys in my neighborhood have a weekly group mini golf session on the course in my neighbors yard he set up

twoday posted:

in quarantine for a good time, not for a long time

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

the last 3 weeks are a blur. I've smoked a half ounce, drank a 40 of rye, a 26 of tequila, a 26 of vodka, probably something like 12 bottles of wine, and I would guess at least 60 beers. But I've managed to cut down to two cigarettes a day, so hey, nnot bad

How'd you do the cigarette thing? I've set an alarm clock for when I allow myself to smoke but I have been failing at it. It's the worst addiction I've ever had and I've had some bad ones. I figure once I'm out I'll just not get more because I'm terrified to go to the store but this is also a horrible addiction and I'm dumb AF

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Apparently I still have a bit of humanity left in me - the part whispering "it's an edit, it's not real, or maybe you were sleeping when they covered that transform in Stats", then I look at the Fox logo and face to bloodshed.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HycoCam posted:

Heard back from Mom. She's upset that I'm using Wells Fargo...

Lmao

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
liquor is the only thing i can't get delivered here and we already ran through the $150ish in booze we got 2.5 weeks ago, so, off to spend $300 on a curbside pickup!!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shovelbum posted:

Who?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

MysteriousStranger posted:

now college coaches do make mad stacks, sports are one of the key problems with higher education right now.

Well coaches "pay for themselves" because successful sports teams boost alumni donations and bring in corporate money for the school (but the players can't touch!!!!). I'm not saying sports AREN'T a problem, but it's actually the inflation of upper & middle administrators. There was a chart I can't find anymore that charted out the rising cost of tuition and the rising payrolls for administrators over the past couple decades (exclusive of professors & classified staff) and it's basically 1:1. Coincidentally most seats on college boards are filled by finance people. Weird!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

WaPo has caught up to where the thread was like a week ago
https://twitter.com/LennyMBernstein/status/1246832606995505152?s=20

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

How'd you do the cigarette thing? I've set an alarm clock for when I allow myself to smoke but I have been failing at it. It's the worst addiction I've ever had and I've had some bad ones. I figure once I'm out I'll just not get more because I'm terrified to go to the store but this is also a horrible addiction and I'm dumb AF

Start vaping. It's the best cessation aid known to man and it might very well save your life in this pandemic

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

1 out of 96 people in new orleans has coronavirus

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

I would have a smoke on the way to work, a smoke on breaks, a smoke on the way home, and a smoke while I walked my dog. Now I don't go to work, and instead I walk my dog twice a day. I've always been a proponent of the "hot turkey" method of quitting, in which you slowly cut down until such a point as you can stash away a few smokes for emergencies during the final wean-off. It worked for me once before

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Jesus we've known this poo poo for weeks already, since the Imperial College report. We're gonna have to do rolling lockdowns that basically give us ~6-8 weeks of relative freedom between ~10-12 week long lockdowns. Repeating over and over, until we have a viable vaccine distributed in the population.

And that basically needs to be coordinated worldwide, or done with locked borders. So lol good luck with that poo poo

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i am currently in this schizoid mindset where i feel for so many nice amerikans who are suffering right now but i also really enjoy seeing the nation as a whole so humbled and facing total collapse. i love to see the DNC found the gently caress out, i love to see china and russia bailing out cuomo. it is so sweet. so goddamned loving sweet. choke on it you epstein loving fucks. choke on russian aid you weinstein scumbags. you pieces of poo poo i will loving bury you all. i will fu

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Love the eugenics of capitalism. So much plausible deniability.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I used the forming of a different routine after this all started to quit smoking, plus nicotine patches for the last few weeks. Stopped using my patches three or four days ago after about three weeks. Still smoking pot so that filled the gaps in my brain where it expected to smoke something, so it's kinda got something to lean on, but it worked for me.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Meanwhile tenured professorships are evaporating and higher education is increasingly being taught by massively exploited grad students or adjunct professors in the academia equivalent of Uber gig hell economy.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Holy poo poo I have to go back to work tomorrow

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

shovelbum posted:

nah I worked for a consulting firm. management consulting firms take only the top GPAs from the top schools, and it's "up or out" so you either get promoted over the other try hards or your rear end is out. it's straight up nothing but sociopathic lisa simpsons screaming about meritocracy as they export jobs to china and how everyone who won't get with the program is racist and hates the country their jobs went to while patting themselves on the back for how woke they are because they have asian/black/lgbtq groups at work and teach girls to code on the weekends.

they are a literal walking embodiment of what conservatives claim all liberals are. and you show up day one and they tell you how it's harder to get a job there than it was to get into harvard and how much money you are going to make. and ooh lord the backstabbing since they take pleasure in firing 30% of their staff each year. think ENRON but for socially woke try hards.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo I have to go back to work tomorrow

rip

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Maybe we can sit down and talk it out with them and help them see the error of their ways.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

whats the meta for becoming a leftist correctly now days do you start by reading a book or do you need to go on youtube now to maximize your morality stat gains

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Poniard posted:

whats the meta for becoming a leftist correctly now days do you start by reading a book or do you need to go on youtube now to maximize your morality stat gains

im told you have to listen to the red scare pod

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Jesus we've known this poo poo for weeks already, since the Imperial College report. We're gonna have to do rolling lockdowns that basically give us ~6-8 weeks of relative freedom between ~10-12 week long lockdowns. Repeating over and over, until we have a viable vaccine distributed in the population.

And that basically needs to be coordinated worldwide, or done with locked borders. So lol good luck with that poo poo

so is Trump gonna order us to kill the old Black people, or is Biden going to win the election and issue the order

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

gh0stpinballa posted:

i am currently in this schizoid mindset where i feel for so many nice amerikans who are suffering right now but i also really enjoy seeing the nation as a whole so humbled and facing total collapse. i love to see the DNC found the gently caress out, i love to see china and russia bailing out cuomo. it is so sweet. so goddamned loving sweet. choke on it you epstein loving fucks. choke on russian aid you weinstein scumbags. you pieces of poo poo i will loving bury you all. i will fu

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Poniard posted:

the xp gain is still bugged, you only get the achievement for saying mazovian stuff

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Poniard posted:

be a red diaper baby

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

so is Trump gonna order us to kill the old Black people, or is Biden going to win the election and issue the order

it will be president pence after trump is knocked out of office by roni complications

also he will start with the gays first

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if twitter is any indication real leftists these day all just post nudes

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

triple sulk posted:

i still have no idea how i'm supposed to get my loving MONEY

Post your balls.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

:lmao:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

gh0stpinballa posted:

I wish people weren't too cowardly to do this on main accs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

mod sassinator posted:

so what's the go-to industry for rich kids that want to make bank going to be?

finance? lol market is loving tanked

law? lol can't have courts if the government isn't functional

tech? lol all that startup fun bux and money evaporated overnight when finance collapsed

medicine? lol, just lol

so i guess we're gonna have a gently caress ton of ivy league educated plumbers and tradesmen in the near future lol i love america, america #1 great great great!!

power is going to be fully transferred to corporations, so they will lead focus groups, PR, HR, debt tracking, and finding ways to blend civilian business + military applications